Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelani)
    What about lee nelson as the new doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's actually a doctor =P. He might take the role too literally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    I watch it because i like the story lines , the mystery and other-worldy experience...

I honestly prefer the doctor to clara oswald or any assistant lol.

I can think of many 'hotter' tennis players. No doctor so far is better looking than nadal or ferrerr , in my view.
    I'm not sure about Ferrer, but I agree with Nadal. Not entirely sure of the relevance to the point that the Doctors are always going to be attractive.

Yes, I watch it for reasons other than the attractive actors, although I'm not going to deny that I enjoy looking at Matt Smith and David Tennant also. But many DW viewers are drawn in purely because of the physical attraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I'm not sure about Ferrer, but I agree with Nadal. Not entirely sure of the relevance to the point that the Doctors are always going to be attractive.

Yes, I watch it for reasons other than the attractive actors, although I'm not going to deny that I enjoy looking at Matt Smith and David Tennant also. But many DW viewers are drawn in purely because of the physical attraction.
    David Ferrer in my view is more interesting looking - but no problem.

So you accept rafael nadal is better looking than any of the doctors so far Plus he is taller/stronger.

And yes, a woman of your caliber certainly would not just watch the show for looks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Because that is how television works :facepalm2: Karen Gillan and JLC were primarily brought in because the dads and lads enjoyed looking at them.
    ...thought i was the only one that found clara oswald pretty inside and out.

ReputationRep:
    David Ferrer in my view is more interesting looking - but no problem.

So you accept rafael nadal is better looking than any of the doctors so far
    No, I don't accept that! Just that Nadal is good looking. Matt Smith and Matt Bomer are currently joint no. 1 on my list. :sexface:

Plus he is taller/stronger.
    Matt Smith, David Tennant and Rafael Nadal are all taller than me... so I'm not really fussed about their relative heights!

And yes, a woman of your caliber certainly would not just watch the show for looks
    Not sure whether you're being sarcastic. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    No, I don't accept that! Just that Nadal is good looking. Matt Smith and Matt Bomer are currently joint no. 1 on my list. :sexface:

Matt Smith, David Tennant and Rafael Nadal are all taller than me... so I'm not really fussed about their relative heights!

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic. :confused:

No sarcsm=p it seems i can't make you a nadal fan(a proper nadal fan!).
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I was thinking the other day and was wondering about Eddie Redmayne as the Doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I was thinking the other day and was wondering about Eddie Redmayne as the Doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never heard of him so he probably has a chance

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, got my series 7 part 2 today and when I put the disc in wondered why the pic didnt look so great and realised I had bought the dvds instead of the blu rays! Silly me.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    I've never heard of him so he probably has a chance
    He was in Les Mis, but also the BBC version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He was in Les Mis, but also the BBC version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah okay, I saw the film of Les Mis (im assuming that's what you mean?) but I have no idea what the other thing is
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    ah okay, I saw the film of Les Mis (im assuming that's what you mean?) but I have no idea what the other thing is
    Yeah the film :yep: he was Marius

The other thing is AMAZING :yep: makes me cry lots though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still crossing my fingers for Richard Ayoade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings0)
    I'm still crossing my fingers for Richard Ayoade.
    I would love him as the Doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want Harry Lloyd to be the new DW! He was amazing as Will in Robin Hood BBC!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no no!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    No no no!
    Why? Out of interest

Also was thinking Richard Armitage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=greeneyedgirl;43132650]Why? Out of interest

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUyOTE]
    I agree! I want Harry Lloyd or Richard Armitage!

ReputationRep:
    Why? Out of interest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thinking about it, I might be highly biased. I need to see him in something else as he annoyed me as Marius in Les Mis, but then again Marius is the biggest dweeb in musical theatre. Also, I don't find him sexy.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Thinking about it, I might be highly biased. I need to see him in something else as he annoyed me as Marius in Les Mis, but then again Marius is the biggest dweeb in musical theatre. Also, I don't find him sexy.
    Go watch Tess of the D'Urbevilles...he was Angel Clare. It was awesome.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.