Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to a MINUS million and be the first forum to do it! Watch

ReputationRep:

(Original post by spotify95)

Oh no

Is that a dishwasher, or if not how did the washing machine break a dish? :confused:
    It broke a dish in the cupboard next to it. The bodger also did the kitchen and my dad put things in the cupboard, not stacked very well, mainly big things on top and small on the bottom. :s

Also, palindrome.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)

It broke a dish in the cupboard next to it. The bodger also did the kitchen and my dad put things in the cupboard, not stacked very well, mainly big things on top and small on the bottom. :s

Also, palindrome.

Not very good idea, that. Usually, smaller items should be on the top and larger ones in the bottom. Like a pyramid.

Oh dear, that bodger really is/was a bodger!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by spotify95)

Not very good idea, that. Usually, smaller items should be on the top and larger ones in the bottom. Like a pyramid.

Oh dear, that bodger really is/was a bodger!!! :eek:
    I know, my dad isn't very good at organisation.

I know, though it is fun discovering things, such as the extension being a few inches lower than the rest of the house so you have a step between it and the original house. :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)

I know, my dad isn't very good at organisation.

I know, though it is fun discovering things, such as the extension being a few inches lower than the rest of the house so you have a step between it and the original house. :eek:
    Oh my lord! :eek::eek2::eek3::eek4::toofunny:

He/she/it really was a bodger, and a bad one at that!

1666 :cool:

Got the 6's

ReputationRep:

I know, he really was. But we will end up with a normal house at some point.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

That's good. At least you can say that the house if different, and unique.

We need to upgrade the lighting in the attic - those twisty looking bulbs really don't give off much light do they? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Plus, we'd be able to count from -1672 to -1,000,000 faster than the time taken for a nasty twisty lightbulb to reach full brightness.

ReputationRep:

I know we can, and it is a nice house which is good.

I know they don't have one in my room, though if you leave them on they do give a decent amount. :rolleyes:

I disagree (see above)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

The only time the twisty bulbs are any good is if you leave them on for ages, and don't have a dimmer

1)They take far too long to turn on
    2) Most of them are not dimmer compatible
    3) Turning them on/off dramatically shorten their lifespan
    4) Equivalent wattages stated on the box aren't really true - especially for the older styled twisty bulbs. For an example, a 11 or 12W twisty does NOT equal a 60W standard bulb (you're closer to a 40W bulb)
    5) These (twisty) bulbs contain mercury!!! If the glass is broken, the mercury is able to escape into the room.... not good!

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

This is the guide for if one of the twisty bulbs (technical name = Compact Fluorescent or CFL) was to break:
    http://www2.epa.gov/cfl/cleaning-broken-cfl

You also have to take them to the recycling centre to dispose of them at the end of life - they can't be thrown out as you'll then end up putting the mercury into landfill!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I think it a newer one, but I didn't know about the mercury. I think I might try and pinch one of the nice lights we have and put it up.

May have to turn the electrics off first though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.