Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    Actually there are infinitely many (real) solutions of the form exp(-pi/2 +2kpi)
    ah yes. this is true. off topi but do you do well on step 3 complex numbers problems? i cant seem to get my head around them. i tend to stick to differential equations and mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    What will they be 'tweeting'? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just about life in general. About their work, anything they do socially - anything and everything really. They'll also be taking questions, with some dedicated Q&A hours on occasion.

(Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    (If I get in) I'll definitely be following this! I've never met or heard from a Cambridge Philosophy student.
    It should be good! In the bio it should tell you what year and college the student is at too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Just about life in general. About their work, anything they do socially - anything and everything really. They'll also be taking questions, with some dedicated Q&A hours on occasion.

It should be good! In the bio it should tell you what year and college the student is at too.
    Awesome! Well, thanks to whoever is organizing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edac)
    yesyes I know but stop getting caught up in all the maths and just think about what you're doing! I see too many mathematicians acting like robots and not appreciating what it means
    yh i still feel like you do every time i think about mathematics. eulers relation between 0 1 pi e and i. was the most beautiful piece of maths i seen. i was a baffled yr 12 kid and i sat there in awe as my teacher proved the infinite expansions then relates it to i then proved de moivres theorem then stu k pi in to get the relation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessb_3125)
    Omg yes!!! I assume you're a maths applicant? I am (for Pembroke!)! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Physical natsci for King's. I like physics more than maths because it gives a meaning to the numbers. But maths is such a useful tool and so cool to use when messing with people's heads! Best of luck to you too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This thread needs a new title...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It is because only pooled people might have heard so far
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jneill)
    Cambridge Decisions 2015 - Doomsday?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by willjeffcott)
    It is because only pooled people might have heard so far
    No the "one more week to go" bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've read several people know saying that they were rejected because they didn't seem confident in their interviews, which has **** me up really because one of mine I acted excessively nervously, though the other one wasn't so bad.

Good god this is absolutely torturous. They shouldn't put us through this the evil little *******s. I don't even want to go anyway, I quit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Feels like most people re interviewed have incredible ums which makes me worried about the standard of the people in the pool who will be getting straight offers!! Surely this must be very high?! Eg. 95+ums average w/ 7+ interview score?
    But surely that's what's expected ... Those candidates that are re-interviewed tend to be ones that look great On paper but then perform much worse than expected at interview. (For various reasons)

There used to be a lot of documents online in regards to the winterpool but now you need to use CamSis log-in to access them. If I remember the just correctly ... Based on a candidates academic and interview results (and extenuating circumstances) interviewers are asked to place a candidate in 1 of a few categories. (Definite offer/rejection, re-interiew required for reasons above,and others I cannot remember )

I also remember there being documents from the university to the colleges outlining the 'protocol' for the pool. Basically say if two colleges express and interest in you (at the correct time period) college A willing to make direct offer and college B requiring a re-interview ... College A would take precedence (obviously a lot more details in documents ... Like if two colleges express interest to make an offer and no agreement can be made they have to flip a coin lol .. Think maybe summer pool though)

so if you are invited for re-interview, you chances are you won't be contacted with a direct offer ... Then again anything can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leopardman)
    Yeah I did for medicine, you?
    I applied for Chemeng via Natsci

do you know if we're getting emails or if we have to request one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I've read several people know saying that they were rejected because they didn't seem confident in their interviews, which has **** me up really because one of mine I acted excessively nervously, though the other one wasn't so bad.

Good god this is absolutely torturous. They shouldn't put us through this the evil little *******s. I don't even want to go anyway, I quit!
    I ran 700m to my second interview so when I got there I was puffing quite a bit (my first interview ran late) I'm pretty sure the interviewers thought I was having a massive panic attack because of it so I really really hope that's not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemPrince)
    I have no idea!! :'(
    I emailed them but no reply..
    Here in my country its takes way way more than that!
    WHY THEY DOIN THIS???
    I somehow hope for a miracle that they just email the reply tomo!!!
    ( idk .. I'm tempted to give them a call today..

ReputationRep:
    Probably pretty safe to assume I'm not being reinterviewed at this point.

1.5 days until decisions
    Mood: we shall not speak of it
    Plans: Eat many chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyperthy)
    But surely that's what's expected ... Those candidates that are re-interviewed tend to be ones that look great On paper but then perform much worse than expected at interview. (For various reasons)

There used to be a lot of documents online in regards to the winterpool but now you need to use CamSis log-in to access them. If I remember the just correctly ... Based on a candidates academic and interview results (and extenuating circumstances) interviewers are asked to place a candidate in 1 of a few categories. (Definite offer/rejection, re-interiew required for reasons above,and others I cannot remember )

I also remember there being documents from the university to the colleges outlining the 'protocol' for the pool. Basically say if two colleges express and interest in you (at the correct time period) college A willing to make direct offer and college B requiring a re-interview ... College A would take precedence (obviously a lot more details in documents ... Like if two colleges express interest to make an offer and no agreement can be made they have to flip a coin lol .. Think maybe summer pool though)

so if you are invited for re-interview, you chances are you won't be contacted with a direct offer ... Then again anything can happen
    Ahh cheers, this has defo helped me to understand it a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    I ran 700m to my second interview so when I got there I was puffing quite a bit (my first interview ran late) I'm pretty sure the interviewers thought I was having a massive panic attack because of it so I really really hope that's not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao! I'm sure they didn't mind that. I think it's just when nerves turn into missing questions or answering them incorrectly and stuff (which I did!).

I guess I can say now, that he asked me [details removed by moderator] I was like 'um.... uh... [details removed by moderator] ... uh ... sorry dude idk'. !

As long as nothing like that happened to you I reckon you're fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookworm77)
    Thanks. I've applied for ASNaC!
    A girl from my school is currently doing ASNaC at Queen's, first year - cool coincidence

ReputationRep:
    What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Ahh cheers, this has defo helped me to understand it a bit better
    Haha sorry about the essay ... Did a lot of research when I should have been preparing let me know if you have anymore questions ... See if I can help

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.