Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivMalseed)
    I ****ed up on mine😂😭 I should have just simply divided 35 by 5 not 3.5 by 5 cause I sat there for 10 minutes trying to work out what 3.5 divided by 5 is when I should have just divided 35 by 5 and turn to decimal😭 I felt so dumb after the exam like I just wasted 10 minutes on what must be the easiest question ever and I turned it hard by my stupidness😂😭😭😭
    Aw! Yeah I wished I didn't do decimals that way I would have got it right but oh well hopefully we'll get one mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You'll get 2 method marks for 1/4 - √6/12

and 1/4 - √6/12 = 0.045875854768068491816892993774 509050669504376611944155963
    Ahh ok thanks, that puts me on 88.

So annoyed that the most of the marks I dropped apart from that were because of stupid mistakes..

2 marks lost on the rotation (I turned clockwise)
    2 marks lost on reflection (reflected using y=-1 not x=-1)
    4 marks lost on the proportion question (no idea how I forgot the whole 'k' thing)
    1 mark on a solving quadratics question because I put it in two brackets but forgot the "so x= ? Or x=?" somehow :/

If I paid attention I'd have got 97 😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonaldW)
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be out of 200 for an A? I got roughly 63-70 on this and I'm just hoping it's around 130 rather than 139 like one of the years.
    it probs be 140 for A

ReputationRep:
    Im feeling good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'll create a foundation one here too.
    Have u got a foundation mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    What about the calculator paper?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondered when you were creating a foundation one on here?xx

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabika1979)
    49 happy but annoyed I didn't do better. I really want 'B'!
    You can do it, try make up the marks in calculator paper to secure the B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhundo)
    Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)
    Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.

ReputationRep:
    On the simaltanious equations question (with the quadratic graph) I wrote 1.5 and 4.5 would I be looking at any marks

ReputationRep:
    When will you be doing a foundation one?x

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the calculator paper will be much harder? I scored around 64-69 on this and I'm going to have to score around 72-73 on calculator to bump it up to a secure A.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the grade boundaries for higher?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    What are the grade boundaries for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.
    Good. I think that the numbers I got were around the ones in this thread but I am not sure if they are the exact same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?
    1/3, you didn't factorise and didn't get the correct answers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remind me what question 18 is about please? I'm trying to recall what answer I put.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.