Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quintessentially)
    I'm so stunned by everybody's dedication right now.

I've started making me revision Flashcards and things, but I doubt I'm actually going to use them for quite a while! 0_0
    SAME! I've just started making a couple of notes. I've enjoyed it actually :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    Socially awkward is my middle name

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have a middle name.... But if i had one, that would be it. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    I don't have a middle name.... But if i had one, that would be it. :nutcase:
    XD My social skills and communication skills suck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had an ISA and the first half of an English controlled assessment today plus I think I'm starting a biology ISA just as soon as I finish this one. I'm not too keen on coursework and controlled assessments at the moment, I'm starting to think I actually prefer exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh man with u tgere . the coursework has been driving me nuts 🌰. But don't worry you'll be fine. Though I'm starting to get the feeling of rather having exams😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hecate99)
    Yh man with u tgere . the coursework has been driving me nuts . But don't worry you'll be fine. Though I'm starting to get the feeling of rather having exams
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    Had an ISA and the first half of an English controlled assessment today plus I think I'm starting a biology ISA just as soon as I finish this one. I'm not too keen on coursework and controlled assessments at the moment, I'm starting to think I actually prefer exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I prefer exams too; Coursework & Controlled assessments are marked much more strangely I find

ReputationRep:
    Today in music we were learning about Caribbean music, and we were listening to some reggae. My boyfriend told me this joke, which has altered my perception of reggae and will no doubt trigger sniggers in the exam should it come up:

How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?
    With jam in'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Today in music we were learning about Caribbean music, and we were listening to some reggae. My boyfriend told me this joke, which has altered my perception of reggae and will no doubt trigger sniggers in the exam should it come up:

With jam in'.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    I know right, I don't even know why it was so funny at the time. I think it's because I now cannot listen to the song without thinking that Bob Marley likes jammy doughnuts.... *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    I know right, I don't even know why it was so funny at the time. I think it's because I now cannot listen to the song without thinking that Bob Marley likes jammy doughnuts.... *sigh*
    Haha. Your boyfriend sounds creepily like one of my friends... Cheesy jokes that make you laugh because they are so cliché and they themselves find it hilarious... No offence or anything

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing work experience? If so where ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Your boyfriend sounds creepily like one of my friends... Cheesy jokes that make you laugh because they are so cliché and they themselves find it hilarious... No offence or anything
    Haha, none taken :-) He has an adorably hopeless sense of humour, but then again my sense of humour makes me laugh at anything vaguely funny.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, none taken :-) He has an adorably hopeless sense of humour, but then again my sense of humour makes me laugh at anything vaguely funny.
    Aww.
    And same - i'm cynical and all, but sometimes... it goes down the drain and i laugh at anything once i've started.

ReputationRep:
    So how's everyone's week been so far?

Lots of tests? Homework? Or not (lucky you...)?

ReputationRep:
    So how's everyone's week been so far?

Lots of tests? Homework? Or not (lucky you...)?
    Thinking about it, I've had quite a lot of tests, but I've got so used to them now that I take very little notice and only revise a bit. It's the big stuff I'm concerned with.

Sorry I'm replying to you so much lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    Art is really fun, at the moment we are researching different artists. I've chosen urban art and landscape, so I have been researching famous graffiti artists, architects etc

How have you found the past-papers?
    I can't do art to save my life, but it sounds fun

I've found them quite difficult, I think it depends what the questions are. I'm better at some questions than I am at others.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, I've had quite a lot of tests, but I've got so used to them now that I take very little notice and only revise a bit. It's the big stuff I'm concerned with.

Sorry I'm replying to you so much lol
    Haha, nah it's fine.

And I guess i'm ok-ish in term of tests - in a brief respite zone... won't last for long though.
    My school is putting a lot of emphasis on A-Level choices atm so I feel it's almost as if I've finished my GCSEs...Which is worrying as I haven't

ReputationRep:
    Haha, nah it's fine.

And I guess i'm ok-ish in term of tests - in a brief respite zone... won't last for long though.
    My school is putting a lot of emphasis on A-Level choices atm so I feel it's almost as if I've finished my GCSEs...Which is worrying as I haven't
    Ah, we don't have to choose them until after Christmas. Fortunate really because I have no idea what I'm going to take... There's so many I want to do!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, we don't have to choose them until after Christmas. Fortunate really because I have no idea what I'm going to take... There's so many I want to do!
    Well, we don't have to choose them yet as such but still, the emphasis on them is just so much that GCSEs just seem utterly out of the picture. :rolleyes:
    Practically decided on my options but GAAAAH, don't know whether I really want to abandon humanities and such for sciences altogether. Thinking of doing English as my antidote to all the science stuff I also want to do.
    So annoying how some syllabuses are changing for our year. Why....
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper

With jam in'.
    Haha, that's actually pretty good

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.