Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Then it is likely they could take the grade of you :/ .... I would advise to speak to your exams officer at your school if you can still call them, if not as soon as you can go back into school!
    That's annoying I'm just hoping that maybe my memory is playing up on me and in actual fact I got 87 in P1 and 85 in P2, which would give me the grade they've stated, but I doubt that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    That's annoying I'm just hoping that maybe my memory is playing up on me and in actual fact I got 87 in P1 and 85 in P2, which would give me the grade they've stated, but I doubt that's the case.
    haha you can only hope :ninja: but Definitely talk to your exams officer straight away and best of luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    haha you can only hope :ninja: but Definitely talk to your exams officer straight away and best of luck :-)
    What did you get? I see you comforting people, and am just assuming it is because you are comfortable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    What did you get? I see you comforting people, and am just assuming it is because you are comfortable?
    it's my job :cool: no i'm just a nice guy :awesome:

I got 7A*s 3As and 5Bs .. if you want a breakdown i'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    it's my job :cool: no i'm just a nice guy :awesome:

I got 7A*s 3As and 5Bs .. if you want a breakdown i'll PM you
    Don't worry about the breakdown The 5B's kinda pulls down the A* average What you got planned for the future?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the breakdown The 5B's kinda pulls down the A* average What you got planned for the future?
    yeah I know but i'm not that bothered as the percentage doesn't matter to me and Medicine, where I apply though they only see the top ten grades and score those (if they even have to score GCSEs )

so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    yeah I know but i'm not that bothered as the percentage doesn't matter to me and Medicine, where I apply though they only see the top ten grades and score those (if they even have to score GCSEs )

so it's all good
    lol, smart move :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    lol, smart move :awesome:
    hahah yeah I will be a smart applicant :cool: ..good job I know Leeds does this :awesome::woo:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder... My overall Biology grade is 343 (which by my calculations should actually be 344 and my Chemistry should be 345 - something's definitely going on), which is 20 marks under my Physics grade of 363. In B3, I got 80 UMS marks. In P3, I got 100 UMS. Perhaps they've got mixed up? Because that would actually work then, as I knew before I did B3 that I needed 96 UMS to get an A*, but I needed 102 UMS in Physics, thus making it impossible. So it could, hopefully, be just a school error.

I'm also wondering about my Music Creative Task. I know I'm being rather picky, but my Music teacher said after I'd done it, "Well done, that should get at least a B, perhaps an A." I got a G - and only just! Right on the boundary. Now, had I got a B or an A, I could easily have had a B or A overall... Don't you think that's a bit odd? I'm not saying the exam board have got something wrong, but I do think my teacher might have done.

ReputationRep:
    hahah yeah I will be a smart applicant :cool: ..good job I know Leeds does this :awesome::woo:
    Is there something special about Leeds? Leicester does it to

ReputationRep:
    I wonder... My overall Biology grade is 343 (which by my calculations should actually be 344 and my Chemistry should be 345 - something's definitely going on), which is 20 marks under my Physics grade of 363. In B3, I got 80 UMS marks. In P3, I got 100 UMS. Perhaps they've got mixed up? Because that would actually work then, as I knew before I did B3 that I needed 96 UMS to get an A*, but I needed 102 UMS in Physics, thus making it impossible. So it could, hopefully, be just a school error.

I'm also wondering about my Music Creative Task. I know I'm being rather picky, but my Music teacher said after I'd done it, "Well done, that should get at least a B, perhaps an A." I got a G - and only just! Right on the boundary. Now, had I got a B or an A, I could easily have had a B or A overall... Don't you think that's a bit odd? I'm not saying the exam board have got something wrong, but I do think my teacher might have done.
    explain it all to your exam officer as what you say could be possible and does explain it all

yes it's easily possible your teacher did, actually many people the music one happens too I believe its the most risky subject :lol:

ReputationRep:

Are you OCR for music? They marked everything extremely harsh this year and I got a D overall lmao I barely just got a C in my creative task....

ReputationRep:
    Is there something special about Leeds? Leicester does it to
    I have some family that live in Leeds and I like the course structure obviously Open Days will decide it all though :-)

ReputationRep:
    ]
    I should probably say now, I'm doing Edexcel Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry & Physics, and AQA German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    I should probably say now, I'm doing Edexcel Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry & Physics, and AQA German
    Done hope your results went okay :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    explain it all to your exam officer as what you say could be possible and does explain it all

yes it's easily possible your teacher did, actually many people the music one happens too I believe its the most risky subject :lol:
    Okay, I'll try and do so. I don't mind if the A* transfers from Physics to Biology, but if I lose out on an A* because they've copied the results incorrectly then I'll be a little annoyed. I know it's petty, but it's just irritating.

Yeah, the grade boundaries were ridiculous! It's a horrible subject, I wish I'd taken something else like I.T. or even Geography.

(Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Are you OCR for music? They marked everything extremely harsh this year and I got a D overall lmao I barely just got a C in my creative task....
    Yeah - funnily enough both of my lowest grades were with OCR (the other being a U in Additional Maths)! They're definitely my most hated exam board, why did they mark everything so harshly?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll try and do so. I don't mind if the A* transfers from Physics to Biology, but if I lose out on an A* because they've copied the results incorrectly then I'll be a little annoyed. I know it's petty, but it's just irritating.

Yeah, the grade boundaries were ridiculous! It's a horrible subject, I wish I'd taken something else like I.T. or even Geography.

Yeah - funnily enough both of my lowest grades were with OCR (the other being a U in Additional Maths)! They're definitely my most hated exam board, why did they mark everything so harshly?
    No one in my school passed music, the highest grade was D. Everyone got C> on the listening exam....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    No one in my school passed music, the highest grade was D. Everyone got C> on the listening exam....
    Oh my, that's terrible! Someone really needs to sort out these exam boards. See, that's the only good thing Michael Gove proposed with the EBCs: just one exam board for each subject (well, it might have been one exam board with divisions for each subject, but it's the same thing really). AQA and the other exam boards actually seem to judge exams relatively fairly.

I know one person who got an A* in my Music class, however he does happen to be Grade 8 and has played at the Royal Albert Hall (during the Proms, I think, some sort of special event). He's also part of the school jazz band which, I believe, reached the national finals. To add to that he's also in various other bands and Grade 7 (I think) on Piano. But my problem is, you shouldn't have to be at that level to get a good GCSE - that's A-Level, if not degree calibre! Of course he definitely deserves that grade, but it seems odd that I and many others in my class have got Grade 4 and above in an instrument of some shape or form and only ended up with Cs.

ReputationRep:
    Done hope your results went okay :awesome:
    Thank you! I'm happy with my results , hope you are too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    Thank you! I'm happy with my results , hope you are too.
    Good and I am thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.