Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivMalseed)
    I ****ed up on mine😂😭 I should have just simply divided 35 by 5 not 3.5 by 5 cause I sat there for 10 minutes trying to work out what 3.5 divided by 5 is when I should have just divided 35 by 5 and turn to decimal😭 I felt so dumb after the exam like I just wasted 10 minutes on what must be the easiest question ever and I turned it hard by my stupidness😂😭😭😭
    Aw! Yeah I wished I didn't do decimals that way I would have got it right but oh well hopefully we'll get one mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You'll get 2 method marks for 1/4 - √6/12

and 1/4 - √6/12 = 0.045875854768068491816892993774 509050669504376611944155963
    Ahh ok thanks, that puts me on 88.

So annoyed that the most of the marks I dropped apart from that were because of stupid mistakes..

2 marks lost on the rotation (I turned clockwise)
    2 marks lost on reflection (reflected using y=-1 not x=-1)
    4 marks lost on the proportion question (no idea how I forgot the whole 'k' thing)
    1 mark on a solving quadratics question because I put it in two brackets but forgot the "so x= ? Or x=?" somehow :/

If I paid attention I'd have got 97 😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonaldW)
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be out of 200 for an A? I got roughly 63-70 on this and I'm just hoping it's around 130 rather than 139 like one of the years.
    it probs be 140 for A

ReputationRep:
    Im feeling good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'll create a foundation one here too.
    Have u got a foundation mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    What about the calculator paper?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondered when you were creating a foundation one on here?xx

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabika1979)
    49 happy but annoyed I didn't do better. I really want 'B'!
    You can do it, try make up the marks in calculator paper to secure the B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhundo)
    Do you think they will accept a small range of answers for the quadratic graph question ? e.g x = -1.0 to -1.2 for 19 (b)
    Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.

ReputationRep:
    On the simaltanious equations question (with the quadratic graph) I wrote 1.5 and 4.5 would I be looking at any marks

ReputationRep:
    When will you be doing a foundation one?x

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the calculator paper will be much harder? I scored around 64-69 on this and I'm going to have to score around 72-73 on calculator to bump it up to a secure A.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the grade boundaries for higher?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    What are the grade boundaries for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Yes, usually their's a ±0.2 lenience.
    Good. I think that the numbers I got were around the ones in this thread but I am not sure if they are the exact same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    How many marks would I get for this http://prntscr.com/b8sewx I didnt get time to use the quadratic formula would I end up still getting 2 out of 3 marks?
    1/3, you didn't factorise and didn't get the correct answers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remind me what question 18 is about please? I'm trying to recall what answer I put.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.