Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PaulHugh)
    I just had a bad day, never try the method of staying awake the night before an exam!
    :rofl:
    (Original post by maxy25)
    Hello everybody, how is everyone coping with going back to school so soon (for most of us)? :blush:
    I'm ecstatic hows about you?

ReputationRep:
    Would it be too late to introduce myself? Hiya; I'm Lucrative Fourteen, obviously, turning fifteen next July. OH ALSO; I'm a female.
    I'm taking English, English Lit., Maths (inc. Statistics), Science, Religious Studies, Economics, History, French aaaand I think that's it actually..(?) After finishing Year 11, I'm hoping to continue onto my school's Sixth Form to do my A-Levels, subjects to be decided, and then hopefully to do Law at university *cough* Oxbridge *cough*
    I love sports, specifically basketball and football - but I despise athletics :cool: - watching Suits, eating food and sleeping. :rolleyes: My mindset towards school has only changed within the last few months. I used to be all about basketball and I was highly passionate about it, but then I looked into Law and was inspired, so I dropped my dream of being a professional basketball player and decided I'd like to be a Lawyer instead. Soooooo ... please bare with me, as I'm definitely at a higher level of ignorance than you guys because I'm new to the whole 'caring about school' thing - I don't even know what boards my subjects are. But maybe someday I'll fit into this little clique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucrative)
    Would it be too late to introduce myself? Hiya; I'm Lucrative Fourteen, obviously, turning fifteen next July. OH ALSO; I'm a female.
    I'm taking English, English Lit., Maths (inc. Statistics), Science, Religious Studies, Economics, History, French aaaand I think that's it actually..(?) After finishing Year 11, I'm hoping to continue onto my school's Sixth Form to do my A-Levels, subjects to be decided, and then hopefully to do Law at university *cough* Oxbridge *cough*
    I love sports, specifically basketball and football - but I despise athletics :cool: - watching Suits, eating food and sleeping. :rolleyes: My mindset towards school has only changed within the last few months. I used to be all about basketball and I was highly passionate about it, but then I looked into Law and was inspired, so I dropped my dream of being a professional basketball player and decided I'd like to be a Lawyer instead. Soooooo ... please bare with me, as I'm definitely at a higher level of ignorance than you guys because I'm new to the whole 'caring about school' thing - I don't even know what boards my subjects are. But maybe someday I'll fit into this little clique.
    'Ello! I know quite a lot of people who love basketball, quite like it myself, though I don't know much about it... Quite a lot of people here want to do law as well. I've only heard of one other person doing Economics GCSE...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hi and welcome to :tsr:... I am Mr... And if you need anything just ask
    I think you should joking the group for us: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2726

Just a little disclaimer for you: we are not super smart people who only care about school so you will for right in :teehee:

I love Law as well I want to study Law with French Law at Oxford university and I love athletics and rugby so your comment about athletics hurt me . I also love French :love:

Is Suits good? I've been told to watch it so I might start when I finish OitNB :curious:

Once again! Welcome
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mr...)
    That is a good idea :yep:

(Original post by DaisyTwilight)
    I know you posted this a few days ago but we should have an iMessage group!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DaisyTwilight)
    No way, I'm 5'3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes, we should! Do you guys want to email me your emails so I can form a group?

LOL, I'm 5"8 :P
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Elliwhi)
    yes, we should! Do you guys want to email me your emails so I can form a group?

LOL, I'm 5"8 :P
    Some of us don't have apple devices e.g Paul, so we'd have to think of something else :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Some of us don't have apple devices e.g Paul, so we'd have to think of something else :dontknow:
    We can still form it for some of us.

I have VIBER but not WHATSAPP
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    We can still form it for some of us.

I have VIBER but not WHATSAPP
    I think it should be on a platform we can all access though like Skype chat or a bbm group :sadnod:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mr...)
    I think it should be on a platform we can all access though like Skype chat or a bbm group :sadnod:
    Viber can be accessed pretty much any platform... I have BBM but uninstalled it ages ago
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Haysaurus)
    How was the Russian? Any advice would be appreciated
    My advice is REMEMBER ALL THE ENDINGS FOR THE CASES otherwise you're definitely screwed. Do regular revision of the vocab of everything (countries, food, places in town). I forgot what Scotland was in the exam therefore lost some marks in the reading paper along with that. I'm russian myself, and I didn't have to do very much practice - just writing and grammar

If you have any questions about anything PLEASE PM me. I'd be happy to help you
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Viber can be accessed pretty much any platform... I have BBM but uninstalled it ages ago
    Personally it isn't about the platform it's about who feels comfortable doing it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bullscheiße)
    'Ello! I know quite a lot of people who love basketball, quite like it myself, though I don't know much about it... Quite a lot of people here want to do law as well. I've only heard of one other person doing Economics GCSE...
    Hi! I think it's more difficult to grasp the concept of basketball in this country, especially when football is the strong suit. Took me a few years to get it; not just the knowledge of the game, but the ball in the hoop :blushing: Ahh well my brother inspired me to do Economics and I'm kinda glad because it's the easiest thing ever :cool:

(Original post by Mr...)
    Hi and welcome to :tsr:... I am Mr... And if you need anything just ask
    I think you should joking the group for us: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2726

Just a little disclaimer for you: we are not super smart people who only care about school so you will for right in :teehee:

I love Law as well I want to study Law with French Law at Oxford university and I love athletics and rugby so your comment about athletics hurt me . I also love French :love:

Is Suits good? I've been told to watch it so I might start when I finish OitNB :curious:

Once again! Welcome
    Hey :grin: I've requested join the group... just awaiting the rejection now
    Oh yay, similar interests :love: you want to go to Oxford too?! See you there then (hopefully) :smartass: Oops, sorry about the athletics thing: I'm just a sore loser really :giggle:

Suits is amazing. Seriously just amazing. The reason why my I chose to pursue Law is mainly because of that show to be honest :teehee: Hey, looks like I got the same question : I've been told to watch OitNB, but is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to TSR! I'm Melissa, fourteen obviously and turning fifteen in March. I also would love to study Law (Jurisprudence BA) at Oxford (Brasenose College). Consequently, attempting to gain a training contract at a top Law firm such as; Latham and Watkins, Davis Polk etc. On the other hand, my career interests also lie as becoming an Investment Banker. I currently attend a state school - nothing special and am studying towards GCSE's in;

Maths, English Language, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, History, Business, ICT, RE.

So 11 in total, and potentially an AS in Maths in Year 11.

Have you got any relevant law work experience organised? In June, my school has managed to guarantee me work experience at Eversheds Law Firm, a local Barristers chambers and an accountants firm. In terms of Sixth Form, I hope to apply to various private Colleges including Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate (York). At A level I would like to study; Economics, Maths, Further Maths and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

Oh yay, similar interests :love: you want to go to Oxford too?! See you there then (hopefully) :smartass: Oops, sorry about the athletics thing: I'm just a sore loser really :giggle:

Suits is amazing. Seriously just amazing. The reason why my I chose to pursue Law is mainly because of that show to be honest :teehee: Hey, looks like I got the same question : I've been told to watch OitNB, but is it any good?
    I love OitNB I am on season 2 and it is perfect it is even better than GoT and I love GoT...

Hopefully we will meet in Oxford :moon: You have some work to do before I forgive you for the athletics comment :cry2:

You do know the TV portayal of Lawyers isn't accurate right :teehee:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Hi! I think it's more difficult to grasp the concept of basketball in this country, especially when football is the strong suit. Took me a few years to get it; not just the knowledge of the game, but the ball in the hoop :blushing: Ahh well my brother inspired me to do Economics and I'm kinda glad because it's the easiest thing ever :cool:

GASP YOU DESPISE ATHLETICS o.o

HAI, I'm ellie :P

Please watch OITNB. S2 is amazing, and gets better the more you watch it :P
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    GASP YOU DESPISE ATHLETICS o.o

HAI, I'm ellie :P

Please watch OITNB. S2 is amazing, and gets better the more you watch it :P
    I'm watching :five: I haven't finished S2 though

ReputationRep:
    x
    Hey there We're both taking Economics, French and History, so that's cool. It's never too late to join our group, we always welcome new members! Which subject are you looking forward to the most?
    (Original post by Mr...)
    This is a lie; no one on TSR actually does anything but learning and revision and more learning.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just kidding, most of us here have lives outside of TSR and we're all very friendly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes)
    Welcome to TSR! I'm Melissa, fourteen obviously and turning fifteen in March. I also would love to study Law (Jurisprudence BA) at Oxford (Brasenose College). Consequently, attempting to gain a training contract at a top Law firm such as; Latham and Watkins, Davis Polk etc. On the other hand, my career interests also lie as becoming an Investment Banker. I currently attend a state school - nothing special and am studying towards GCSE's in;

Maths, English Language, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, History, Business, ICT, RE.

So 11 in total, and potentially an AS in Maths in Year 11.

Have you got any relevant law work experience organised? In June, my school has managed to guarantee me work experience at Eversheds Law Firm, a local Barristers chambers and an accountants firm. In terms of Sixth Form, I hope to apply to various private Colleges including Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate (York). At A level I would like to study; Economics, Maths, Further Maths and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well damn you've got your whole life sorted. :gasp: Nice to meet you Melissa

Relevant law work experience... hmm. Well, I've attended a mock trial against a number of schools in the county at a magistrates court, plus I've had work experience at the international law firm of the year, Clifford Chance, in Canary Wharf and had the opportunity to observe a lawyer and his client for the day.

This probably has no relevance to law whatsoever but I've taken a Japanese course at Cambridge University as well as Jamaican, Greek and Latin at Oxford. People have told me to become a linguist as I have a natural flair for picking up languages quickly but Law is just... I don't know. Challenging. And who can say no to a challenge?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Welcome to TSR! I'm Tabitha

I'm taking: triple science, English Lang, English lit, maths, french, geography, music and RE! I'm also doing duke of Edinburgh

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    This is a lie; no one on TSR actually does anything but learning and revision and more learning.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just kidding, most of us here have lives outside of TSR and we're all very friendly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This encompasses the sarcasm and wittiness of TSR

Anyway where have you been your replies always come out of nowhere...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.