Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ne-Wenger.html

Nice little article from Alan Smith on '89. A confused Tony Adams arriving at Highbury for the open top bus parade at 7am after a 3 day bender and the players heading to the boozer post-training for a piss up.

No doubt football was better back then :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Don't believe that Falcao to Monaco rubbish at all. Only plus is the tax and his wage. Monaco's attendances have been dreadful and he would be playing in an absolutely **** league. I call BS.
    Aren't the high earner in france being taxed 75% or something these days or was that rejected?

(Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    If we give a player £200k a week then the likes of Cazorla, Wilshere and Koscielny (our best players) will start questioning why they can't have wages of £130k-£150k which again will make it difficult to be sustainable.
    This is the crux of it. :yep: There isn't really isn't really an alternative to gradual development, I think. Wenger's also pretty open about his policy of not having huge wage discrepancies within the squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    x
    I've always wondered...who is that girl in your picture?

(Original post by kidomo)
    I've always wondered...who is that girl in your picture?
    Dita Parlo, and the guy is Jean Dasté; it's a still from L'Atalante. :cute: I've been thinking of changing it, actually. :holmes:

Also, Wenger's paid tribute to Ferguson's career :

(Original post by Arsene Wenger)
    I would just like to pay tribute to an unbelievable achievement and a fantastic career. Basically the achievement is immaculate, when you look at the whole structure and consistency of the achievement. It is, of course, something exceptional.

It is difficult to imagine English football without him, but it's now a reality and a fact. Of course the next manager has to fill in and show he has the dimension to do that. It is a big task for the guy who comes in.

What you can say still is that Manchester United are commercially and financially one of the strongest two or three clubs in the world, and that is still a good basis to start when you come in because you know the players are there, the team is there, and the potential is there.

They have developed very well and they are in a very, very strong position to deal with the problem they face. But of course it's a great void to fill for Manchester United, because the charisma and personality disappears suddenly in a club which has been dominated by it for such a long time.

It's not an easy task to replace a person like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Dita Parlo, and the guy is Jean Dasté; it's a still from L'Atalante. :cute: I've been thinking of changing it, actually. :holmes:

Also, Wenger's paid tribute to Ferguson's career :

it fits you well! Don't change it !

This is why I love Wenger! He always make me cry! I hope Arsene Wenger stays with Arsenal for as long as his health permits. I really don't understand how people can hate/dislike Wenger, he is a brilliant manager and a humble person. We're lucky to have someone like him at Arsenal! Also, it's no wonder former legends speak highly of him!

ReputationRep:

Happy bday Dennis Bergkamp! Still racking up the titles even if we aren't :emo:

De Boer/Bergkamp are doing the business at Ajax. Might be a good shout for next Arsenal manager as co-managers.

ReputationRep:
    If Arsene Wenger ever retires...the only people I'd consider are Jurgen Klopp, Boer, Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Tony Adam and Pep.

ReputationRep:
    I've always said I want Joachim Loew.

A disciplined and classy manager. It's a rear combination.

ReputationRep:
    If Arsene Wenger ever retires...the only people I'd consider are Jurgen Klopp, Boer, Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Tony Adam and Pep.
    Lets be honest though if Mourinho wanted to come you'd take him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Happy bday Dennis Bergkamp! Still racking up the titles even if we aren't :emo:

De Boer/Bergkamp are doing the business at Ajax. Might be a good shout for next Arsenal manager as co-managers.
    Either that is a very bad picture of him or berkamp has not aged to well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I've always said I want Joachim Loew.

A disciplined and classy manager. It's a rear combination.
    It will be Dragan Stojković who will take over arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why do you keep saying that?!

Is it just because Wenger came from that japanese club too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    What's he ever accomplished in football? People only say that because he manages the same tinpot Japanese club that Wenger did, but AW had already done the business in France at that stage. We'd be a laughing stock if we went for him.

De Boer/Bergkamp for me. Bergkamp cant fly so he would need a co-manager for sure and they've done a fantastic job at Ajax.But Wenger wont be leaving for years so things will look different then...

(Original post by yaboy)
    Either that is a very bad picture of him or berkamp has not aged to well.
    Looks kinda fat because he pulled an Ajax jersey over his tracksuit in this photo but he's still very fit.

ReputationRep:
    Can you honestly sit there and say Wenger will stay beyond his contract if we have not won anything next season???

Undoubtedly he will be offered a contract because there is no manager in the world who would put up the amount of crap he has to from the fans and the lack of support from the board. I seriously question whether he can be be bothered to keep doing this rebuilding thing. He will never be remembered as one of greats unless he wins a champions league atleast once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What's he ever accomplished in football? People only say that because he manages the same tinpot Japanese club that Wenger did, but AW had already done the business in France at that stage. We'd be a laughing stock if we went for him.

De Boer/Bergkamp for me. Bergkamp cant fly so he would need a co-manager for sure and they've done a fantastic job at Ajax.But Wenger wont be leaving for years so things will look different then...
    (Original post by Wenger)
    I’d love Piksi [Stojkovic's nickname] to be my successor There are a hundred reasons for that. His football philosophy is almost identical to mine. Our ideas are the same and we both strive for perfect football.

I knew he was going to have his teams playing attacking football with many passes. He has done that, showing he will be a great coach. I told him that if he could transmit his football imagination to his players he would fly high.

Dragan comes to London at least once a year. We meet up, chat and try to outsmart each other. It’s a great achievement for him to have won a championship. I was a coach in Japan for two years and didn’t manage it even though I had Piksi, who was the best player in the league, in my team.
    I wouldn't mind Jurgen Klopp or Joachim Loew

ReputationRep:
    Wow TalkSport have really outdone themselves.......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Why would we? The whole aim of our club and Wenger for the last 15 years was to become a bigger club through sustainable development of the structures around us. Mourinho doesn't offer anything to a club that is running that type of model. No doubt that was one of the reasons why Moyes was ahead of Mourinho when picking Fergie's successor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Why would we? The whole aim of our club and Wenger for the last 15 years was to become a bigger club through sustainable development of the structures around us. Mourinho doesn't offer anything to a club that is running that type of model. No doubt that was one of the reasons why Moyes was ahead of Mourinho when picking Fergie's successor.
    Because although Arsenal and United have similar models of running the club, United's method is already bringing success while Arsenal's isn't. They need to start winning things and Mourinho would bring that.

ReputationRep:
    Because although Arsenal and United have similar models of running the club, United's method is already bringing success while Arsenal's isn't. They need to start winning things and Mourinho would bring that.
    I would never accept mourinho

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.