The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad
Big things from Ozil next season. 15 goals and 20 assists? Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Injury dependent I'd expect him to break the assists record.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Big things from Ozil next season. 15 goals and 20 assists? Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assists, yes, as long as he keeps fit and has a better striker ahead of him, not too sure about the goals though!
Original post by jam277
Also has Ozil gone into cardiac arrest yet?

Nope, but Maureen will do when you get ripped open by athletico this week
Original post by Peggles_*
Rambo & Ozil :love:

Yes man yes.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yes man yes.

I don't like imagining if they were fit for the whole season, it's upsetting!
Original post by Mr Smurf
Still here and still think he is not good enough.

Like I said his movement and runs have been excellent and he's just shown that, granted Newcastle have been piss poor but 21 goals all comps isn't that bad is it now?
I don't like imagining if they were fit for the whole season, it's upsetting!

Nah in all seriousness we could have still been in the title race.
Original post by sevchenko
Like I said his movement and runs have been excellent and he's just shown that, granted Newcastle have been piss poor but 21 goals all comps isn't that bad is it now?

On the face of it no, but when you are the only striker for the club who plays regularly with absolutely no competition, he should have a return better than that.

For 10m or so he's a very decent player, not quite good enough for a title winning side though and we really need pace to get the most out of Ozil. He'd be amongst the best backup strikers in the league too, good alternative to a creative/dribbling striker like Aguero and Negredo/Dzeko are at City.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nah in all seriousness we could have still been in the title race.

Had we not lost to Villa at home, ****ed up in the last minute against Swansea, beat United at home (like we should have done) and held out against Everton at home, we would be.

Wouldn't mind him as a back up but he isn't good enough to be our main striker.

It's not that bad. He's just facing a classic backlash because he's not the world class striker everybody wants.

Add to that that he hasn't performed as well in the second half of the season as he was doing in the first half (coinciding with all our best midfielders - his providers - being injured, funnily enough) and we have an obvious scapegoat.
Had we not lost to Villa at home, ****ed up in the last minute against Swansea, beat United at home (like we should have done) and held out against Everton at home, we would be.

The villa game was a misnomer. The Swansea, Everton and Stoke games were the inexcusable ones really. Should have got 7+ points from them not 2.
Sanogo to get his first goal?
Cazorla been a bit off today.
On the face of it no, but when you are the only striker for the club who plays regularly with absolutely no competition, he should have a return better than that.

Original post by Pete_91
For 10m or so he's a very decent player, not quite good enough for a title winning side though and we really need pace to get the most out of Ozil. He'd be amongst the best backup strikers in the league too, good alternative to a creative/dribbling striker like Aguero and Negredo/Dzeko are at City.

Original post by Mr Smurf
Wouldn't mind him as a back up but he isn't good enough to be our main striker.

Original post by e aí rapaz
It's not that bad. He's just facing a classic backlash because he's not the world class striker everybody wants.

Add to that that he hasn't performed as well in the second half of the season as he was doing in the first half (coinciding with all our best midfielders - his providers - being injured, funnily enough) and we have an obvious scapegoat.

It's not Giroud's fault Arsenal haven't found a replacement for RVP. We all know he isn't world class but all he can do is give his best for the club and imo he's done that, he works very hard on the pitch. Giroud was only ever meant to be second striker, what else do you expect for £12m. If you look back at his record for Arsenal he's been a more than decent signing
Happy St. Totteringham's day guys!

Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again!
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not Giroud's fault Arsenal haven't found a replacement for RVP. We all know he isn't world class but all he can do is give his best for the club and imo he's done that, he works very hard on the pitch. Giroud was only ever meant to be second striker, what else do you expect for £12m. If you look back at his record for Arsenal he's been a more than decent signing

well ****ing said
Ahh St.Totteringham Day :smile:
At least the commentators didn't mention it :sigh: