Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Because although Arsenal and United have similar models of running the club, United's method is already bringing success while Arsenal's isn't. They need to start winning things and Mourinho would bring that.
    Arsenal have taken a step back to take 2 forward with the Emirates. See the new Puma deal for example of what's going on behind the scenes at Arsenal. We havent won anything in years but the club is unrecognizable(4th highest revenue in the world) from what we were only 10 years ago. Now we have to project that onto the field.

ReputationRep:
    Because although Arsenal and United have similar models of running the club, United's method is already bringing success while Arsenal's isn't. They need to start winning things and Mourinho would bring that.
    Even though I rate mourinho as the best manager ever, he will never get the arsenal job. Neil Lennon would have to reject the job before mourinho is even considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What's he ever accomplished in football? People only say that because he manages the same tinpot Japanese club that Wenger did, but AW had already done the business in France at that stage. We'd be a laughing stock if we went for him.

De Boer/Bergkamp for me. Bergkamp cant fly so he would need a co-manager for sure and they've done a fantastic job at Ajax.But Wenger wont be leaving for years so things will look different then...
    Like the DB10 shout also I fancy Remi Garde as a possible new manager

ReputationRep:
    That's funny. I don't remember Utd building a new stadium over the last few years...

Being serious, Utd and Arsenal's situations are entirely different. There is no point comparing. Arsenal are in a earlier part of the development cycle if you will.

Why would we give all this money we've finally built up to Mourinho? Why not give it to Wenger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    That's funny. I don't remember Utd building a new stadium over the last few years...

Being serious, Utd and Arsenal's situations are entirely different. There is no point comparing. Arsenal are in a earlier part of the development cycle if you will.

Why would we give all this money we've finally built up to Mourinho? Why not give it to Wenger?
    Mourinho has the ability to attract better players

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest though if Mourinho wanted to come you'd take him
    HELL ****ING NO. I'd actually protest. After what he said about Wenger and the lack of respect he showed towards us, I'd protest.

Lets not forget how his MO isn't suited to us.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho has the ability to attract better players
    Not really, as much of a mourinho fan I am that clearly is not true. He can attract good players because he's at good clubs. If he was at arsenal he'd be in the same situation as wenger. At inter e.g. where he had less money than the likes of barca/madrid he attracted players who were forced out the club(sneijder) or players from midtable teams(milito and motta spring to mind) and then got the best out of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not really, as much of a mourinho fan I am that clearly is not true. He can attract good players because he's at good clubs. If he was at arsenal he'd be in the same situation as wenger. At inter e.g. where he had less money than the likes of barca/madrid he attracted players who were forced out the club(sneijder) or players from midtable teams(milito and motta spring to mind) and then got the best out of them.
    Mourinho is widely regarded as one of the top 5 managers in the world, easily. Wenger isn't. I think Wenger's a great manager I just think players would be more inclined to join with Mourinho over Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho is widely regarded as one of the top 5 managers in the world, easily. Wenger isn't. I think Wenger's a great manager I just think players would be more inclined to join with Mourinho over Wenger.
    He's also known to fall out with players that don't buy into his highly inflammatory MO. I've yet to see a player choose a Mourinho managed club over another club becasue of Jose. Wenger has many examples of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He's also known to fall out with players that don't buy into his highly inflammatory MO. I've yet to see a player choose a Mourinho managed club over another club becasue of Jose. Wenger has many examples of this.
    How would we know why a player joined a Jose managed club? Modric chose Madrid over United, we don't know why though

ReputationRep:
    How would we know why a player joined a Jose managed club? Modric chose Madrid over United, we don't know why though
    Kind of obvious though. Madrid he'll get more money and he's got a better chance of winning the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    ozil said he went to madrid because of mourinho and we wanted him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    no he actually said he went to madrid because playing for madrid was an offer that he couldnt turn down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    To be honest, I don't doubt players would choose to join a club managed by Mourinho, he is a decent manager but come on, Ozil was just saying the right thing. It really doesn't take much to be appealled to play for Madrid no matter who's their manager.

But the point that with Mourinho, we would be able to attract top players that we couldn't under Wenger is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Götze)
    no he actually said he went to madrid because playing for madrid was an offer that he couldnt turn down
    Im sure he said mourinho being there was a big factor in his decision.

ReputationRep:
    2005: Arsenal's captain Patrick
    Viera joins Juventus.
    2006: Juventus' coach Fabio
    Capello leaves.
    2007: Arsenal's captain Thierry
    Henry joins Barcelona.
    2008: Frank Riijkard sacked at
    Barcelona.
    2011: Arsenal's captain Cesc
    Fabregas joins Barcelona.
    2012: Pep Guardiola left
    Barcelona.
    2012: Arsenal's captain van Persie
    joins Manchester United.
    2013: Sir Alex Ferguson retires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Kind of obvious though. Madrid he'll get more money and he's got a better chance of winning the CL.
    I think you forgot the point that Daniel Levy will never sell any of his players to Manu. Ever, another reason why Manu fans are deluded when they think they can get Bale

ReputationRep:
    Wenger isn't in the top 5 managers in the world? :lolwut:

I'm sorry but the amount of teams that have tried to get him (including Madrid who went to Wenger first before getting Mourinho) on it's own proves he's one of the top 5 managers in the world and highly sought after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Wenger isn't in the top 5 managers in the world? :lolwut:

I'm sorry but the amount of teams that have tried to get him (including Madrid who went to Wenger first before getting Mourinho) on it's own proves he's one of the top 5 managers in the world and highly sought after.
    Was going to point this out, but, I know that it'll inevitable leads to another 'lets count number of titles and CL that each has won' game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I think you forgot the point that Daniel Levy will never sell any of his players to Manu. Ever, another reason why Manu fans are deluded when they think they can get Bale
    BERBATOV- maybe do some research before making ridiculous statements

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.