Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate3)
    For my AS levels I got AABB, mainly relieved cos I really need AAB for uni. one of the Bs doesn't matter because I'm dropping English anyway, but for history I'm predicted an A* and I got a very high B. dunno whether to resit the history module next year or get a remark, it was 3 ums off an A overall..
    It depends on your work load for next year and if you can handle studying for it again (but I doubt it will be that hard considering how close you were), I would resit it because it wouldn't hurt and they keep the highest grade.

Get it remarked too because it's close but don't be surprised if it doesn't increase or it could go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    Ooh well done What was your offer?
    Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed

A*AA and 11 in STEP II and III. I only managed a 2 and a 3, although the 2 was 3 marks off a 1 and the 3 was 1 mark off a 2 (not confusing at all). Got a 1 in STEP I, not that it counts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Just got back from getting my A Level results. Today is the best day ever.

Spoiler:
    Show

Bolded grades are exams done this session.

Maths - A* - 595/600
    C1 - 99
    C2 - 100
    C3 - 100
    C4 - 100
    M1 - 100
    D1 - 96

Further Maths - A* - 600/600
    FP1 - 100
    FP2 - 100
    FP3 - 100

M3 - 100
    M5 - 100
    S4 - 100

Additional Further Maths - A* - 559/600
    S1 - 95
    S2 - 96
    S3 - 91
    M2 - 92
    M4 - 91
    D2 - 94

(All Edexcel, all out of 100)

Physics - A* - 587/600 (OCR B)
    G491 - 79/90
    G492 - 150/150
    G493 - 58/60
    G494 - 90/90
    G495 - 150/150
    G496 - 60/60

Applied Business - a - 257/300
    Unit 1 - 61/100
    Unit 2 - 96/100
    Unit 3 - 100/100

STEP - SSS, 324/360
    I - 116/120
    II - 111/120
    III - 97/120

My Maths teachers also received an email from the Edexcel Emporium. I was one of 5 people to achieve 600/600 in Further Mathematics, and I achieved the third highest aggregate score (1754/1800) across the entire exam board this year.

I hope everyone else has done well. I'm going to be going up town to tell my mum who's working today.

How is that even possible?!
    Just wow.
    Well done!
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I got a frickin A in my biology EMPA!! No idea how that occurred, I could have sworn I messed it up! But yeah I really need to learn to work smarter not harder for next year cos I can't afford to to dip then! I WILL get these A's and A*'s haha. Where do you wanna go to uni?
    I like your mindset :beard:
    And it's either between Sheffield or Nottingham for Chemistry at the moment :P I've got more open days lined up though. Initially Nottingham was first choice, partly because they do videos on YouTube haha but then I went to Sheffers and it's so beautiful there! You?

ReputationRep:
    Well, after 10 exams in summer and all chemistry retaken during that time. I got ABB (A-chem, B-bio, B DipFS). Went from CEE at As level to this lol, shame my DipFS is 1ums of an A =/. Anyway I rang up queen mary and got an offer for Biomedical science so very happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Got mine now. Unfortunately I got a C in computing but it has like 0 relevance to the course I'm doing so I think I'm okay. For M1 I got 95 UMS so I'm really pleased with that. Quite dissapointed with C1 thought I was going to get 100 because all my answers were correct. Probably lost on some working out marks. Now for FP1 I got 89 (Quite happy) and best of all I got 90 is S2 so that's 1/3rd of an A* done for Further Maths . I got 73 for D1 which I'm annoyed at because it lowered my 90% average in Further Maths plus I hate D1 anyways. How did your Results go?
    Ah that's fine. Somebody who said they flopped M1 got 88, it was smiles all round really. Ah well it couldn't have being that bad
    Nice nice, S2 was lower than expected which surprised me entirely. Ah we all have these outliers (like my S1) at least overall it doesn't look that bad. And I hate S1 equally

Overall I got 4A's in Maths, FM, History and Economics .

Spoiler:
    Show

For maths I got:
    C1 - 98 (jan)
    C2 - 100
    M1 - 92 (quite happy about this)

For Further maths I got
    FP1 - 96
    S2 - 90
    S1 - 79 ( )

At least it wasn't a mechanics or pure module!

Overall I'm delighted with history maths and further maths but my econ A is a low A and its managed to bring my average down below 90, hopefully I still hold a strong case with my strong pure/mechanics grades.

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE FAILED COMPLETELY...GOT A "B" AND SOMETHING LIKE EITHER A "D", "E" OR "U" for my other 2 grades

what do i do now??

will the clearing vacancies still accept me??

i dont know what to do? the clearing courses i wanna choose ask for like 300 UCAS points...........

plus i have my OCD medical proof letter here with me, my life is ruined ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed

A*AA and 11 in STEP II and III. I only managed a 2 and a 3, although the 2 was 3 marks off a 1 and the 3 was 1 mark off a 2 (not confusing at all). Got a 1 in STEP I, not that it counts!
    Well done!! If you don't get into Cambridge, where will you go?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to those who made it! :party:
    To those who didn't quite make it don't give hope there are still some fantastic courses and unis in clearing keep trying, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys my firm accepted me but it was really weird they wanted ABB I got BBCD and I was accepted, everyone was shocked!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BCCC at AS, not bad for me considering my attendance at one point was 19%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    It depends on your work load for next year and if you can handle studying for it again (but I doubt it will be that hard considering how close you were), I would resit it because it wouldn't hurt and they keep the highest grade.

Get it remarked too because it's close but don't be surprised if it doesn't increase or it could go down.
    well I should have 5 exams next year already, but the thing is the exam went quite well I thought. half of the exam doesn't need much preparation because it is source based, but the other half needs a lot of knowledge and honestly if there hadn't been a good question I bet I would have got a lot worse. I reckon I'll get it remarked because if it goes down I'll still have a B, and resit it too probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Just realised I got full marks in History coursework
    Congrats buddy! I take it you got in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    I like your mindset :beard:
    And it's either between Sheffield or Nottingham for Chemistry at the moment :P I've got more open days lined up though. Initially Nottingham was first choice, partly because they do videos on YouTube haha but then I went to Sheffers and it's so beautiful there! You?
    Come to sheffield I live here and I'm pretty sure ill have to stay here to save for a masters! I've been to Huddersfield, Northumbria, both sheffield ones and Bangor (prettiest uni ever) and I still have to look at York, Nottingham, Lancaster and Cardiff. I don't wanna stay here but I'm fairly certain I'll have to or I'll never be able to do a masters so won't get a job hah
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I hope you all got what you want and met your offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate3)
    well I should have 5 exams next year already, but the thing is the exam went quite well I thought. half of the exam doesn't need much preparation because it is source based, but the other half needs a lot of knowledge and honestly if there hadn't been a good question I bet I would have got a lot worse. I reckon I'll get it remarked because if it goes down I'll still have a B, and resit it too probably
    Also if you do well in A2 this will bring the grade up because it has more weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Hard work this year and a lot of slacking last year, I did come from A*s and A's at GCSE though so..
    I'm confused with the whole points etc how you got so many is AS and A2 to get an overall A grade - I don't get it LOL

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who got in
    I got into my firm but I feel really numb and confused. I don't know whether I want to go. Seeing everyone else so excited makes me feel even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Congrats buddy! I take it you got in?
    Yeah thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who got into Reading?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.