This discussion is closed.
Tom_Ford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
jesus.. 50% is huge.

I would have guessed at an increase, but never as high as 50% especially when overall youth unemployement fell.

Thats terrible
Happy and sad at the same time.

Happy that Tom Ford is found not to be totally crackers (well, he is a bit, he is speaking in third person), but unhappy about the figures.
Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
In three ****ing months!!!!

Is is that around 100 posts a day wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strong maths
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also yeah Acorns went In hard. Reminds me about the time he went In on jam but this one is better haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in my head, mackay's alarm goes off each morning.. he wakes up each day, walks to his computer looks at the wall behind it, and its got a big calendar on it. he glances along until he finds today.. it says 23.

He logs on to his computer, and opens up a massive excell spreadsheet. He scrolls down to 23, looks across at the column, and it says 9am, 2pm, 6pm = top6 threads.

Its nearly 9am, so he logs on to TSR, and gets ready to fill his qota for the day, and post on each of the top6 threads.. but he has no motivation for it. He is so fed up of having his life controlled by the overwhelming nature of the spreadsheet, that his heart has gone. Instead of replying to people or joining a conversation, he just about musters enough motivation to post a single line.. vaugly topical to what ever is happening at that thread at the time..

He logs off, and the spreadsheet opens itself and flashes with a message: 'Congratulations Mackay, on completing requirement 2,601. Today you survive. Tomorrows number is 62. Dont forget.

He sits back in his chair.. unshaven and unwashed in months.. he has not left the house, just barely managing to keep on top of the spreadsheets requirements. What would happen if he quite? and did not post? who knows.. maybe its a bluff? but it does not matter any more.. he is here, and this is life now, and the football forum is his prison.

He goes to bed and is haunted by the names of other posters on the forum. He wakes up suddenly, with the name 'jam, jam, jam, jam' echoing in his head.. he sits up in his bed, and thinks to himself: if only I could escape this, if only I did not need to keep posting one liners on every thread in the football forum.

From the other room he hears his computer turn itself on, and in a robotic voice he hears the spreadsheet calmy say

But I love you mackay. And they love you. You know that right? Mackay? This is your life now.. and without this your life would be gone.

He does not sleep again that night.

you went so deep
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Ford)
Happy and sad at the same time.

Happy that Tom Ford is found not to be totally crackers (well, he is a bit, he is speaking in third person), but unhappy about the figures.
I know what you mean - any progress on the job front?
Tom_Ford
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know what you mean - any progress on the job front?
Yeah, training course and guaranteed interview for EE in a few weeks, just a telephone call centre job, but it's a job so I will take that.

Have a friend who did well there from entry level (non grad) and got promoted quickly and is now earning £50k in the north east. So, I guess it is possible.
Tom_Ford
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
Also yeah Acorns went In hard. Reminds me about the time he went In on jam but this one is better haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aware me of finer details. Man would love to read.

Would love someone to write a troll thread/diss thread about me tbh. Plenty of smack talk and/or subtle ridicule. Would be sho funny! I am such an attention whore...
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Ford)
Yeah, training course and guaranteed interview for EE in a few weeks, just a telephone call centre job, but it's a job so I will take that.

Have a friend who did well there from entry level (non grad) and got promoted quickly and is now earning £50k in the north east. So, I guess it is possible.
sounds good

I really hate the stigma that gets attached to call centre jobs.. some people I know, treat them like they are the worst thing imaginable.. but in reality, they are good money, and can be better if you have incentives based on targets.. and have good progression.

A few friends from uni who had this attitude now work in cafe's/shops, and I just think.. why.. you earn less money, have much worse options for progression, and worse job security.. yet just because you have this idea of a call centre, you wont go for it.

Never liked that. a job is a job, and does not have to define your potential to do better things, but can just serve as a way of getting money for now, and potentially more money for later.
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow I've missed quite a bit it seems :lolwut: I was to busy being called a pedo.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Wow I've missed quite a bit it seems :lolwut: I was to busy being called a pedo.
why????
Tom_Ford
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
in my head, mackay's alarm goes off each morning.. he wakes up each day, walks to his computer looks at the wall behind it, and its got a big calendar on it. he glances along until he finds today.. it says 23.

He logs on to his computer, and opens up a massive excell spreadsheet. He scrolls down to 23, looks across at the column, and it says 9am, 2pm, 6pm = top6 threads.

Its nearly 9am, so he logs on to TSR, and gets ready to fill his qota for the day, and post on each of the top6 threads.. but he has no motivation for it. He is so fed up of having his life controlled by the overwhelming nature of the spreadsheet, that his heart has gone. Instead of replying to people or joining a conversation, he just about musters enough motivation to post a single line.. vaugly topical to what ever is happening at that thread at the time..

He logs off, and the spreadsheet opens itself and flashes with a message: 'Congratulations Mackay, on completing requirement 2,601. Today you survive. Tomorrows number is 62. Dont forget.

He sits back in his chair.. unshaven and unwashed in months.. he has not left the house, just barely managing to keep on top of the spreadsheets requirements. What would happen if he quit? and did not post? who knows.. maybe its a bluff? but it does not matter any more.. he is here, and this is life now, and the football forum is his prison.

He goes to bed and is haunted by the names of other posters on the forum. He wakes up suddenly, with the name 'jam, jam, jam, jam' echoing in his head.. he sits up in his bed, and thinks to himself: if only I could escape this, if only I did not need to keep posting one liners on every thread in the football forum.

From the other room he hears his computer turn itself on, and in a robotic voice he hears the spreadsheet calmy say

But I love you mackay. And they love you. You know that right? Mackay? This is your life now.. and without this your life would be gone.

This is genius :lol: .
You're trying to win quote of the year 2015 with this material.
All Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wow that's some serious shots
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

He sits back in his chair.. unshaven and unwashed in months.. he has not left the house, just barely managing to keep on top of the spreadsheets requirements. What would happen if he quit? and did not post? who knows.. maybe its a bluff? but it does not matter any more.. he is here, and this is life now, and the football forum is his prison.

Edit: took of the spoiler cos I feel bad. Oh Acorns haha.

Nahh that's enough internet for me.

No but seriously...It's all love Mackay. Let's not be mean lovelies.
Mackay's one of my fave posters
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mackay please respond

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
why????
Read the ending of the liverpool swansea thread loool.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Read the ending of the liverpool swansea thread loool.
Will take a look
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
+ mackay - that post was definetly not meant as an insult, just my imagination and boredom coming together..

Honestly man, I am sat in work everyday, I get a minute to relax a little, I log on to TSR.. and what do I see - all of my watched threads have new posts.. its great! I think if I came in one day, and did not see a mackay-bump to all the threads, tsr just would not feel right. so keep it up!
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Fallen Acorns psychoanalysis profile of me was great.

Probably should have been in the quote of the year.
(Original post by sr90)
Football posting data for 2015 so far if anyone is interested. Mackay's bossing it.

Mackay 3535
jam277 1661
sr90 1460
Lyrical Prodigy 1361
Lúcio 1223
Kenan and Kel 1076
AR_95 1041
Dirtybit 888
WeOnlyLiveOnce 866
Zerforax 842
FK's dupes 757
TornadoGR4 722
Tom_Ford 718
leinad2012 619
Zürich 595
Wilfred Little 564
Wow. At least I'm not winning again. Think I've been using this less since leaving university.

(Original post by Depleted)
One liners skew stats
I double post like half my posts too so that record is something else.
All Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Fallen Acorns psychoanalysis profile of me was great.

Probably should have been in the quote of the year.

Wow. At least I'm not winning again. Think I've been using this less since leaving university.

I double post like half my posts too so that record is something else.
me and bruce on plug
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Football posting data for 2015 so far if anyone is interested. Mackay's bossing it.

Mackay 3535
jam277 1661
sr90 1460
Lyrical Prodigy 1361
Lúcio 1223
Kenan and Kel 1076
AR_95 1041
Dirtybit 888
WeOnlyLiveOnce 866
Zerforax 842
FK's dupes 757
TornadoGR4 722
Tom_Ford 718
leinad2012 619
Zürich 595
Wilfred Little 564
I literally don't understand how Mackay can have more than double the posts of anybody else on the forum in such a short time.
Hell, he has about 3x my posts and I feel like I'm spamming this forum day in day out...

To put it in perspective, that's 47 posts per day.
....how?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (83)
25.94%
No (237)
74.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise