Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    Wow, nice grades! Good luck with the Cambridge interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! How's your application gone so far? Any offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Thanks! How's your application gone so far? Any offers?
    Yeah I've got 3 so far. Southampton Exeter and a scholarship from Queen Mary's. Just waiting on UCL and LSE now :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    Yeah I've got 3 so far. Southampton Exeter and a scholarship from Queen Mary's. Just waiting on UCL and LSE now :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooh well LSE is notorious for taking its time with applications, well done on your other offers and the qmul scholarship that's impressive

ReputationRep:
    Oooh well LSE is notorious for taking its time with applications, well done on your other offers and the qmul scholarship that's impressive
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got a Warwick offer Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge
    Well done I think we all realised you were a big fan of Warwick looooool. When did you send off your application if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Warwick so thrilled!!! But they gave me an offer on overseas fee basis even through I applied as a Home fee payer taking student loan. What *****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got a Warwick offer Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge
    Congrats on Warwick, especially this early! Certainly a nice cushion to fall back on

How's the interview prep going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Well done I think we all realised you were a big fan of Warwick looooool. When did you send off your application if you dont mind me asking?
    Hahahahahah was it that obvious I applied on the third of October
    (Original post by punjabiweirdo)
    Just got an offer from Warwick so thrilled!!! But they gave me an offer on overseas fee basis even through I applied as a Home fee payer taking student loan. What *****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

woop woop warwick woo, if I was you I'd email them tomorrow, it was probably just an admin error on their part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Congrats on Warwick, especially this early! Certainly a nice cushion to fall back on

How's the interview prep going?
    Thanks yes definitely! I thought I was going to have to wait until January to hear back from any of my top three so I'm so happy

Well, I've been quizzed on my personal statement by my head of sixth form so I know which bits I need to go over and consolidate, and I've been keeping up with my extra reading, ngl reading the economist feels like a full time job, it's just so dense aha
    I've got a couple of practice interviews before my actual one, but I think I'm probably most worried about the maths questions that are going to come up, not too sure how to prepare for them really as I'm assuming it'll be something I've never done before

Hows your prep going? Which college did you apply to again? Also any other offers yet? (sorry to bombard you with questions )

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahah was it that obvious I applied on the third of October

woop woop warwick woo, if I was you I'd email them tomorrow, it was probably just an admin error on their part
    Yeah hopefully. Its quite weird though because I have indefinate leave to remain in the UK and they emailed me to confirm this after they sent me the offer? So strange. They obviously assessed me as an overseas candidate and completely overlooked the fact that I live in the UK and am employed here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks yes definitely! I thought I was going to have to wait until January to hear back from any of my top three so I'm so happy

Well, I've been quizzed on my personal statement by my head of sixth form so I know which bits I need to go over and consolidate, and I've been keeping up with my extra reading, ngl reading the economist feels like a full time job, it's just so dense aha
    I've got a couple of practice interviews before my actual one, but I think I'm probably most worried about the maths questions that are going to come up, not too sure how to prepare for them really as I'm assuming it'll be something I've never done before

Hows your prep going? Which college did you apply to again? Also any other offers yet? (sorry to bombard you with questions )
    Warwick didn't get back to me with an offer until February last year so you're doing pretty well .

I did similar to you in terms of prep, as well as re-reading some books on my PS. As for the maths as long as you're comfortable with all the Core Maths and Stats you've done so far it should be fine. So you probably take a quick flick through C1-C4 S1 S2 and brush up on any weak areas. They won't ask any STEP-like questions, as a few posters above suggested, since it's an Econ interview not a Maths one. The maths questions would mainly be A level topics applied to Econ concepts.

Oh no I'm not an applicant this year, I applied for 2014 entry but just freelancing/helping out while procrastinating on my politics essay :P. I applied to Pembroke (which is where I'm at now). I don't mind the question bombardment

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats man, could you say when you sent your application off? I've applied to Warwick too so I want to have an idea of the timescale they're working with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one man! May i ask what ur stats were??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Nice one man! May i ask what ur stats were??
    GCSE'S: 8A* 2A
    AS: AA in economics and geography (took maths A2 a year early but retaking C3 and C4 this year)
    Predicted grades : A*A*A* with B in further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Warwick didn't get back to me with an offer until February last year so you're doing pretty well .

I did similar to you in terms of prep, as well as re-reading some books on my PS. As for the maths as long as you're comfortable with all the Core Maths and Stats you've done so far it should be fine. So you probably take a quick flick through C1-C4 S1 S2 and brush up on any weak areas. They won't ask any STEP-like questions, as a few posters above suggested, since it's an Econ interview not a Maths one. The maths questions would mainly be A level topics applied to Econ concepts.

Oh no I'm not an applicant this year, I applied for 2014 entry but just freelancing/helping out while procrastinating on my politics essay :P. I applied to Pembroke (which is where I'm at now). I don't mind the question bombardment
    Haha thanks, I should have realised you were probably an applicant last year from your user name I'm going to try and do a few c3 and c4 pastpapers this weekend so I'll be able to see of there's any topics to sharpen up on

When does term end for you? I'm pretty sure my interviews before the end of term so I may see you wandering around aha, how have you found it so far this year? Has it been really hard immediately or have you been broken in a bit more gently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Congrats man, could you say when you sent your application off? I've applied to Warwick too so I want to have an idea of the timescale they're working with

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sent mine off on the 3rd of October, trust me this offer was a long wait! Don't worry I'm sure you'll get one soon😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE'S: 8A* 2A
    AS: AA in economics and geography (took maths A2 a year early but retaking C3 and C4 this year)
    Predicted grades : A*A*A* with B in further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh good to know, we have similar stats (although i did apply after you!!) Hopefully mines on its way

ReputationRep:
    Just got LSE! A*AAE Offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alistair12)
    Just got LSE! A*AAE Offer
    A* in maths? And congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    A* in maths? And congrats!!!
    Aaha thanks! Yeha A* maths and pass in FM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.