Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmurdoch97)
    Thanks for your kind words my friend!

I just feel I could have done a whole lot better than what I done, but I can't do anything about it now.

I'm just gonna go to college, do a HNC then go to University.

Hopefully, It'll work out better for me.
    I really hope it does man, be strong and stay positive, and you'll do absolutely fine!

ReputationRep:
    I was getting 5th year higher results and only got ABBDD I'm absolutely gutted. If I take more highers and two advanced highers in sixth year is there any way I can still go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkP.)
    Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!
    WELL DONE!

(Original post by Gemma3011)
    Glad im not the only one...
    They'll be here soon, don't worry! :hugs:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Congratulations mate! Well done!

Well done for staying up this long to help everyone.
    (Original post by kmurdoch97)
    Thanks for your kind words my friend!

I just feel I could have done a whole lot better than what I done, but I can't do anything about it now.

I'm just gonna go to college, do a HNC then go to University.

Hopefully, It'll work out better for me.
    Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure everything will turn out okay. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Still waiting for my results :dontknow:
    Hang on in there :hugs:
    Me and Mobbsy are here if you need someone to keep you company

(Original post by MarkP.)
    Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!
    Woooo, well done! :congrats::party:

What are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Hang on in there :hugs:
    Me and Mobbsy are here if you need someone to keep you company

Woooo, well done! :congrats::party:

What are you going to study?
    Scots Law :P
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelStickle)
    I was getting 5th year higher results and only got ABBDD I'm absolutely gutted. If I take more highers and two advanced highers in sixth year is there any way I can still go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends on what course and the offer that the university have given you. If they offer a one year sitting, then you would have to reapply next year for another one year sitting, and do all the subjects that year and get the grades. If its a 2 year sitting, you can resit or do other subjects and they will count towards your university offer and so if you finished getting the grades next year, you'd be accepted!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If there's a will, there's a way.

In other words, yes. You can still go to uni if you take more this year.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    If there's a will, there's a way.

In other words, yes. You can still go to uni if you take more this year.
    And well done to you for staying up, but SLEEP NOW!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And well done to you for staying up, but SLEEP NOW!
    You sleep now. xD

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's nothing to be gutted about, they're good results! For your first year of highers I think you did pretty well. For my first year I got AABD so really not that different, then just met my conditions today to study law, it's not the end of the world!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Still waiting for my results :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm still here if you want to chat, and so are Neuth and Mobbsy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I'm still here if you want to chat, and so are Neuth and Mobbsy.
    We're ninjas who don't sleep :ninja:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Sleep? What's that!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)

Sleep? What's that!

Yeah, no one has any idea what sleep is.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what course and the offer that the university have given you. If they offer a one year sitting, then you would have to reapply next year for another one year sitting, and do all the subjects that year and get the grades. If its a 2 year sitting, you can resit or do other subjects and they will count towards your university offer and so if you finished getting the grades next year, you'd be accepted!
    okay, I don't really have my heart set on a specific course yet, I'm not even 100% sure I want to go to university! I just wanted to know if it was possible, thanks for your help ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    okay, I don't really have my heart set on a specific course yet, I'm not even 100% sure I want to go to university! I just wanted to know if it was possible, thanks for your help ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem - in short, yes it is possible still. Check out the university courses to start to get an idea if you wanted though!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone! So many great results - be proud! If you haven't done as well as you hoped it isn't the end of the world, so don't panic!

I sat 5 highers and got AAAAB, completely shocked!! Especially since I managed to get an A for English and History! I expected to get AABBC at best, so I'm absolutely ecstatic!

I hope everyone else achieves the results they deserve, good luck for anyone still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Sleep? What's that!
    If I knew what it was I'd be sleeping...
    Oh, wait.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcticcmonkeys)
    Well done everyone! So many great results - be proud! If you haven't done as well as you hoped it isn't the end of the world, so don't panic!

I sat 5 highers and got AAAAB, completely shocked!! Especially since I managed to get an A for English and History! I expected to get AABBC at best, so I'm absolutely ecstatic!

I hope everyone else achieves the results they deserve, good luck for anyone still waiting!
    Well done!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.