Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_12345)
    If you begin a cover letter with Dear X recruitment team, do you sign it with yours sincerely or faithfully. ?
    I signed one with sincerely and online it says unless you have the specific name, do faithfully?
    I always do faithfully although I agree that these cover letters will be screened so quickly probably no one will notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you begin a cover letter with Dear X recruitment team, do you sign it with yours sincerely or faithfully. ?
    I signed one with sincerely and online it says unless you have the specific name, do faithfully?
    Yeah as Comm says, nobody actually reads your cover letter. It's just to deter lazy people from shooting their CV out to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how long DB usually take to get back to you after completing the numerical test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewiskh97)
    Did you manage to sort this out? I'm having the same problem, I can't use the email I used to apply for spring weeks last year.
    They replied a couple of days ago telling me "make sure you're using our new portal. If any other problem arises, let us know".

I replied again to them on the same day that I was using the right portal and everything but still I had that issue. No further reply yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I always do faithfully although I agree that these cover letters will be screened so quickly probably no one will notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's lucky then, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know good resources to find past deals banks have worked on?

I've been watching the M&A thing on Reuters and have FT, but struggling to find previous deals

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know good resources to find past deals banks have worked on?

I've been watching the M&A thing on Reuters and have FT, but struggling to find previous deals
    Same issue here. My mate used to let me use his Merger Market subscription but its expired now. If you can get access to it, by far the best resource going.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Lazard situational judgement and haven't received verbal/numerical invites yet. Is it a bad sign or does it usually take a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    Just finished Lazard situational judgement and haven't received verbal/numerical invites yet. Is it a bad sign or does it usually take a while?
    they wait to send out the verbal after you complete the sjt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Same issue here. My mate used to let me use his Merger Market subscription but its expired now. If you can get access to it, by far the best resource going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just took a look; it looks expensive haha. i would of thought they'd want to advertise their deals as a selling point

ReputationRep:
    This probably won't generate a response but has anyone received a rejection after completing MS tests?

I feel as thought they take everything into consideration and do not have a threshold. And if they do, they don't reject you until they've finished recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flourish RY)
    they wait to send out the verbal after you complete the sjt
    How long after you completed the SJT did you receive the verbal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the UBS Trading interview today? How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    How long after you completed the SJT did you receive the verbal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i did the verbal on a saturday,

got the invite to the verbal sunday morning.

ReputationRep:
    on the MS IBD/GCM application where is asks you to list up to 6 groups, is it better to choose less or choose all 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe29)
    on the MS IBD/GCM application where is asks you to list up to 6 groups, is it better to choose less or choose all 6?
    I have v little experience and no idea what they'd want, but in my app I listed five areas of particular interest then just put the 'I'd be happy anywhere option at the end'. Seemed reasonable at the time.

(Original post by dasu95)
    This probably won't generate a response but has anyone received a rejection after completing MS tests?

I feel as thought they take everything into consideration and do not have a threshold. And if they do, they don't reject you until they've finished recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't feel like my test went brill but I haven't been rejected yet. I vaguely remember someone posted several dozen pages back saying they were rejected after three days though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)
    good luck. hope yours went well

ReputationRep:
    Do you get confirmation of pass or fail the test after you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Do you get confirmation of pass or fail the test after you do it?
    No confirmation, just invite to interview

ReputationRep:
    No confirmation, just invite to interview
    sick, phone or e-mail and if you got one may i ask how long after you submitted test?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.