Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Track isn't down?

I can't log in... 'access denied' is what I keep getting. Will have to ring them.

ReputationRep:
    I was unsuccessful for one, i declined an interview for another and these have offered me a conditional place, meaning I can now accept it before I even interview?!
    That's strange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyo123)
    That's strange!
    On the conditions page it does say one of the conditions is a satisfactory interview. But still, odd right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolineherts)
    I've been doing the practice QTS tests on the DofE website- I'm passing the literacy with no problem but the maths is stumping me.. I haven't really done any 'proper' maths since GCSE though which was 5 years ago whereas my degree is in English so have been practicing my spelling grammar and punctuation almost non-stop!
    Yeah I'm the same! I've passed all the tests on the DofE website but only JUST passed them so I'm worried about the real thing, especially considering my friend told me they're trialling harder ones!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a silly question but have you left lines between paragraphs on your personal statement? I'm struggling with the character/line count!..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    Yeah I'm the same! I've passed all the tests on the DofE website but only JUST passed them so I'm worried about the real thing, especially considering my friend told me they're trialling harder ones!
    I paid and bought 20 more tests from ' numeracy ready' '. Money well spent. its excellent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    Harder tests have lower pass marks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here got onto a course at Exeter Uni?
    I'm doing Secondary PE there next year hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Got my first interview tomorrow and another on Wednesday. I'm feeling pretty prepared, got my presentation ready but I'm still really nervous. Anyone got any last minute words of advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    I got an oxford interview.
    Wow, fantastic! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tango*)
    Wow, fantastic! Good luck.
    How did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    On the conditions page it does say one of the conditions is a satisfactory interview. But still, odd right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subject are you applying for? If it is one of those that are almost full, the reason could be that as soon as they give you an offer, they have that place 'safe'. It's because the allocation of places has changed this year and as soon as there are enough offers in the country, the providers have to stop recruiting. So if a uni is not quick enough, it can end up with no places at all.
    (Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly enough, sorry).

ReputationRep:
    Not 2016 but hopefully 2019/2020 when I'll be 22 FE though not Primary/Secondary education.

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go?
    I got a place!

The presentation part went better than I expected, the writing task was ok, but the interview was really long. They kept asking questions for about an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I got a place!

The presentation part went better than I expected, the writing task was ok, but the interview was really long. They kept asking questions for about an hour.
    Congrats!!

Did they already tell you the result?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!

Did they already tell you the result?
    Thank you.
    Yes, they did. I was still at school when the interviewers were leaving so they just told me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldfishgirl)
    Rang them up, they said it was a mistake on the form and I still have to wait until all my offers have come in. Phew!

Now to start worrying about my KCL interview tomorrow...
    Have you got the science/maths interview in KCL tomorrow? I have that one, soo nervous!

ReputationRep:
    What subject are you applying for? If it is one of those that are almost full, the reason could be that as soon as they give you an offer, they have that place 'safe'. It's because the allocation of places has changed this year and as soon as there are enough offers in the country, the providers have to stop recruiting. So if a uni is not quick enough, it can end up with no places at all.
    (Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly enough, sorry).
    That makes sense. I've applied for Primary PGCE. So they are making that place safe in general and not safe for me then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense. I've applied for Primary PGCE. So they are making that place safe in general and not safe for me then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you do well in the interview, then it's yours, but if not, they can reject you as one of the conditions won't be met and then the place could go to somebody else.
    I think there is a lot of 'politics' in the interview business this year.
    But I'm sure you'll do well Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabuloussam_)
    Got my first interview tomorrow and another on Wednesday. I'm feeling pretty prepared, got my presentation ready but I'm still really nervous. Anyone got any last minute words of advice?
    Are you interviewing at UCL tomorrow? My presentation is not very well prepared so starting to worry a bit haha..

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.