Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kad7422)
    Can someone go through selective reabsorption can't get my head around it
    My teacher said to think of it like this. You have a drawer full of many things, but you only need to take out certain things and keep some in the drawer. So it is easier to take everything out and then the things that are needed are placed back into the drawer. Same is with the kidneys, where the glucose and other needed items are returned to the blood but the unwanted items are excreted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonieskellie)
    How much do we need to know about the evidence for chemiosmosis? I've just learnt what was in the CGP revision guide about PH difference, artificial vesicles, alkaline mitochondria and uncouplers? is that ok, and do you think much is likely to come up about it?
    Every in this thread seems be stressing about this, but the spec says 'evaluate the evidence for chemiosmosis' so it will have to be something where they give us evidence and we then answer with what the evidence suggests.

Does no one else agree with me on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tewas)
    In anaerobic respiration glycolysis takes place which generates small amounts of ATP for protein synthesis/muscle contraction etc since there is no oxygen for the final hydrogen/electron acceptor so links, krebs and ox phos don't take place, however in aerobic respiration not only does glycolysis take place but also oxidative phosphorylation and Kreb's cycle generate ATP through chemiosmosis etc
    what are the products of the L.D stage of photosynthesis ? 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prof moriartress)
    Hello mr biotom. Do you think it's necessary to revise AS material in preparation for synoptic questions?
    Honestly, it is good to know but don't actually spend time revising an AS topic unless it comes up at A2 and you don't understand it. For example, if you are revising the loop of henle you need to know about transport across membranes, if you don't know this then go back and revise it but otherwise don't worry. The synoptic questions will not come straight from an AS textbook. They will be A2 topics which require AS knowledge so you should be able to tell what knowledge is needed from the A2 topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hilton184)
    Every in this thread seems be stressing about this, but the spec says 'evaluate the evidence for chemiosmosis' so it will have to be something where they give us evidence and we then answer with what the evidence suggests.

Does no one else with me on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been thinking the exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLegalDealer)
    what are the products of the L.D stage of photosynthesis ? 3 marks
    - ATP
    - NADPH
    - Oxygen

ReputationRep:
    I'm still revising!! I'm so screwed guys!! Is there any particular topics I should revise thoroughly that are most likely to come up. I haven't even tried to attempt a paper yet!! And don't get me started with F215 and Chem F214

I did this for AS unit 2 as well, I revised literally on my way to school and did no exam papers what so ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tewas)
    - ATP
    - NADPH
    - Oxygen
    what adaptations do chloroplasts have for it to function properly ?

ReputationRep:
    How does stacking thylakoids to form grana increases the surface area? Looking at diagrams it looks like there is less surface area when stacked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for tomorrows paper?

ReputationRep:
    Which past papers should I do mainly? If time I will do all, but what's best to focus on...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain question 4a and and 4b part Iv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    I'm still revising!! I'm so screwed guys!! Is there any particular topics I should revise thoroughly that are most likely to come up. I haven't even tried to attempt a paper yet!! And don't get me started with F215 and Chem F214

I did this for AS unit 2 as well, I revised literally on my way to school and did no exam papers what so ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just do past papers and read through the book, you need exam practice. Exam technique is half the battle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffledchick)
    Which past papers should I do mainly? If time I will do all, but what's best to focus on...
    Jan 2010 is quite difficult, as are June 2011 and June 2013. Honestly I'd just try to do all of them. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen_Hassan)
    Jan 2010 is quite difficult, as are June 2011 and June 2013. Honestly I'd just try to do all of them. Good luck!
    Okay thanks, are they all available on biotutor? Do you think they aid revision? I'll try go over my notes and then start past papers. Best of luck to you too These papers can be so tricky, some years the grade boundaries between an A and a C are only a few marks and other years they make more sense!

ReputationRep:
    Any topics people think are most likely to come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the importnce of photosynthetic pigments in photosynthesis??????????????

ReputationRep:
    Explain the countercurrent multiplier mechanism and why it's useful.

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain to me how an A.P, is transmitted along a non-myleinated neurone ? Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

does a high RQ like carbohydrates indicate more o2 consumed than co2 given off or is it less o2 consumed than given off??

help!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.