Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've still not heard anything. It's getting beyond a joke. Haven't even got any idea about location so I might not even be able to take the job anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Hey just to answer your questions about london, i received an email with some details about it, people will be placed into two different groups, some will attened the 14th/15th September induction and others the 17th/18th September induction both dates however need to be free for all fast trackers as they will be placing everyone into those two sets of dates. At least thats what i made out from my email with that info on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutter_butter93)
    I've still not heard anything. It's getting beyond a joke. Haven't even got any idea about location so I might not even be able to take the job anyway!
    Where have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To the people who are on the Finance framework, where have you all been posted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelishe)
    Hey just to answer your questions about london, i received an email with some details about it, people will be placed into two different groups, some will attened the 14th/15th September induction and others the 17th/18th September induction both dates however need to be free for all fast trackers as they will be placing everyone into those two sets of dates. At least thats what i made out from my email with that info on.
    great thanks, so it seems Ill be getting a few days away from Manchester then and enjoy a few days in London!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habanna)
    Where have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's Business admin in the Newcastle, Washington and Darlington hub. But I currently live in Newcastle so not sure travelling to darlington would be worth it! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucydrysdale)
    Been posted on Facebook that Nadine will not be replying to any emails this week as she is finalising those who still need a department. If you have not heard a department or rough location, assume she is prioritising you and you may hear this week or if not will definitely be next.
    I received an email from here email address but later found out someone else is emailing on her behalf as she isn't available this week, I hope that's not because she is on leave and that its actually because she is working hard on sorting this mess out!

ReputationRep:
    I've recieved an email yesterday stating that I have been placed in the MoJ and that I'll be working for one of the executive agencies - the National Offender Managment Service. Also got a phone call this morning asking me to go down next Friday to hand in my vetting forms and have a tour. Still yet to find out my actual role, salary and start date but I feel relieved that I finally know a bit more! Lucky that I've been placed exactly where I wanted too! Hopefully you all start hearing back from your departments soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnie118)
    great thanks, so it seems Ill be getting a few days away from Manchester then and enjoy a few days in London!
    Yeah it should be good it also says on mine that my department pays for the hotel but nothing about travel. So presume thats the same for others as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleWills)
    I've recieved an email yesterday stating that I have been placed in the MoJ and that I'll be working for one of the executive agencies - the National Offender Managment Service. Also got a phone call this morning asking me to go down next Friday to hand in my vetting forms and have a tour. Still yet to find out my actual role, salary and start date but I feel relieved that I finally know a bit more! Lucky that I've been placed exactly where I wanted too! Hopefully you all start hearing back from your departments soon
    that sounds so exciting! Which framework did you apply for? Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutter_butter93)
    that sounds so exciting! Which framework did you apply for? Congrats
    Thank you! I'll be doing business admin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelishe)
    Yeah it should be good it also says on mine that my department pays for the hotel but nothing about travel. So presume thats the same for others as well.
    oh excellent, just hope I get more info soon then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFellaW)
    To the people who are on the Finance framework, where have you all been posted?
    I have been posted to MoD in High Wycombe, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    I recieved an email yesterday, with my pre-employment checks to fill in and my location, department and starting salary.
    I business admin, DWP in Newcastle in Fraud, error and debt.

Hope everyone hears back soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarajs)
    I have been posted to MoD in High Wycombe, how about you?
    Out of interest did you put London as your preffered location?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnie118)
    are those the salaries for fast trackers though? I hope so
    Yes they are; Fast Trackers get placed into the "EO" category, unlike Fast Streamers there is no additional bracket.

The data provided is actually the 2010 figures, since then the pay has increased by 1.5%; By multiplying by 1.015 on the figures provided should give an accurate measure of what the 2015 starting pay will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habanna)
    Out of interest did you put London as your preffered location?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I originally put South West and was offered a role there. But then the position got withdrawn so they asked if I was happy with Milton Keynes! Are you finance?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there are appearance standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshsolman)
    Does anyone know if there are appearance standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I currently work in HMRC on the surge team and our dress code is smart with no jeans or trainers or anything, but most of the other staff are in jeans. I think it depends entirely on your department and Fast track is a grade higher than what I am atm so I would assume you'd be expected to be smart for an EO.

ReputationRep:
    Bit worried now, when i attended my appointment last Friday for HMRC in Manchester, i was told I'd receive an email around Tuesday to do an online DBS check along with some other info. Its now Thursday and I've received nothing, the email i have for the person i dealt with in going unanswered (i think the person i meet with said she was away for 2 weeks from Monday) and the number i have simply states "we are sorry the call did not go through".

I've got no idea who to email or who to call regarding this, not sure what to do now, as said I've sent an email to the address i was given initially just in case someone else is monitoring it while the person i spoke with is away - so i hope someone gets to it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.