Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anything from the IGYB papers going to come up?

ReputationRep:
    I cant do domain and range for the life of me!

Ive been practising since like april for C3 and still cant do it.. sometimes I do get it right but it just seems impossible for the 1/2 marks available for it .

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean if a function f(x) is increasing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentwiz)
    haha are you ready for tomo?
    Not really coz im so scared I'll make silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EspDe97)
    Does anyone know if they can ask us to solve a log function with a base?
    Theoretically, sure, but I highly doubt it. It'd be easy, in any case.

(Original post by Gilo98)
    :rofl: I would love another June 2013 paper though - 64/75 for 100UMS!! It wasn't that bad!!
    I got 98 UMS when I first took it but I still would absolutely hate to get a paper that hard. It wasn't even that the content was awfully difficult but the context of questions, things being used from C1/C2 or GCSE...it would freak me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Omg what pen do you use? It looks nice - sorry but I'm a huge stationery geek
    Lol its a pilot pen (Hi- tecpoint V7 Grip)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    I would review content. You've done a lot of papers already and if you're consistently losing marks it suggests that you are not 100% comfortable with some parts if the course so maybe have a look at those areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

brilliant ****** response. 10/10.

i'm not even being sarcastic. you've mapped out the activities for the night (and might help me get a good grade tomorrow); thank you very much aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)

I got 98 UMS when I first took it but I still would absolutely hate to get a paper that hard. It wasn't even that the content was awfully difficult but the context of questions, things being used from C1/C2 or GCSE...it would freak me out
    I imagine it could throw me at the time but if I managed to power through it/treat like a mock, I think i'd be fine. That's true, although fortunetly for us, the fact that we've seen/done June2013 before tomorrow narrows the list of left field Qs they could give us.

ReputationRep:
    New it was wide nib, thank you
    (Original post by Myuna)
    Lol its a pilot pen (Hi- tecpoint V7 Grip)

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically, sure, but I highly doubt it. It'd be easy, in any case.

Ok thank you I don't think I've seen it in any of the past papers, I'm pretty sure I haven't used logs with bases since the C2 exam last year! I'd actually forgotten about them until just now haha

I think I better re-do that June 13 paper...!

ReputationRep:
    How much for 90 ums on c3 june 2013 withdrawn?

ReputationRep:
    I'd look over the past papers you've done and redo any questions that you had trouble with. And redo June 2013, you'll want to have that fresh in your mind in case they decide to pull some similar tricks this year.

i'll get right on with june 2013 then aha. but, that 'reviewing of all the papers' might take some time still; regardless, i'll see what i can do. thanks for the insight

thanks for the feedback btw, considering it's such a large thread, i didn't think i'd get any responses; let alone the quantity and quality of the ones i've received. i appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if its specifically forbidden to take a mirror into the c3 exam?

ReputationRep:
    how would you use part a) to do b
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    If I work out two different methods and leave them both. Do I get the marks for the right one and non taken off for my incorrect answer if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankiejayx)
    What does it mean if a function f(x) is increasing??
    If you're asked to prove that the function's increasing constantly you need to show that f ' (x) is always greater than 0, usually the function involved is to an even power so it must be positive.

ReputationRep:
    Which paper is this from? I am currently working through it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    i'll get right on with june 2013 then aha. but, that 'reviewing of all the papers' might take some time still; regardless, i'll see what i can do. thanks for the insight

thanks for the feedback btw, considering it's such a large thread, i didn't think i'd get any responses; let alone the quantity and quality of the ones i've received. i appreciate it
    I'd honestly just skim them, flick over the questions and if you see any that jump out at you as 'if I got that in the real exam I wouldn't know what to do' then do them. I did that at the weekend and it took me about an hour.

It's alright! Good luck revising and it sounds like you've done a lot of work already so don't keep yourself up late

ReputationRep:
    cosAcosB + sinAsinB + ( cosAcosB -sinAsinB )
    = 2CosAcosB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minnie_1504)
    Guys I heard from someone that the person who wrote the 2013 papers is writing our papers again this year has anybody else heard about this or know if its true?? I hope its not true :'(

The papers are always written by a team of people and don't worry edexcel definately do NOT WANT another 2013 fiasco that was just terrible press

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.