Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robboadam31)
    Thanks, I hope so too. I have to admit, the Leadership exercise for me was ****ly tough. You're supposed to do 10 mins of presenting, but because I spent so long reading the briefing, I had literally 10-15 seconds to do a ****ly quick plan of what I was gonna say to the assessor, and it lasted 3m14. She wasn't looking too impressed for the rest of the 25 mins of questioning lol.

I thought after the leadership one that I had blown it... it felt like it went ****ly terrible. I spoke for like 5 mins then she was questioning me and just tearing me apart ! But thinking back I think they are looking for you to be able to keep your cool under pressure as there is no way you would be able to read enough information to make good points! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back who attended 6th Jan FSAC? Nothing on my end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessiMagic)
    Anyone heard back who attended 6th Jan FSAC? Nothing on my end...
    No news here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting who had their FSAC on 26th November?! It's been nearly 7 weeks..! Feeling distinctly average haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I had my FSAC last Thurs and my status just changed from 'awaiting event' to 'awaiting results'. has everyone's changed or have I been amber banded I wonder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nineteeneightynine)
    Anyone else still waiting who had their FSAC on 26th November?! It's been nearly 7 weeks..! Feeling distinctly average haha
    Mine was 8th December and I haven't heard either...

ReputationRep:
    Me neither. Does anyone know how long it's taken on average to hear back? I know it's meant to be three working days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my FSAC on 26th November and I emailed parity last week. They said I should expect to hear in the week commencing the 19th jan. So I assume this may be when they are doing another band narrowing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, three working days for Parity to receive results does not mean three working days for them to send them on.

Don't despair if you are in the amber band, though. You may be 0.1 points below the current threshold, or you may end up 0.1 points above the final threshold. A pass is a pass and I don't believe for a second that someone who performs better at FSAC than an another successful candidate is any 'better' a candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ettymae)
    I had my FSAC on 26th November and I emailed parity last week. They said I should expect to hear in the week commencing the 19th jan. So I assume this may be when they are doing another band narrowing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So glad I'm not the only one still waiting! That's good to hear, I wonder if that's the final narrowing for the analytical streams then? Can't wait for some closure.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have a quick question regarding the Government Communications Fast Stream... I am aware that this is a new scheme, however I am unsure as to whether it is new for us 2014 applicants/2015 intake, or, if it was introduced for 2013 applicants with a 2014 start? Any ideas?

My FSAC for this is the 30th of March which I'm pretty sure is one of the last FSAC- hopefully this means less waiting for results!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the fast stream and the reply might be of interest to those still waiting for news following the as assessment centre....

"We have yet to release any of the results following the Fast Stream Assessment Centres for Generalist Fast Stream candidates.

If you have not received the outcome within the next 48 hours then this does mean you will have been amber banded and you will not hear anything until they revise the pass mark again in February 2015.

The Final Selection Boards for Diplomatic Service candidates are not actually taking place until late March/early April 2015. "

ReputationRep:
    So we'll hear within 2 days unless we've been amber banded

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeanJaures)
    Me neither. Does anyone know how long it's taken on average to hear back? I know it's meant to be three working days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They told us at the end of our AC (7th) that we should hear back within two weeks, didn't mention the three days at all. Also it isn't clear whether the three days is from the AC date or from when the assessors receive the results. To further muddle the picture, the candidate website also says that you are likely "amber banded" if you don't hear back within a week.

I am going to assume that the real wait is 3-7 days from when it changes to "awaiting results".

ReputationRep:
    Do people get rejected at this stage or just pass and Amber banded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessiMagic)
    Do people get rejected at this stage or just pass and Amber banded?
    Getting under a 2 (out of 4) for any of the competencies is an automatic fail so yes. Beyond that, I think they have set both initial pass (really high) and fail marks (really low) and it's people in the middle who are left hanging as they review and set new marks as more and more people finish their ACs.

ReputationRep:
    I was at FSAC on the 6th and have still heard nothing, as with everyone else. Thanks sig360 for sharing the response you got. I suppose we'll be waiting until Wednesday then.

While I haven't had results I think I have noticed a change in my online application. I think that at some point late last week the heading on my scheme progress page turned from 'Generalist Fast Stream progress' or similar to now 'Diplomatic Service Scheme progress'. This could be nothing - I am probably misremembering and making it up. Has anyone noticed a similar change, I wonder, or was it always like this for those of us applying for DS? I also don't recall it having said 'E-Tray Extended' before, but I suspect this is just my imagination too. I've looked at that page so many times now I am willing it to change.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Just had FSAC. Thought the exercises went well enough but the interview was a bit of a trainwreck--she genuinely finished by telling me that most fast streamers get in on their second try or later... She actually laughed at some of the answers I gave. We did at least get on pretty well though.

(Original post by JimsFortis)
    x
    It's said 'Diplomatic Service Scheme progress' since I made that choice. Mine doesn't say 'E-Tray Extended' though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TritonSails)
    Just had FSAC. Thought the exercises went well enough but the interview was a bit of a trainwreck--she genuinely finished by telling me that most fast streamers get in on their second try or later... She actually laughed at some of the answers I gave. We did at least get on pretty well though.

It's said 'Diplomatic Service Scheme progress' since I made that choice. Mine doesn't say 'E-Tray Extended' though.
    That's interesting. Perhaps the addition of the word 'Extended' to mine indicates that my e-tray written exercise has now been assessed, alongside the FSAC performance? Pure speculation, no idea if that's the case.

I wouldn't worry too much about them laughing in the interview. Did it seem as though they were actually laughing at your response, or simply being jovial and laughing along with you? I found all of the assessors to be a bit like that.

In either case, I don't think laughter in interviews is necessarily always a bad sign. A friend of mine had an academic laugh right in front of her in response to some of what she said in her Cambridge interview. She got in.

ReputationRep:
    I was unsuccessful guys. Diplomatic service rejected; central departments awaiting...
    Anyone know how long that takes?

Good luck to rest of you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.