Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxious Owl)
    I feel your pain yo.

literally the worst thing just knowing they will reject you. I have an A*AA prediction and aaab grades but I didn't think I could add a music grade as the board had been liquidated, so I didn't put it in case I wasn't allowed. Turns out it's been liquidated into another board and I could have. Kicking myself! I sent emails and called but they said they can't consider it, so I am gutted I wasted something like this! Barts was my first choice too

ReputationRep:
    Sitting here on a tariff of 460 wondering how on Earth I haven't been rejected yet. As a school leaver, I'm hoping that the General studies I'm going to sit this year has had its prediction added to my tariff score. If so, then I'd be on 600 tariff and 830 UKCAT, which would actually explain why I'm somehow clinging on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeny-tom)
    Sitting here on a tariff of 460 wondering how on Earth I haven't been rejected yet. As a school leaver, I'm hoping that the General studies I'm going to sit this year has had its prediction added to my tariff score. If so, then I'd be on 600 tariff and 830 UKCAT, which would actually explain why I'm somehow clinging on.
    yeah they count general studies so your tariff is 600 not 460! and woahhh your ukcat is pretty high! :P

Clinging on :confused:, if you can't get to interview as a school leaver with those stats, who bloody can?

ReputationRep:
      If your first theory is right, I am also sitting here with 460 UCAS points so you're not alone, clearly they saw something else in our application (i think)

ReputationRep:
      Sorry if I'm being stupid and I admit I haven't read the whole thread but is the tariff based on predicted A2 or already achieved A/S

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Just got this email from Barts

RE: Rejection before interview

I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview, we rank applicants according to their UKCAT scores. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT scores are considered for interview. The cut-off UKCAT score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 2890. For A101 we have interviewed those applicants who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3010.*

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Samodude11)

I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview, we rank applicants according to their UKCAT scores. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT scores are considered for interview. The cut-off UKCAT score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 2890. For A101 we have interviewed those applicants who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3010.*
      Ooh does that mean anyone above 3010 is getting an interview for A101?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused: Did they mention the tariff anywhere?

Thank you for this, by the way.

ReputationRep:

I find it odd they released this people are still waiting with lower scores. At least a few people Seems a bit suspect

(Original post by lemon_sherbert123)
          I find it odd they released this people are still waiting with lower scores. At least a few people Seems a bit suspect
          Well I called them yesterday and they told me they are still rejecting until February sometime, so not all of them have been given out yet.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by PG593)
          Well I called them yesterday and they told me they are still rejecting until February sometime, so not all of them have been given out yet.
          They normally won't release scores til the cycle is over. Also a lot of grads were rejected in December. Just seems very odd they have given scores before cycle is over pinch of salt

(Original post by lemon_sherbert123)
            They normally won't release scores til the cycle is over. Also a lot of grads were rejected in December. Just seems very odd they have given scores before cycle is over pinch of salt
            Well, scores or not we all will find out soon enough, interviews dates are not too far off.

ReputationRep:

Phew... saved with UKCAT of 2950

ReputationRep:

Is this grads for a100 or undergrads too?

ReputationRep:
            Got this from Barts as well

In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview on our main scheme. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT* and UCAS* tariff scores are considered for interview. The cut-off for the combined UKCAT* and UCAS tariff score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of*3520-2400*and Tariff scores of*1080-465. When combined using our algorithm, which gives each candidate a score based on their position in the rank in both domains which are equally weighted.

For example some mid-range scores this year were 600 tariff and 2900 UKCAT and 736 tariff and 2520 UKCAT.* At either end of the scoring domains were scores of 770 tariff and 3520 UKCAT and 465 tariff and 3280 UKCAT

In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview on our main scheme. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT* and UCAS* tariff scores are considered for interview. The cut-off for the combined UKCAT* and UCAS tariff score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of*3520-2400*and Tariff scores of*1080-465. When combined using our algorithm, which gives each candidate a score based on their position in the rank in both domains which are equally weighted.

For example some mid-range scores this year were 600 tariff and 2900 UKCAT and 736 tariff and 2520 UKCAT.* At either end of the scoring domains were scores of 770 tariff and 3520 UKCAT and 465 tariff and 3280 UKCAT
              Aha, knew there was tariff in there somewhere. Thanks again.

ReputationRep:

600 and 2900 is mid-range!! that's harsh

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by XingBairong)
              600 and 2900 is mid-range!! that's harsh
              Yeah! I'm worried lol my ukcat is slightly higher but my ucas is slightly lower

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by raveen789)
              Yeah! I'm worried lol my ukcat is slightly higher but my ucas is slightly lower
              that would still probably make you mid-range though?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.