Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014 Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L01)
    Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You would really need to look at which university - I would think it's possible, just depending on the university and how much they consider the application and you...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time UCAS Clearing will be open? I'm pretty sure I will be in Clearing this year, even though I haven't recieved my results yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Does anyone know what time UCAS Clearing will be open? I'm pretty sure I will be in Clearing this year, even though I haven't recieved my results yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clearing for universities will be on the A level results day at 2.30pm I think.

You can check the clearing threads though for more details! Check here

ReputationRep:
    Ok my body wouldn't let me sleep.. So I guess I'm back :P

Does anyone know how easy it is to change degrees? I was planning on doing politics but I've managed to get good enough grades to do Law now if I wanted. This would be at Stirling uni in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AAAAB!!!! WOOHOO!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinLaird)
    I GOT AAAAB!!!! WOOHOO!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome buddy - really well done, and congratulations! Now of celebrate!!!! Did you wait up for them or what?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinetyOne)

Does anyone know how easy it is to change degrees? I was planning on doing politics but I've managed to get good enough grades to do Law now if I wanted. This would be at Stirling uni in Scotland.
    I wouldn't know this - I'll refer you to a more experienced team member to answer:

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    FAO

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you looking at Scottish or English Unis?

For English ones you'll have to wait until the 14th
    There's a guide to scottish clearing here, though if that's what you want :yes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHD7726)
    What subjects can I do with 5 C's at higher do you know please I need help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it's up to your school whether they allow you which subjects to take for Higher's. with 5 C's they may allow you to do them in Highers...

ReputationRep:
    Got mines through!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in fifth year and wanted to go to a uni what can I do with 5C's can I study medicine if I get 3A's next year I am incredibly gutted and disappointed what can I do please help thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan29)
    Got mines through!
    Wooo :woo:

What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    What routes do I have to medicine with 5C's at higher in fifth year, can I ever do medicine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Good morning everyone! Hope everyone got the results they wanted. Great to see you've got through so many thread pages through the night :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Clearing for universities will be on the A level results day at 2.30pm I think.

You can check the clearing threads though for more details! Check here
    UCAS Track goes live at 9am this morning. You can contact universities about Clearing from that time, where they may give you a verbal offer. However, you can't add a Clearing choice to your UCAS until 14:30 today. :yes:

(Original post by NinetyOne)

Completely depends on the university and the course. Law tends to be something that doesn't have as much flexibility as other degrees and often has higher entry requirements. You would need to contact Stirling and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Wooo :woo:

What did you get?
    All N5
    Maths - A
    English - A (was predicted a C)
    History - A
    Modern Studies - A
    Business Management - A
    Spanish - B
    Biology - B
    Chemistry - B
    Pretty chuffed with that!

Thank you for everybodys help tonight, I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to study medicine, and was hoping for good results but I got 5C's I'm so gutted what can I do now, can I ever study medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Good morning everyone! Hope everyone got the results they wanted. Great to see you've got through so many thread pages through the night :party:
    Quite how I'm still here is a miracle. Did you enjoy sleeping? :unimpressed:

(Original post by Euan29)
    All N5
    Maths - A
    English - A (was predicted a C)
    History - A
    Modern Studies - A
    Business Management - A
    Spanish - B
    Biology - B
    Chemistry - B
    Pretty chuffed with that!

Thank you for everybodys help tonight, I really appreciate it.
    Ahhh, awesome results! Congratulations! :congrats::party:

I bet you're really pleased with those results - especially English!

What are your future plans then?

ReputationRep:
    How's it all going? Lots of you will have got your results by now. But don't panic if you don't - we said they'll be with you by 9, there's still another 2 1/2 hours. Most haven't been sent out yet.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    It's been great Got to go to work though as you sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)

Ahhh, awesome results! Congratulations! :congrats::party:

I bet you're really pleased with those results - especially English!

What are your future plans then?
    Got 5 Highers now (RMPS, History, English, Maths and Bus Man) but contemplating changing RMPS for Modern Studies now...
    Then maybe 6th year and apply for University.

Thanks again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.