Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyG)
    Does anyone know if Birmingham is one of the unis that send a text our results day morning saying you are in or not? I've heard a couple of unis do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied last year too and they didn't implement that policy- but it would be brilliant if they did
    They send you a good luck email for results which I found pretty daunting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    I know right! The scientific jargon actually put everything in perspective and I actually felt a lot calmer...im still worried, but calm worried
    In Shaa Allah kheyr I will be studying Policy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
    HBU? WHAT did you apply for
    I feel the exact same like I just wanna know now, the wait is wayyy too long. When do sixth forms find out, is it the day before? & Ahhhh nice, I will be hopefully studying History and Political Science joint honours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjmro)
    I feel the exact same like I just wanna know now, the wait is wayyy too long. When do sixth forms find out, is it the day before? & Ahhhh nice, I will be hopefully studying History and Political Science joint honours
    Yhh,uni find out A week before
    Sixthform- well in my sixth form the head of sixth form and head teacher will find out a day before- but nobody else
    Hey! If we get in we will have some political science sessions together and my insurance is History and Theology at Uob too!
    Have you been given a reading list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    Yhh,uni find out A week before
    Sixthform- well in my sixth form the head of sixth form and head teacher will find out a day before- but nobody else
    Hey! If we get in we will have some political science sessions together and my insurance is History and Theology at Uob too!
    Have you been given a reading list?
    I'm so impatient I just have to know asap hahah wish we found out earlier. We can see on track if we've got in on results morning right?
    & No way, will we?! I was looking to do History and Theology aswell before we applied hahaa crazy.

I haven't had a reading list because I originally applied for English so my AVD was for that but then I changed my course so I haven't had any information about History and Political Science except what somebody posted about which books to buy on TSR. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjmro)
    I'm so impatient I just have to know asap hahah wish we found out earlier. We can see on track if we've got in on results morning right?
    & No way, will we?! I was looking to do History and Theology aswell before we applied hahaa crazy.

I haven't had a reading list because I originally applied for English so my AVD was for that but then I changed my course so I haven't had any information about History and Political Science except what somebody posted about which books to buy on TSR. You?
    Yhh, track opens at 8
    My school gives out results at 8, so I'm prob gna leave the house 7.45/ 7.50 and check if track has open just a bit before... Sometimes it does like 5mins early
    But Il have track on my phone just in case on the way to school
    Omd I'm quite impatient and I was stressing like a craazzaay woman, buy then I came across a video called 'How to make stress your friend' by TedTalks and dude I gta say it was enlightening and I actually felt a looot calmer
    Me too! Last yr I applied for English lit and History at uob but I'm so glad I Narrowly missed my offer because English is just not me (not degree level anyway)
    I haven't heard nothing from my course... Should be worried? Last yr with English and history they didn't give me a reading list either...i did go to this yrs AVD and nothing was given of that sort..hm?
    What did they say about politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Did you take a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really... I didn't take the A level examinations. I'm a Singaporean student and was doing my diploma in Business when I applied to UoB. It was my final semester so I applied to the university with my (then) existing grades and got a conditional offer. I received the unconditional offer only after I completed the final semester. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Wow congratulations! That is some achievement! Thanks for saying that it is reassuring I mean birmingham has everything; beautiful campus, great city, nightlife, football etc and is a really well respected school of law.

Do you intend to practice as a lawyer once you've done your degree? If so, in the city or high street firms?
    Yes! Birmingham is a beautiful city, I absolutely can't wait for uni to start!

Yes, I intend to take the bar exams after graduating. Probably in the city, I prefer working in smaller firms. What about you? Any plans? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know this is incredibly early since A-level results day is next week (and the vast majority of applicants sat the A-levels) - but has any unconditional offer holders already received their course timetable, more information about their course? Just wondering when we will get them as uni is fast approaching and so much will be going on over the next few weeks... Don't want to forget anything or miss out on something! xD

ReputationRep:
    By how much did you miss your offer? I'm 3% off my offer grade and I'm stressing I won't get in! (I have my results already)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomagic)
    By how much did you miss your offer? I'm 3% off my offer grade and I'm stressing I won't get in! (I have my results already)
    ^ Hi there, was this post directed to me? If so, I'm sorry but I can't relate as I met my offer and am registered as a student now :-/ ... I'd be happy to help you out, though!

If you know you have missed your offer, you should also let the university know as soon as possible so that they can put you in a sort of waiting list and look again at your application to make a proper decision. Don't wait until August 14th to contact them - it will be a very busy period. Since it's a bit too late now and we are just one week away from the A-level results day, you may not have an immediate answer. The university might still accept you provided that there are vacant places for your course (you can look your course up here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...t/home-eu.aspx). I'm not promising anything, but I think you have good chances of getting in since you are just 3% off the offer grade!

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I play the piano)
    ^ Hi there, was this post directed to me? If so, I'm sorry but I can't relate as I met my offer and am registered as a student now :-/ ... I'd be happy to help you out, though!

If you know you have missed your offer, you should also let the university know as soon as possible so that they can put you in a sort of waiting list and look again at your application to make a proper decision. Don't wait until August 14th to contact them - it will be a very busy period. Since it's a bit too late now and we are just one week away from the A-level results day, you may not have an immediate answer. The university might still accept you provided that there are vacant places for your course (you can look your course up here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...t/home-eu.aspx). I'm not promising anything, but I think you have good chances of getting in since you are just 3% off the offer grade!

Hope that helps.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback! Yes I sent my results off a while ago, and I got an offer to study Biological Sciences
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    I have applied for Policy, Politics and Economics - anyone on a similar course ?

Me! I'm also doing PPE!! What halls did you put as your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the A2B scheme? If so what score did you get in the essay, and do you think that if you did a good enough essay but narrowly missed the entry requirements, they would still accept you? I don't think I'm gonna get ABB for law, and I don't know why, it's just a feeling. I desperately wanna go to Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm going to have a heart attack between now and results. it constantly feels like i've just gone for a run, i'm that stressed. **** this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    i think i'm going to have a heart attack between now and results. it constantly feels like i've just gone for a run, i'm that stressed. **** this.
    Watch Ted Talks: MAKE STRESS YOUR FRIEND
    I'm telling you I get franitic a lot- sometimes I even make myself sick- watch the video In Shaa Allah kheyr it will relax you
    Its okay, whatever happens on results I promise you it will Happen for the best- the outcome will be only as good as you make it trust me I know!
    What course have you applied for

ReputationRep:
    Try having a heart condition, my symptoms have tripled in the past 4 days coming up to results day. I can't cope with the suspense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    Watch Ted Talks: MAKE STRESS YOUR FRIEND
    I'm telling you I get franitic a lot- sometimes I even make myself sick- watch the video In Shaa Allah kheyr it will relax you
    Its okay, whatever happens on results I promise you it will Happen for the best- the outcome will be only as good as you make it trust me I know!
    What course have you applied for
    yeah i've heard that's good, i'll watch it tonight.

history and french, wbu?

(Original post by jenniferkaytie)
    Try having a heart condition, my symptoms have tripled in the past 4 days coming up to results day. I can't cope with the suspense
    jeez. hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's "evening before results" plans??

I'm thinking Disney and cake...

Hope it goes well for you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leddypie)

24 painkillers and a litre of vodka

this is a joke btw, before the authorities are informed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leddypie)

Hope it goes well for you all!
    Disney and cake, that sounds fab 😂☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.