The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilzo999
Got mine now. Unfortunately I got a C in computing but it has like 0 relevance to the course I'm doing so I think I'm okay. For M1 I got 95 UMS so I'm really pleased with that. Quite dissapointed with C1 thought I was going to get 100 because all my answers were correct. Probably lost on some working out marks. Now for FP1 I got 89 (Quite happy) and best of all I got 90 is S2 so that's 1/3rd of an A* done for Further Maths :biggrin:. I got 73 for D1 which I'm annoyed at because it lowered my 90% average in Further Maths plus I hate D1 anyways. How did your Results go?

Ah that's fine. Somebody who said they flopped M1 got 88, it was smiles all round really. Ah well it couldn't have being that bad :tongue:
Nice nice, S2 was lower than expected which surprised me entirely. Ah we all have these outliers (like my S1) at least overall it doesn't look that bad. And I hate S1 equally :biggrin:

Overall I got 4A's in Maths, FM, History and Economics :biggrin:.

Spoiler

I HAVE FAILED COMPLETELY...GOT A "B" AND SOMETHING LIKE EITHER A "D", "E" OR "U" for my other 2 grades

what do i do now??

will the clearing vacancies still accept me??

i dont know what to do? the clearing courses i wanna choose ask for like 300 UCAS points...........

plus i have my OCD medical proof letter here with me, my life is ruined ..
Reply 1682
Original post by sparrowhawk4
Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed :biggrin:

A*AA and 11 in STEP II and III. I only managed a 2 and a 3, although the 2 was 3 marks off a 1 and the 3 was 1 mark off a 2 (not confusing at all). Got a 1 in STEP I, not that it counts!

Well done!! If you don't get into Cambridge, where will you go?
Congratulations to those who made it! :party:
To those who didn't quite make it don't give hope there are still some fantastic courses and unis in clearing:smile: keep trying, and good luck!
Reply 1684
Hey guys my firm accepted me but it was really weird they wanted ABB I got BBCD and I was accepted, everyone was shocked!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BCCC at AS, not bad for me considering my attendance at one point was 19%.
Reply 1686
Original post by Ripper-Roo
It depends on your work load for next year and if you can handle studying for it again (but I doubt it will be that hard considering how close you were), I would resit it because it wouldn't hurt and they keep the highest grade.

Get it remarked too because it's close but don't be surprised if it doesn't increase or it could go down.

well I should have 5 exams next year already, but the thing is the exam went quite well I thought. half of the exam doesn't need much preparation because it is source based, but the other half needs a lot of knowledge and honestly if there hadn't been a good question I bet I would have got a lot worse. I reckon I'll get it remarked because if it goes down I'll still have a B, and resit it too probably :smile:
Original post by Plainview
Just realised I got full marks in History coursework :h:

Congrats buddy! I take it you got in?
Original post by RoseBrilliante
I like your mindset :beard:
And it's either between Sheffield or Nottingham for Chemistry at the moment :P I've got more open days lined up though. Initially Nottingham was first choice, partly because they do videos on YouTube haha but then I went to Sheffers and it's so beautiful there! You?

Come to sheffield :biggrin: I live here and I'm pretty sure ill have to stay here to save for a masters! I've been to Huddersfield, Northumbria, both sheffield ones and Bangor (prettiest uni ever) and I still have to look at York, Nottingham, Lancaster and Cardiff. I don't wanna stay here but I'm fairly certain I'll have to or I'll never be able to do a masters so won't get a job hah
I hope you all got what you want and met your offers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate3
well I should have 5 exams next year already, but the thing is the exam went quite well I thought. half of the exam doesn't need much preparation because it is source based, but the other half needs a lot of knowledge and honestly if there hadn't been a good question I bet I would have got a lot worse. I reckon I'll get it remarked because if it goes down I'll still have a B, and resit it too probably :smile:

Also if you do well in A2 this will bring the grade up because it has more weight :smile:
Original post by ElChapo
Hard work this year and a lot of slacking last year, I did come from A*s and A's at GCSE though so..

I'm confused with the whole points etc how you got so many is AS and A2 to get an overall A grade - I don't get it LOL
Reply 1692
Congratulations to everyone who got in :smile:
I got into my firm but I feel really numb and confused. I don't know whether I want to go. Seeing everyone else so excited makes me feel even worse.
Original post by kidomo
Congrats buddy! I take it you got in?

Yeah thanks :smile:
Anyone who got into Reading? :biggrin:
Original post by Robbie242
Ah that's fine. Somebody who said they flopped M1 got 88, it was smiles all round really. Ah well it couldn't have being that bad :tongue:
Nice nice, S2 was lower than expected which surprised me entirely. Ah we all have these outliers (like my S1) at least overall it doesn't look that bad. And I hate S1 equally :biggrin:

Overall I got 4A's in Maths, FM, History and Economics :biggrin:.

Spoiler

I know how you feel, that last module dropping that 90% average. I'm just glad I'm not doing any D2 next year although I'll have to do S1 for Maths :frown:.
Original post by james a
anyone who got into reading? :d

well done brah i knew you would make it (this was capsed btw) :woo:
I'm really confused. I applied to a music school outside of UCAS because I presumed I wasn't clever enough to go to university.

Somehow I got an A* in English Literature, my favourite subject, without trying?
Original post by Robbie242
well done brah i knew you would make it (this was capsed btw) :woo:

safe brah, C2 I got 92/100 wtffffff looooool
Original post by lauraaaaa
Come to sheffield :biggrin: I live here and I'm pretty sure ill have to stay here to save for a masters! I've been to Huddersfield, Northumbria, both sheffield ones and Bangor (prettiest uni ever) and I still have to look at York, Nottingham, Lancaster and Cardiff. I don't wanna stay here but I'm fairly certain I'll have to or I'll never be able to do a masters so won't get a job hah

Yeah, I've got York open day soon :smile: And I don't want to stay in my city for another year more than I have to haha :smile: I want to go somewhere new
And cool, what do you want to do your Masters in?

Latest