Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was having trouble reading the postcard,but it was a nice touch nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey i have been offered a place at hwsf an i just wanted to know how some of the students find school on saturdays. I would appreciate total honesty please. Dont worry about putting me off, I'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I find school on Saturdays perfectly normal, because I had it my whole life. Don't worry, you'll get used to it very quickly.
    And school on Saturdays means more holidays, so... yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shado.)
    anyone else got 30th of june? :s
    I got June 30th, but I'm not sure I can even make it then, which is quite sad tbh because I was looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    You can have them reschedule it for a different day, that's what my friend did as her prom is on that day

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

by any chance- is anyone going to take/ is taking/ had taken A level Geography at HWSF? If so, how are you finding the course? x

ReputationRep:
    Hey i have applied for HWSF this year, i'm reaalllly nervous about how the exams are going to be like. I chose Biology and French for the exams. Do you have any tips on how to prepare?? after the exams do you still get a respond from HWSF even if didn't qualify?? How much do you think they take your predicited grades into consideration?? sorry if i have asked too many questions xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limona_xx)
    Hey i have applied for HWSF this year, i'm reaalllly nervous about how the exams are going to be like. I chose Biology and French for the exams. Do you have any tips on how to prepare?? after the exams do you still get a respond from HWSF even if didn't qualify?? How much do you think they take your predicited grades into consideration?? sorry if i have asked too many questions xx
    i did the french exam and it was really hard! there's a translation (couple sentences), reading comprehension and mini essay and i was really pushed for time. to practise i'd recommend learning a bit of vocab and doing the example paper online but it's designed to look for your potential, so it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. i don't know about biology but for the sciences, there is a bit where you specify which exam board you're doing so they can take into account specification differences while marking.

you get an email regardless of whether you got through to interviews or not, although i'm sure you will. predicted grades aren't taken into consideration at all (at least i don't think so), as long as you're on track for As, and ace the interview/exams, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    i did the french exam and it was really hard! there's a translation (couple sentences), reading comprehension and mini essay and i was really pushed for time. to practise i'd recommend learning a bit of vocab and doing the example paper online but it's designed to look for your potential, so it doesn't have to be absolutely perfect. i don't know about biology but for the sciences, there is a bit where you specify which exam board you're doing so they can take into account specification differences while marking.

you get an email regardless of whether you got through to interviews or not, although i'm sure you will. predicted grades aren't taken into consideration at all (at least i don't think so), as long as you're on track for As, and ace the interview/exams, you'll be fine
    Do you like it at Harris? would you recommend it comparison to other good 6th forms??
    If you get accepted and you meet the entry requirements of at least 6Bs and A grades in the subjects you're taking would they directly accept you or do they accept the people who got the best grades as in only a*/ a?
    thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limona_xx)
    Do you like it at Harris? would you recommend it comparison to other good 6th forms??
    If you get accepted and you meet the entry requirements of at least 6Bs and A grades in the subjects you're taking would they directly accept you or do they accept the people who got the best grades as in only a*/ a?
    thanks for your reply
    I do like it here, but you have to be a specific type of person to enjoy it as it's so demanding (saturday school 😶).. but i enjoy all the extra opportunities we get and the extracurriculars built into the timetable. obviously i have no other experience of sixth form life but this is the place to be if you're determined to get good grades, as the teachers will push you to do so. it's hard work, but we get longer holidays so it kinda works out haha
    if you meet the requirements you're in, regardless. in saying that, most people i know have a sizeable number (around 5+) of A*s but it isn't a problem if you don't. even if you don't meet the requirements you'll probably still be allowed to go, maybe just through different subjects or on the condition you don't fail the first assessment or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Dude , you know that they have school on saturdays right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    I do like it here, but you have to be a specific type of person to enjoy it as it's so demanding (saturday school 😶).. but i enjoy all the extra opportunities we get and the extracurriculars built into the timetable. obviously i have no other experience of sixth form life but this is the place to be if you're determined to get good grades, as the teachers will push you to do so. it's hard work, but we get longer holidays so it kinda works out haha
    if you meet the requirements you're in, regardless. in saying that, most people i know have a sizeable number (around 5+) of A*s but it isn't a problem if you don't. even if you don't meet the requirements you'll probably still be allowed to go, maybe just through different subjects or on the condition you don't fail the first assessment or something like that
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the entrance exam on Saturday ??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.