Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    How likely do you think it is to be able to transfer to Chemical Engineering after 1st year NatSci?
    It's possible
    https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/admiss...-engineering-0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How likely do you think it is to be able to transfer to Chemical Engineering after 1st year NatSci?
    My DoS said to us that as long as you get the equivalent of a 2.i it's no problem to switch.

ReputationRep:
    Chrome won't let me open it :lol: it's unsafe

I know it's possible and people do it, was j wondering how likely, but it seems it's easy enough to do
    (Original post by alow)
    My DoS said to us that as long as you get the equivalent of a 2.i it's no problem to switch.
    Ah cool! Nice to know option is open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Just got an email from future supervisor saying that I should drop any A-levels not included in my offer and now I'm conflicted arghh
    We're literally a week away from finishing the content but I think I might have to (
    How come you can drop stuff now? I wanted to drop one of mine that's not in my offer and my school said that I couldn't since it would show up as an X on my report or something? I'll probably ask them again cause I really don't want to do it... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    How come you can drop stuff now? I wanted to drop one of mine that's not in my offer and my school said that I couldn't since it would show up as an X on my report or something? I'll probably ask them again cause I really don't want to do it... :/
    Not sure what you're school is talking about lol, it's your choice if you want to drop a subject, just make sure you get it sorted before it's too close to the exams.

I would email UCAS and your admissions tutor though, to notify them that you're dropping.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    It would be a whole palava but I'd be allowed to in the end. It would only show up as an X if you didn't notify the exam boards and failed to turn up to the exam?
    Def possible my friend dropped her 4th subject just last week
    Which subject are you wanting to drop?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Chrome won't let me open it :lol: it's unsafe

I know it's possible and people do it, was j wondering how likely, but it seems it's easy enough to do
    Yeah Christ's certificate has a problem on mobile but seems ok on desktop... lol. Click advanced and you can override it. BTW the DoS interviewed my son - he said he was a nice chap

ReputationRep:
    It would be a whole palava but I'd be allowed to in the end. It would only show up as an X if you didn't notify the exam boards and failed to turn up to the exam?
    Def possible my friend dropped her 4th subject just last week
    Which subject are you wanting to drop?
    Thanks, I'll try to talk to the exams officer about it. Spanish, it's my native language (I live in Spain) and our school kinda forces us to do it, but I really don't want to prepare the oral debate thingy and the written is on the same day as my chemistry exam, so I'll probably get stressed about it xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BVN)
    Thanks, I'll try to talk to the exams officer about it. Spanish, it's my native language (I live in Spain) and our school kinda forces us to do it, but I really don't want to prepare the oral debate thingy and the written is on the same day as my chemistry exam, so I'll probably get stressed about it xD
    U could just not revise and not turn up for the exam, what can they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    U could just not revise and not turn up for the exam, what can they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is very bad practice.

Even if your offer doesn't specify a subject and you could still meet the requirements without doing it, if you said you were doing a subject and then don't you have technically changed the information on which your offer was made.

Always check with the admissions tutors beforehand, most of the time they're very accommodating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    This is very bad practice.

Even if your offer doesn't specify a subject and you could still meet the requirements without doing it, if you said you were doing a subject and then don't you have technically changed the information on which your offer was made.

Always check with the admissions tutors beforehand, most of the time they're very accommodating.
    They still get an A level in it. But they would still get a cashed in grade just be awarded with a grade U or E/D if they did well at AS. I dropped a subject but I did tell them and they were fone about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They still get an A level in it. But they would still get a cashed in grade just be awarded with a grade U or E/D if they did well at AS. I dropped a subject but I did tell them and they were fone about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Getting a U/E/D is not going to look great on applications to jobs after university.

That's the point I am making, always phone up or email and speak to the admissions tutors. They're usually helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a U/E/D is not going to look great on applications to jobs after university.

That's the point I am making, always phone up or email and speak to the admissions tutors. They're usually helpful.
    True Lol. Would we have to list it though ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True Lol. Would we have to list it though ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe you could omit it from your CV, but not from application forms as it would be seen on your A-Level certificates.

ReputationRep:
    I believe you could omit it from your CV, but not from application forms as it would be seen on your A-Level certificates.
    Oh yh it would, unless that subject is a complete different board. My D in chemistry AS will kot do me well 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not saying people should, but it won't show up on a level certificates if it's a U or if it's a different exam board to others.

You'd need a B or less to get a U overall without sitting a2 exams. If you got an A at AS it'll be at least an E.

If you got 100%, a D.

ReputationRep:
    Almost 4 months til results day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Almost 4 months til results day...
    BUT 6 months till we arrive in cambridge

ReputationRep:
    BUT 6 months till we arrive in cambridge
    Apparently you posted this on New Year's Day, 1970 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Apparently you posted this on New Year's Day, 1970 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lmao the tsr app is A+ :lol:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.