Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    I then proceeded to state that this was because it had imposed various measures to reduce it and labelled that as BK. This is in spite of the fact that I know nothing about Sweden and any such policies it has! Wtf was I thinking?
    Don't worry, I used to do this all the time and I seemed to do fine!

(Original post by hollieeilloh)
    I'd try not to stress yourself out - throughout the thread you've seemed like one of the 'best' modstuds people and always answering questions etc! The DME is really hard to predict how well you've done and it sounds like you've done your best anyway
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to have all sources in it says 'REFER' whereas you 'MUST' include background knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weejackie10)
    You don't need to have all sources in it says 'REFER' whereas you 'MUST' include background knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Refer to ALL sources provided"

I think that means all sources had to be referred too

ReputationRep:
    Arguments for;
    Improve health of citizens
    Reduce the amount of smokers
    Similar measure already failed

Against;
    Costly to the taxpayer
    Other important concerns.

Bk: collectivist approach
    Our neo liberal opponents
    Countries already have measure in place
    Austerity Britain
    Minimum pricing on alcohol being considered so to should smoking.
    86% of lung cancer deaths attribute to smoking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't use all sources, I don't think it means you'll fail however you cannot gain full marks. I'm not to sure you'd have to check that up.

ReputationRep:
    You don't fail, it's really harsh that they would fail you for that however if you don't include background knowledge you will fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else agree that the dme would have been done poorly in comparison to the essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, its all over and done with now.. until June when advanced higher starts haha! Hope you all get the results you have worked for

ReputationRep:
    Wow what an exam !!! Everything I predicted came up so happy DME was good as well had some facts on it overall was Great !!!!

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side, I have recycled all my modern studies notes. I didn't eventually have the heart to burn them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm secretly very jealous of everyone getting rid of their Higher notes! I feel I should keep mine for AH because some of the course content is very similar.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else not finish their last essay? I got most of it done and I'm just wondering is there a minimum you at least get for an essay that's not finished?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here picking up Advanced Higher Mods? It was a dream of a paper today, but don't let research methods bite you in the butt!! I can give anyone some tips if you're taking it next year

And I BET you guys will have done really well! It's a big relief having it done so relax, take it easy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.124)
    Did anyone else not finish their last essay? I got most of it done and I'm just wondering is there a minimum you at least get for an essay that's not finished?
    It depends how much you have written and how well you have argued your point. I would say an essay with 2 well argued points would get maybe 8/9 marks at max? However a poor essay would fare much worse.

ReputationRep:
    I was typing today and for the DME I only had two printed pages (excluding the questions). I used all the sources and put in four pieces of BK, but I only had two points for and two against with rebuttal. Within the first point 'for' the proposal, I effectively wrote two points though but didn't have time to split it up.

Have I done enough?

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to burn all my notes together, advanced higher maths is going down first!!! Although I have all Summer to do it, oh the joys of having left school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.124)
    I didn't finish my health and wealth essay, but I think the maximum they'll be able to give without a conclusion is a 7. I'm not entirely sure, however, so it would be best to speak to your teacher about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    I'm secretly very jealous of everyone getting rid of their Higher notes! I feel I should keep mine for AH because some of the course content is very similar.
    same!!! I'm just going to put them in a folder too scared to get rid of them haha

ReputationRep:
    Done two big points for one against with mega long rebuttal, used all the sources as much as possible and around 12/13 bk knowledge is that ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just relax, the exams over. Looking up too much can make you worry, you's have done well I'm sure. Good luck for the rest of your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.