UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
655 too? Wow, thats cool!
I know, people do have brillinant scores! I think i'll replace KCL with SGUL, solely based on the fact that my average will not be as high as others applying. And KCL is supposedly the most applied to uni for medicine, no point risking it!:yep:

The one's that regard the UKCAT highly simply do not take many under 600. That's what I've heard, so you are in with a great chance at 655.
Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
The one's that regard the UKCAT highly simply do not take many under 600. That's what I've heard, so you are in with a great chance at 655.
Do you mind me asking where you heard this from?
Even KCL too - they're nasty aren't they?:p:
aggar
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Just done the UKCAT, found the DA totally random. Did anyone else get the questions about monkeys?- I found that really weird?
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by aggar)
Just done the UKCAT, found the DA totally random. Did anyone else get the questions about monkeys?- I found that really weird?

hows u do?

and mine was about robots
aggar
Report 10 years ago
I did well... 695 average.

Robots? The UCKAT is soo silly... how can they compare scores when we are each given different questions?
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done everyone who has done it today, you've all got brilliant scores
One step closer to a complete application, eh?!
Danielisew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone know how the following unis weight the UKCAT?

Southampton
Leeds
Manchester

I am pretty sure Soton use it in accordance with everything else but I'm not sure if they have a ranking system - same goes for Leeds. However, Someone previously mentioned with proof that Manchester rank applicants on their UKCAT after they have got through the initial selection, and then interview the top students. I think this is a ridiculous method, but I can't help it..

Anyone know about the others/if my chances would be OK with an average of 573? (and a recorded incident report on my UKCAT profile for the computer messing up in the AR section).

Thanks

(looking to rep a good answer here..)
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm in a pickle myself, shall i do it on the 25th of 6th of october?
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kathryn128)
Hello again, just wanted to know if anyone had seen this little bit of info from the UCAS site - am now well and truly confused :confused:

Additional admissions tests

Some universities and colleges require applicants applying for certain subjects to sit additional admissions tests as part of the admissions process. An up-to-date list of tests can be found here.

You should enter details for any admissions tests you have already taken with results and any you still need to take. (Please remember that all your chosen universities and colleges will see the qualifications you enter. Only certain universities and colleges require specific admissions tests for particular courses so when you provide details for an admissions test, you may give some indication of the universities, colleges and courses you have entered in the choices section of your application. The universities and colleges will not, however, have the details of any of the other institutions or courses you have chosen.)

I was under the impression that my UKCAT results would be sent to the unis, but now it would appear that I'm supposed to put it on there? Even if I do, in the result bit, do I put my total score, or my average??? I'll probably check with my school if we're still not sure.

xoxo
(Original post by Holsy)
Oh, well that complicates matters. Have they changed everything this year?

Okay, just got the email back from them, and I quote:

"You do not need to add your score onto your UCAS application as we will send your results to your chosen universities for you"

Hope this clears things up
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
Hmm in a pickle myself, shall i do it on the 25th of 6th of october?
I would do it asap. Just because if you do better/worse than expected then you'll have more time to alter any choices if needs be
Plus it's just nice to get it over and done with, you can only do a certain amount of prep, and once it's done, it's one less thing for you to worry about.
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
I would do it asap. Just because if you do better/worse than expected then you'll have more time to alter any choices if needs be
Plus it's just nice to get it over and done with, you can only do a certain amount of prep, and once it's done, it's one less thing for you to worry about.
hmm although that is true, I still (if i do it on the 6th) have time to alter my choices.

I just don't personally feel confident with doing it on the 25th
Danielisew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone going to answer my question? please
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm although that is true, I still (if i do it on the 6th) have time to alter my choices.

I just don't personally feel confident with doing it on the 25th
It's really not enough time to be honest with you. A week? To decide where you're potentially going to spend at least 5 years of your life? Look at MEna! (sorry to make an example of you :p:), he got his UKCAT over a month ago and is still unsure of where to apply.

Why don't you feel confident about the 25th? All you can do to prepare is do the practice questions on the website, and perhaps some on the medicmix website. It's not something you can, or should, extensively prepare for. As long as you stay calm and focussed on the day, you'll do fine
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielisew)
Is anyone going to answer my question? please
Well, Soton don't say much about the UKCAT on their website, so why don't you email them to ask about their use of scores?
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's really not enough time to be honest with you. A week? To decide where you're potentially going to spend at least 5 years of your life? Look at MEna! (sorry to make an example of you :p:), he got his UKCAT over a month ago and is still unsure of where to apply.

Why don't you feel confident about the 25th? All you can do to prepare is do the practice questions on the website, and perhaps some on the medicmix website. It's not something you can, or should, extensively prepare for. As long as you stay calm and focussed on the day, you'll do fine
Yeah your right but also with the extra 1 + week i could also practise timing etc and also my p.s. too

I agree with you that getting it over asap is better than having it hang over your head.
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
DAN

Leeds don't use it in the initial assessment but as a tie breaker to decide who should be called for interview or post interview when deciding on offers.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah your right but also with the extra 1 + week i could also practise timing etc and also my p.s. too

I agree with you that getting it over asap is better than having it hang over your head.
*sigh* You really don't need to worry about it this much. Your time would be much more well spent if you did the UKCAT early and perfected your Personal Statement rather than your timing for the UKCAT! Honestly, when it comes to the real thing it is much easier, both content and timing-wise. You.Will.Be.Absolutely.Fine!

Besides, your UKCAT forms one small part of your application, as an aptitude test. It's designed to put you under certain pressures to see how you react. Your Personal Statement, however, is a huge chunk of your application, and 100 times more important than your UKCAT score.

I strongly advise that you do it sooner rather than later.
Danielisew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
DAN

Leeds don't use it in the initial assessment but as a tie breaker to decide who should be called for interview or post interview when deciding on offers.
Ok thank you and to the other guy Good to know..
I will email the other two to get a reliable response.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielisew)
Ok thank you and to the other guy Good to know..
I will email the other two to get a reliable response.
Girl.

But that's okay
Danielisew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girl.

But that's okay
lol sorry :o:
Also meant to thank DrDomDom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads