Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelleM143)
    Yes definitely!!! Eeeekkkk so excited XD I mean the email from the uni saying congratulations because I've only got the UCAS one and I panicked when I first saw it and then I went on track and there they were :P
    So you've been up on an open day too then??
    Oh no I haven't got that yet for some reason, I got my offer at like 6PM so I must give them some time to send a congratulations one They might even send us a package or something I saw the UCAS thing and I was like "Ooh how interesting" haha

I haven't actually been to the open day at all because it's quite far but the course is literally perfect for me so all I need to see now is the accommodation and the town center - are you gonna choose self catered? We'll be in the same campus too so the accommodation we have a possibility of being flatmates! ahha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    Oh no I haven't got that yet for some reason, I got my offer at like 6PM so I must give them some time to send a congratulations one They might even send us a package or something I saw the UCAS thing and I was like "Ooh how interesting" haha

I haven't actually been to the open day at all because it's quite far but the course is literally perfect for me so all I need to see now is the accommodation and the town center - are you gonna choose self catered? We'll be in the same campus too so the accommodation we have a possibility of being flatmates! ahha!
    I got my offers at around 6pm too!!:P
    Ahh you're going to love it when you go to the applicants day XD honestly loved it so much, they have a whole new centre just for Chinese, it's on their newest and most modern campus, called Jubilee, which is awesome
    And yep I'm going for self-catered too there's a self-catered residence hall called Raleigh Park, it's literally a 10 minute walk from Jubilee campus, so that's my first choice of accommodation

ReputationRep:
    I got my offers at around 6pm too!!:P
    Ahh you're going to love it when you go to the applicants day XD honestly loved it so much, they have a whole new centre just for Chinese, it's on their newest and most modern campus, called Jubilee, which is awesome
    And yep I'm going for self-catered too there's a self-catered residence hall called Raleigh Park, it's literally a 10 minute walk from Jubilee campus, so that's my first choice of accommodation
    Maybe they sent out all their Contemporary Chinese Studies decisions today Oh yeah I saw that we would be in the Jubilee campus! It looks really good!

I was just looking at Raleigh Park! It looks really good so I was gonna choose there! - Would you choose the Ensuite?, my second choice would be St. Peter's Court ahah (as long as there's wifi)

ReputationRep:
    Oh I haven't considered a second option, but now that you mention it St. Peters looks great and its still quite close to Jubilee When I looked around Raleigh I saw the non-ensuite apartment with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and I really liked it, but having my own bathroom would be great so I'm still considering it :P it would be amazing if we're in the same accommodation too XD aaahhh so much to sort out and decide!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I haven't considered a second option, but now that you mention it St. Peters looks great and its still quite close to Jubilee When I looked around Raleigh I saw the non-ensuite apartment with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and I really liked it, but having my own bathroom would be great so I'm still considering it :P it would be amazing if we're in the same accommodation too XD aaahhh so much to sort out and decide!!!
    Yeah! I really need ensuite, I sit on the loo for like 50 minutes playing flappy bird :lol: - If we were in the same accomodation it would be actually hilarious! I wonder how they assign it though, because there's always people that do the same-ish course as you

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god hahahaa I thought I was bad at doing that XD I know right, I think there's an element of first come first serve, and you have to mention your likes and dislikes as well so they can put you with people that they think would be most compatible with you...maybe we should write each others names down or something so they get the hint ;D

ReputationRep:
    Just received my first offer(s) for both Linguistics and the English Language & Creative Studies and English Language courses at Bangor! Soooooo happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    Damn some of you have been waiting for over a month and still not had offers. I guess I was too optimistic checking Track 3 hours after it had been sent off...
    Literally I know how you feel! Every time I get a new email I panic!! I got an offer the day after submitting, so I presumed they were all that fast.. But my friend sent hers off for the October deadline and has only heard from 3 of hers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njmartin1)
    I sent my UCAS off yesterday, got acknowledgements this morning from Manchester and Plymouth and received offers from both this evening! Chuffed
    I have an offer from Plymouth too! What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god hahahaa I thought I was bad at doing that XD I know right, I think there's an element of first come first serve, and you have to mention your likes and dislikes as well so they can put you with people that they think would be most compatible with you...maybe we should write each others names down or something so they get the hint ;D
    Definitely put down the same likes and dislikes then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    And learn to read and write Chinese for 3 years :woohoo: - Yay! Is Nottingham going to be your firm? What grades are they offering?
    Not too sure yet. I'm still waiting to hear from other unis but it may be my insurance. They've made a conditional offer for 32 in IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koweja)
    Sent my application for Biochem off on the 25th and got offers from Queen's University Belfast on the 27th, and from Newcastle today
    Still waiting on Nottingham, Sheffield and Swansea. Has anyone applied for Biochem at those unis, and how long has it taken to get an offer?
    Hello! I've applied for biochem at sheffield too, 2 days ago, but I've only gotten an acknowledgement email yesterday. Congrats on your offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S E L A W Z)
    I got an offer from QUB within a week
    Which subject was that for? I applied for English three weeks ago and I'm now only waiting for QUB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristynjade96)
    Sent mine off for Law today for Nottingham Trent, Sheffield, Lincoln, Sheffield Hallam and then Law with Criminology at Nottingham Trent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni of Lincoln for the win! I turned down hallams offer

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 2 weeks after sending my application, I have offers from Warwick, Cardiff and Aston. Hope Bath will send me one before Christmas too. I don't expect to hear back from Strathclyde before Jan/Feb to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni of Lincoln for the win! I turned down hallams offer
    I haven't got any offers yet, but I'm torn between Lincoln and Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khern)
    Hello! I've applied for biochem at sheffield too, 2 days ago, but I've only gotten an acknowledgement email yesterday. Congrats on your offers!
    Thank you! what other unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristynjade96)
    I haven't got any offers yet, but I'm torn between Lincoln and Nottingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lincoln is a lot more friendly and the university has a better campus IMO but Nottingham had the reputation, which did you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    1 week down. I have 0 offers. YAAAAAAY

ReputationRep:
    PLS Give me an offer Bristol....

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.