The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Time to try and dig for more articles on Gender Mainstreaming in Afghanistan and Sri Lanka...
username197472
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Of course! I had a few panics myself, but it can be done. (: just breathe, get your thoughts gathered and then get writing.
I was actually fine at undergrad and got 18,000 words with ease but my letters to get people to participate this time go unanswered.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
I was actually fine at undergrad and got 18,000 words with ease but my letters to get people to participate this time go unanswered.
anything we can help with? like a survey to answer?
username197472
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
anything we can help with? like a survey to answer?
Not unless you have any siblings who are 16 - 18 years old and can coerce them to fill it in Thank you for the offer though. It's much appreciated

http://goo.gl/forms/uNMMr9Avcy
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
Not unless you have any siblings who are 16 - 18 years old and can coerce them to fill it in Thank you for the offer though. It's much appreciated

http://goo.gl/forms/uNMMr9Avcy
Ah sorry I'm an only child. It's worth a post in the A-Level forum here
rayquaza17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally into the Easter Holidays! Four weeks off (to revise though)!!

I've also made the decision to leave my job in September (the start of 3rd year). I'll still be working when they are really stuck for someone, and hopefully be working during summer, but no longer will I be going there every Saturday for 11 hours!

The only reason I work now is to save money for a PhD, but my parents have said they will definitely be able to give me money towards it. Tough decision though, I've been there for four years now and I'll miss out on all of that spending money. :/
DasSnipez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally got an assignment that we knew was coming up.

Making a boardgame, this is going to be reaaallly hard.
shorttstuff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys :wavey:

Haven't posted in agesssss
Second term is going really quickly, my results from Jan weren't great so trying really hard this term mixed in with student radio and seeing my boyfriend the rest of my time I've been really busy! Next month I have to pick my modules which is so scary :eek: and decide what I want to do this summer because I'm just generally rubbish at not doing anythingggg :erm:

Hope you guys are all good :suith:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)
Hey guys :wavey:

Haven't posted in agesssss
Second term is going really quickly, my results from Jan weren't great so trying really hard this term mixed in with student radio and seeing my boyfriend the rest of my time I've been really busy! Next month I have to pick my modules which is so scary :eek: and decide what I want to do this summer because I'm just generally rubbish at not doing anythingggg :erm:

Hope you guys are all good :suith:

Posted from TSR Mobile
have to pick modules next week :eek:
shorttstuff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
have to pick modules next week :eek:
This is the one and only time I get to pick my modules and I'm so excited its ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm getting serious PhD envy at the moment, and have found some really, really cool sounding ones. Not sure if i'm getting my hopes up for something that might not be feasible for me How on earth do you know if you're up to doing something like that!?
TeaLeaves93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Working on my proposal for my MA application :woo: :eek:
Assessed presentation tomorrow
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'VE FINISHED MY DISSERTATION AHHHHHH.

Hand in date tomorrow.

I'm gonna be freeeeeeeee.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
I'VE FINISHED MY DISSERTATION AHHHHHH.

Hand in date tomorrow.

I'm gonna be freeeeeeeee.
Q:woo: any news from imperial?
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm having a bit of trouble getting started today. I felt great yesterday because I finished a piece of coursework 2 weeks before deadline, so I've freed up more time than I thought I'd have. It's wonderful because I was REALLY struggling for time before... but I think I got too excited, because now I'm back on my dissertation today. It's not THAT hard and I really enjoy it, I'm just struggling to push myself off into motion. I keep setting myself minimum word limits per day so I achieve something without pushing too hard. 450 words today isn't that much, but at the rate I'm going this morning it feels huge. Sigh. Blah.
Also I sent a draft of my first chapter to my supervisor last Saturday, he still hasn't replied. I know he's really busy, but I hope he makes time to read it and talk to me. I'd actually rather he just say he doesn't have time for it rather than be silent.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rejected my TFL place and now I can count down the days to Leeds
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my first semester 2 essay back today, saw I got 64 which I was disappointed about given I spent ages working on it. Expected some useful comments which could help me for the next one. Except it was all content specific, with lots more points I should have thought about despite having written 2700 words for a 2500 word essay. And of course nothing about what I should have cut out.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Super happy. Diss. supervisor isn't annoyed with me pissing off for like 2 months so I can just write away at my own speed now woo!

Also, I love spontaneous things. Me and my friends all went to get piercings 2 days ago on a whim :awesome:. Because I'm a fail I only got my helix and auricle done, though. Not brave enough for my nose or something on my face, but it was fun. Andddddd it's St Paddy's tomorrow <3. Working it in Limers then getting bloot after, can't wait.

Oh yeah and my bf is literally making me so so happy and he's actually waaaaay out of my league. Crazy feelings and stuff are happening. This is new for me. Welp.
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
2000 words essay written for Thursday, just need to go over it!

started the problem solving for molecular!

still haven't had any marks back for this semester :sad:
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
2000 words essay written for Thursday, just need to go over it!

started the problem solving for molecular!

still haven't had any marks back for this semester :sad:
well done on getting the essay done already!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise