• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, her shouting the other day was stupid.

It's hard to enjoy it, with her shouting down the mic.

Awful, just awful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really enjoying Catherine Tate as companion to be honest.

She's hardly shouting all the time and her comedic timing is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone just seen that Russell Davies is stepping down as exec producer for next series?

In his place is Moffat, the guy who as far as I'm concerned wrote all the best episodes. Mint!

ReputationRep:
    Moffatt is great - I'm pleased about him coming into his place!
    Although RTD did a great job getting the show back up and running, his episodes do kind of pale in comparison to some of the great Moffat ones.
    Just annoyed we have to wait til after Eurovision for Silence in The Library!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Well, Catherine Tate well and truely muller rice'd the last episode...

It's becoming unbearable. Are the BBC trying to kill it?

:teeth:
    Yeah, each episode seems to be getting a bit more far fetched, giant wasps wtf

ReputationRep:
    It's not Catherine Tate's fault how far fetched the episdoes are. Doctor Who has never exactly been totally realistic though. I think Donna's awesome

ReputationRep:
    Its excellent news regarding the Moff taking over but I don't want to wait til 2010!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Oh for goodness sake, it's Doctor Who, it's not meant to be realistic!

The more far fetched the better I say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Oh for goodness sake, it's Doctor Who, it's not meant to be realistic!

The more far fetched the better I say!
    Yeah, but even so, Giant wasps just seem a bit more kiddish, bring back the scary ones like the child from are you my mummy.

ReputationRep:
    The Lost Child was terrifying, I do admit. It's one of my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I agree, I mean, time travel is one thing, a mere impossibility. But giant insects? You can only push credibility so far.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come on, if giant insects are farfetched what does that say about the Daleks/Cybermen/Sontorans eh? Heck, Dr Who is MEANT to be farfetched! It's the whole point of the show-it's all a fantasy adventure story, not to be taken seriously!

ReputationRep:
    /headdesk

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

I had hoped linking to actual giant insects would give it away, as well as the bit about time travel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    /headdesk

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

I had hoped linking to actual giant insects would give it away, as well as the bit about time travel
    I don't think purple_girl's comment was aimed at you....

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it was't aimed at you. It was aimed at all those other people complaining about giant insects being too farfetched.

ReputationRep:
    blink was the best episode,
    going to churches/any place with stone statues is now impossible!
    absolutely brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    The Lost Child was terrifying, I do admit. It's one of my favourites.
    The Empty Child :p:

Yep, good news about Moffat stepping in... But it'll be without Tennant, I guess. Well, nothing's been announced, but it looks like he's wanting to do other stuff now. Mind you, if that means we're gonna see more of him on the stage, I don't really mind... (i need more excuses to go to London anyway :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Aw, i wonder who's going to be the 11th doctor. And wasn't the 11th doctor that guy in Trial of a Time Lord that was apparently evil?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, I really should come to this tread more!

I can't believe I've only seen 4 of this series episodes so far!
    The 1st one where Donna meets the doctor (the lumps of fat were soooooooo cute! I want one!)
    Pompeii (awesome episode)
    ATMOS part II ("Are you my Mummy?" Awesome quote, made me smile so much. Glad I wasn't the only one to pick up on it!)
    The Doctor's Daughter (mixed feelings, was good, yet something missing perhaps? Can't put my finger on it!)

Now off to watch Agatha Christie episode!

Glad that Stephen Moffett is taking over - his episodes are awesome! Seen all of his ones except "Blink" (REALLY need to see that!) and can not wait to see what he'll come up with in future!

Donna is FAR better than I expected - Can't stand Catherine Tate in her "comedy" show, but she has done very well in the show I think!
    I love the relationship with her and her grandfather. It's amazing and so believable (I feel). Can't stand her Mum's character though lol!

Sorry for the long post, not posted in a while and needed to let a few things out!

As for 12 regenerations? Something tells me it won't stop at 12!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.