Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feels weird benefiting from a gang rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    ffs, Twitter is a terrible place, why did @DeanLDN22 have to say Pogba?! Now everyone is losing their minds!!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, go to bed people!
    i love how optimistic you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    ffs, Twitter is a terrible place, why did @DeanLDN22 have to say Pogba?! Now everyone is losing their minds!!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, go to bed people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    dog eat dog I'm afraid. no one thought twice about poaching our players year in year out
    We were pretty cut up losing Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy in one window. Imagine if we'd also lost Sagna and van Persie at the same time.

This analogy currently relies on one of Fabregas/Nasri being Lovren, the rest are position for position, but I'm sure they'll lose enough players that the whole thing works out. They could also be losing Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, so add in Vermaelen/Koscielny and Wilshere/Song to that list.

It's not dog eat dog, it's a pack of dogs dragging someone down in the street and viciously ripping them to shreds in front of their family.

(That said, Chambers seems a good signing, and I'm sure I'll still be buying tickets.)

ReputationRep:
    Bbc reporting chambers for £16mil

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez, Debuchy, Ospina, Chambers, Schneiderlin.

That's an 8/10 window for me at least, far more than I was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    Chambers would be a great signing IMO, I feel sorry for Soton atm though, they are going to be losing so much of their team. I think Chambers has a lot of potential, is versatile enough to play in a few positions and young, £16 million seems a fair fee too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Hopefully that figure is taken post-adjustment taking into account performance bonuses etc.

ReputationRep:
    RIP Jenkinson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    RIP The General
    Fixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    We were pretty cut up losing Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy in one window. Imagine if we'd also lost Sagna and van Persie at the same time.

This analogy currently relies on one of Fabregas/Nasri being Lovren, the rest are position for position, but I'm sure they'll lose enough players that the whole thing works out. They could also be losing Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, so add in Vermaelen/Koscielny and Wilshere/Song to that list.

It's not dog eat dog, it's a pack of dogs dragging someone down in the street and viciously ripping them to shreds in front of their family.

(That said, Chambers seems a good signing, and I'm sure I'll still be buying tickets.)
    Southampton are a very rich club and aren't in financial difficulty so they don't need to sell. Its not like we're forcing there hand. The owners, for some reason, obviously think it wont hinder their progress too much. I would expect Koeman to re-invest the funds on players that will fit his system.

Its worth noting that Chambers isn't even first choice RB at Soton. Clyne has that position locked down, and the next RB from their academy, McCarthy, who will most likely be promoted into the first team, looks very promising from what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton are a very rich club and aren't in financial difficulty so they don't need to sell. Its not like we're forcing there hand. The owners, for some reason, obviously think it wont hinder their progress too much. I would expect Koeman to re-invest the funds on players that will fit his system.

Its worth noting that Chambers isn't even first choice RB at Soton. Clyne has that position locked down, and the next RB from their academy, McCarthy, who will most likely be promoted into the first team, looks very promising from what I've read.
    It's not as if the players are pledging their allegiance to Southampton.....

Money talks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    It's not as if the players are pledging their allegiance to Southampton.....

Money talks.
    The only player that really forced a move was Lovren.

...and on the other hand they have completely mugged off Liverpool and United for Shaw and Lallana, getting way more than they deserved for those two, and they are also about to sell us their second choice RB for £10-15M. Why is everyone shedding a tear when they have the means to reinvest in better players?

Its almost as if people are claiming that the likes of Shaw, Lallana and Lambert are irreplaceable which is bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** is Dicky Law seriously? The guy is like some omniscent transfer dealing animal! It's most likely under £15m imo.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 10s
    Chambers close to completion, fee above £10m, terms not finalised. Seen as versatile option RB, CB & more advanced if needed #afc #saintsfc

ReputationRep:
    which is sort of unusual because Chambers is heavily rated over Clyne by many fans. He might be the second choice RB but the RB that wenger chose to buy for arsenal was him -- Chambers

they do have some other promising youngsters elsewhere though. I agree with your last sentence. They're easily replaceable

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Arsenal need to make it more apparent between, Chelsea, planet of the apes?

Oh so one one of those things. Chelsea fans are quite interesting though, unique specimen

ReputationRep:
    The elephant in the room is the fella who started the suggesting revolution crap, Well my grandad put a bullet between his head, left a shallow grave and then he went back to bed. Pointless people.

ReputationRep:
    Did BconButty say Diaby was overrated because of his Liverpool performance?

Will say that I've seen Diaby live roughly 30 times and I'm very sceptical at the best of times but Abou Diaby is top top class though.

For most people recently it's the Liverpool game that sticks in peoples head. As if Diaby did nothing before that? Abou Diaby at his best is every bit as good as Vieira.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t()m)
    Is it just me who thinks £16m for Southampton's reserve right back is a bit extreme? Yes he could go on to be a great player but he's played about 20 first team games! £70m for Lallana, Shaw and Chambers, the premium for English talent these days is a complete joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Is it just me who thinks £16m for Southampton's reserve right back is a bit extreme? Yes he could go on to be a great player but he's played about 20 first team games! £70m for Lallana, Shaw and Chambers, the premium for English talent these days is a complete joke.
    [Inserts all Utd fans justifications for overpaying for Shaw]

I'm not going to pretend like I've seen Chambers at all but AW obviously rates him. I'm hearing he was a better prospect than Shaw and he has the potential to be Arsenal RB for the next 10 years plus he can act as 4th CB.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.