Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Tell them you are speaking metaphorically then. I'm going upwards to Cambridge... academically. Bonus is that this is applicable everywhere, from Oxford to MIT
    Lol I'll stick with 'going down'
    Makes sense to me too

(Original post by EnglishMuon)
    ah ok I see. Well im lucky I live right on the south coast so everything is 'up'. e.g. A conversation between me and a friend the other day:
    "Did you go away last weekend?"
    "Yeah, we went to the north"
    "Where abouts?"
    "London"
    :lol:

On that note, I've realised that I no longer say 'Nat-Sigh', I say 'Nat-Ski'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    It's not though and they know that. They're smart
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Sure i recall this question which uses excircles in bmo2, other then that question i dnt remember questions which use either of those in the intended method. I will try find the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much STEP prep did you do before your interview cos I'm just trying to do olympiad stuff now

On that note, I've realised that I no longer say 'Nat-Sigh', I say 'Nat-Ski'
    I've really got to stop pronouncing it 'Nazi', on the off-chance I get in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    How much STEP prep did you do before your interview cos I'm just trying to do olympiad stuff now
    lol, you're worrying too much. It's just an interview, chill. I hadn't even been thinking of Cambridge this time last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    lol, you're worrying too much. It's just an interview, chill. I hadn't even been thinking of Cambridge this time last year.
    Yeh I know but its Cambridge and stuff.But srsly you're telling me you did no prep, you must've done something to get this good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Yeh I know but its Cambridge and stuff.But srsly you're telling me you did no prep, you must've done something to get this good
    Basically all u gotta do is a couple easy step questions from 1993 and pray to lord zacin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Yeah, sure... in November, not July...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sure... in November, not July...
    Did you do any olympiad stuff cos I'm struggling

ReputationRep:
    Basically all u gotta do is a couple easy step questions from 1993 and pray to lord zacin
    Do they ask any stats questions...I would be screwed if that happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Do they ask any stats questions...I would be screwed if that happens
    Not 100% sure about all colleges but id imagine its pretty similar- both my and zacken had the choice of what we liked/didnt like at King's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Did you do any olympiad stuff cos I'm struggling
    Nah, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not at all.
    Cuz ur a wasteman. G unit back me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    On my gap year i had alredi done all of II n III prep pretty much. In yr 13 i had done a fair amount of STEP I, in yr 12 holidays i was just doing C3/4 stuff. If I was you, learn C3/4 if you havent already, the only stats I got asked in yr 13 was a probability question. After C3/4 do step I etc and carry on with olympiads. You will be mire then fine if you can solve BMO1/2 questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've really got to stop pronouncing it 'Nazi', on the off-chance I get in...
    'Nazi'... How apt, coming from you

You'll get in dw

ReputationRep:
    Not 100% sure about all colleges but id imagine its pretty similar- both my and zacken had the choice of what we liked/didnt like at King's.
    Kinda scareed to apply to big colleges like trinity or kings....

'Nazi'... How apt, coming from you

You'll get in dw
    Have the bourgeoisie been spreading propaganda about me again?

(Original post by 11234)
    Depending on college, STEP prep is probably roughly as useful as Olympiad prep for interviews and tests. But don't eat up your STEP past papers too soon...

ReputationRep:
    Have the bourgeoisie been spreading propaganda about me again?

Depending on college, STEP prep is probably roughly as useful as Olympiad prep for interviews and tests. But don't eat up your STEP past papers too soon...
    Unfortunately I've looked at most step 1 and 2 questions not solved but yeh....Havent touched step3 yet though

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the putnam contest is about

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.