St George's
    5.57%
    Other
    25.77%
    I dont know :')
    4.12%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emelinaw)
    Nope - everyone who's got an interview at this early stage has 9.5+.

And if you look at their website, the majority of people who get in have 8 or above. Those with 6-7 would have had extenuating circumstances or went to an extremely poor score.
    Ah ok fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    I think its people who got 9+ in the first batch, i just got an interview email 5mins ago, and my surname begins with S and my friend (who i scored above in the offer calculator) got his at 10:30 but his surname begins with B. im certain its something to do with the alphabet
    Yeah that sounds right - they would send offers in alphabetic order but in bands of scores.
    Someone said that everyone would be sent offers completely by surname, but so that even if you got a higher score, you would get an offer after someone with an A surname - that would obviously be unfair!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds right - they would send offers in alphabetic order but in bands of scores.
    Someone said that everyone would be sent offers completely by surname, but so that even if you got a higher score, you would get an offer after someone with an A surname - that would obviously be unfair!!
    Lol that was me who said that, dumb suggestion i know, but yeah i think youre right anyways. idont know whether to pick an early interview date to get it out the way in case i get one for cambridge (but this will limit my prep for bham) or a later one, bc im not guaranteed a cambridge interview whatsoever, and i may aswell make the most of what i have. help pleaseee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Lol that was me who said that, dumb suggestion i know, but yeah i think youre right anyways. idont know whether to pick an early interview date to get it out the way in case i get one for cambridge (but this will limit my prep for bham) or a later one, bc im not guaranteed a cambridge interview whatsoever, and i may aswell make the most of what i have. help pleaseee
    It's hard I know! I think I'd choose the later date to have as much time to prep as possible but I guess it depends on how likely you think you are to get an interview at Cambridge :/

ReputationRep:
    The Bham interview notification can't be based off of scores (as in anyone with more than a score of 9) for two reasons: 1) I have a score of 10 and haven't received notification, and 2) I have a friend with a score of less than 9 with an interview.
    It also can't be alphabetical as my friend has the same first letter of their first name as me and a later second name first letter than me.

So, my guess is it just batches, like a user above suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Birmingham with a score of 10 on the offer calculator and my surname starts with D but I haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LakersFan24)
    I applied to Birmingham with a score of 10 on the offer calculator and my surname starts with D but I haven't heard anything yet
    My surname begins with D and I also have a score of 10. Don't fret, it's evidently not alphabetical, it must just be done in batches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've got an interview for Bristol!
    The moment you realise they thought your PS was good enough 😭😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LakersFan24)
    Im on the interview page rn, and theres 390 spots left. you can be very sure youre one of the 390, what are the odds you wont be, knowing you got a 10

ReputationRep:
    It's hard I know! I think I'd choose the later date to have as much time to prep as possible but I guess it depends on how likely you think you are to get an interview at Cambridge :/
    Well out of 95 applicants to my college last year, 55 got interviewed for 19 places. So yeah, probs not gonna get an interview after the BMAT bc my college use it to shortlist for interview. Later date it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Well out of 95 applicants to my college last year, 55 got interviewed for 19 places. So yeah, probs not gonna get an interview after the BMAT bc my college use it to shortlist for interview. Later date it is.
    I just got my Birmingham offer too! So happy haha good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kozmo)
    My surname begins with D and I also have a score of 10. Don't fret, it's evidently not alphabetical, it must just be done in batches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Im on the interview page rn, and theres 390 spots left. you can be very sure youre one of the 390, what are the odds you wont be, knowing you got a 10
    Yeah you're both probably right. I just stress excessively haha. Congrats and best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my Birmingham offer too! So happy haha good luck with yours
    You too man, head down, adrenaline up and prepare like madddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)

CONGRATS IM SO JEL! I hope they give out dentistry interviews soon. 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    You too man, head down, adrenaline up and prepare like madddd
    How are you planning on preparing?

ReputationRep:

Omg you got Bristol??!! So jel that's my first choice I hope I hear soon 😂

ReputationRep:
    How are you planning on preparing?
    Get upto scratch on medical ethics, maybe watch a few documentaries on important cases throughout time, learn about the obesity epidemic, review the most important medical breakthroughs in the last few years, and research the diseases i saw on my work exp just in case. standard stuff. ill kickstart with the isc book tho as im sure most will
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by skittles17)
    CONGRATS IM SO JEL! I hope they give out dentistry interviews soon. 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by erinls2)
    Omg you got Bristol??!! So jel that's my first choice I hope I hear soon 😂
    Don't worry I'm sure they will!

ReputationRep:

Well done!😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Get upto scratch on medical ethics, maybe watch a few documentaries on important cases throughout time, learn about the obesity epidemic, review the most important medical breakthroughs in the last few years, and research the diseases i saw on my work exp just in case. standard stuff. ill kickstart with the isc book tho as im sure most will
    Dont forget all the stuff on your PS, teamwork, leadership, responsibility, why medicine, why that uni, why not nursing, what you do for fun/what interests you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.