Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Not if us Lib Dems have anything to say about it!!!!
    I might use you guys as a prop to get the PM job. Of course then I'll get you to release all the governments bad news. Tbh I doubt the lib dems will do very well in this election due to links with the RL party. I'm not so sure that Labour will do as well as some have predicted due to Ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I might use you guys as a prop to get the PM job. Of course then I'll get you to release all the governments bad news.

Dirty tricks eh? Typical shabby Labour party tactics!

Tbh I doubt the lib dems will do very well in this election due to links with the RL party. I'm not so sure that Labour will do as well as some have predicted due to Ed.
    Yeah you could be right there. We'll just have to have a good manifesto. Maybe we could tax the rich more to build a deathstar. :holmes:

Aren't you going to run as an independent anymore?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    [COLOR="Black"]Dirty tricks eh? Typical shabby Labour party tactics![/COLOR]

Yeah you could be right there. We'll just have to have a good manifesto. Maybe we could tax the rich more to build a deathstar. :holmes:

Aren't you going to run as an independent anymore?
    Please, the lib dems are begging to be used like a whore for a little bit of government power

Nah, I haven't been a party leader since I was leader of the lib dems about 3-4 years ago. I think it's as much of a new challenge as running as an indi, so I've put off that plan for now.

ReputationRep:
    Please, the lib dems are begging to be used like a whore for a little bit of government power
    Whores get paid, so you'd have to give us some monies! :fuhrer:

Nah, I haven't been a party leader since I was leader of the lib dems about 3-4 years ago. I think it's as much of a new challenge as running as an indi, so I've put off that plan for now.
    Fair enough. I'm toying with the idea for the next election. But it really depends what I do next year in real life...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Whores get paid, so you'd have to give us some monies! :fuhrer:

Fair enough. I'm toying with the idea for the next election. But it really depends what I do next year in real life...
    You'll get paid in government positions us real parties don't want :p:

oh? What are your RL plans?

ReputationRep:
    You'll get paid in government positions us real parties don't want :p:

oh? What are your RL plans?
    You'll have to pay us extra if you want to use us as a human (blame) shield.

If you want to know the going rates I'll get my people to call your people.

I'm not sure, I'd like to go away for a bit though. Go live and work abroad. Somewhere warm.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have you resigned just as PM or as MP too?
    Anyway shame to see you step down. Enjoy the back benches. I sure am.

Not if us Lib Dems have anything to say about it!!!!
    I currently intend to remain an MP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I currently intend to remain an MP
    Good good. Did you step down because you're starting uni?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Good good. Did you step down because you're starting uni?
    Not really.

It was more a case of having been the leader of one part or another for almost my whole time in the house and just wanting to take more of a backside in general. Also, I was going to carry on for a while but I thought that, as it was likely I would step down part way through the next parliament, it was better for the party that the new leader be able to run in the election and gain their own mandate and such so I called it

DayneD89 is the new leader of the party following my resignation and currently the PM for a little while
    You pulled a Blair... in knowing you will lose the election you pass the torch to the fall guy

Congrats DayneD89

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

It was more a case of having been the leader of one part or another for almost my whole time in the house and just wanting to take more of a backside in general. Also, I was going to carry on for a while but I thought that, as it was likely I would step down part way through the next parliament, it was better for the party that the new leader be able to run in the election and gain their own mandate and such so I called it
    Dayne's backside?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Dayne's backside?
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to ask what are your foreign policy ? and also what are the main issues that the Labour party is concerned about ?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Could the Labour Party please show us what they as the current Government intend to do to counter the Activity Crisis within our once great MHOC?

Also, does the Party agree that the lack of activity is the fault of the inability of the current Government to clearly lead?

ReputationRep:
    Could the Labour party indicate their views on the sovereignty of Sealand?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Could the Labour Party please show us what they as the current Government intend to do to counter the Activity Crisis within our once great MHOC?

Also, does the Party agree that the lack of activity is the fault of the inability of the current Government to clearly lead?
    We can't do anything alone to increase activity but there are conversations going on behind the scenes to implement things that may be helpful.

No, because that is nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think I speak for the entire Labour party when I say we would nationalise it. We would definitely nationalise foreign policy.

ReputationRep:
    If there were an invasion of the Falklands would you respond with the military?

ReputationRep:
    How can you nationalise Foreign Policy?

When UK Foreign Policy is based on its values of Democracy, Human Rights, the rule of law etc. And also influence by being a member of the EU, NATO and the UN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    How can you nationalise Foreign Policy?

When UK Foreign Policy is based on its values of Democracy, Human Rights, the rule of law etc. And also influence by being a member of the EU, NATO and the UN
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.