Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Randy Travis drinks cold beer, or so I've been informed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    *shudder*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Read the damned cadaver book.

The brachial plexus is a bit crap, tbh. You just have to learn it.

This diagram is nice.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh I see :p:

I just read about it on Wikipedia, and it makes more sense now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I don't think I'm going to fit my research project into this 5,000 word limit :erm:
    with 10% leeway surely you mean 5,500 word limit :awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    If it's anything like other UEA submissions, we don't have a 10% leeway, the limit is the limit :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Nope :nope: we've been told it's a strict maximum of 5,000 (currently at 7,000 and still not finished... oops!) They should really allow a greater word limit for those of us doing qualitative research and needing to include quotes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    If it's anything like other UEA submissions, we don't have a 10% leeway, the limit is the limit :p:
    oh the horror!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got a copy of rang and dales pharmacology that they could have a quick look at for me? i've left mine 100 miles away and need to know if there is a section on partition coefficients, log P etc in detail for a report that i'm writing? i figured that you guys must use this book quite a lot and don't know where else to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i love biology)
    has anyone got a copy of rang and dales pharmacology that they could have a quick look at for me? i've left mine 100 miles away and need to know if there is a section on partition coefficients, log P etc in detail for a report that i'm writing? i figured that you guys must use this book quite a lot and don't know where else to ask
    I think I've got an e-book copy... PM me your email, I'll have a look for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Your Peninsula guys did well yesterday nice blokes as well, gave us a nice hip-hip-horayy when the race finished

did you race?
    GKT did the same for us. We were being chased by them and held them off for a long time considering they weren't actually in our division. Was nice of them.

The RVC seniors were put in our junior category, which is obviously totally unfair :p: We came second to them, so if they hadn't been in it we'd have won. *sulks*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Does somebody want to explain the brachial plexus to me? :puppyeyes:
    I'm sure I put a picture of my pipecleaner version up here somewhere... EDIT: here

As long as you remember that real texans drink cold beer :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I might have laryngitis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    I'm sure I put a picture of my pipecleaner version up here somewhere... EDIT: here

Are you from Texas?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah I remember that discussion, but paid no attention to it at the time

So basically, you just need to know the RTDCB divisions, and the fact that it's a big jumbly mess of nerves that supply nearly all of the upper limb?

If so, then I've got it sorted :proud:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Are you from Texas?
    :no: It's how you remember what the sections are called

Oh yeah I remember that discussion, but paid no attention to it at the time

So basically, you just need to know the RTDCB divisions, and the fact that it's a big jumbly mess of nerves that supply nearly all of the upper limb?

If so, then I've got it sorted :proud:
    If you can draw it out, you can trace where the nerves end up. I would also learn the areas innervated by each of the 5 nerves , and upper and lower brachial plexus injuries.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would also learn the areas innervated by each of the 5 nerves , and upper and lower brachial plexus injuries.
    Yeah I'll be doing the first part, just thought I'd get the actual plexus in my head first :p: And it's just anatomy that I'm covering at the moment, so I don't need to know injuries to it just yet

ReputationRep:
    :no: It's how you remember what the sections are called

I used Randy Travis Drinks Cold Beer. But to know who Randy Travis is, you do actually have to be from Texas.

ReputationRep:
    If you use the following drawing, plus all the relevant mnemonics, you can answer almost any brachial plexus questions. There was always at least a 10 mark SAQ on it in my exams, plus a handful of other questions. Easily 15-20 marks in a paper. I just drew this out quickly on a blank sheet right in the exam, and knocked all the questions out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    But to know who Randy Travis is, you do actually have to be from Texas.
    I know! But then I'd like to go to Texas...

ReputationRep:
    I am from Texas, and I'm going to Texas again this summer (if I pass exams) and for a week in October (no matter what, because my brother's getting married). Haven't been since 2008.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.