Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't number 24) 100 not -100 unless you just meant it as a dash rather than a negative sign

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses on the grade boundaries for this paper? thanks. I know no one will know for sure but an estimate would be great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
    Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100
    49-53/100. Happy.Could do more if I haven't run out of time though. Annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejameskilleen)
    Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks
    Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    Aw! Yeah I wished I didn't do decimals that way I would have got it right but oh well hopefully we'll get one mark!
    Do you get a mark for putting
    3.5 x 10^?
    --------------
    5 x 10^?
    I put = X 10^8
    I knew the x 10 bit but didn't know what was the first number. I tried working it out on the side of the page..
    ----
    Then tried putting extra one in for all to see if it add up to 3.5 and it went on for ages...😐 Gave up after 10 minutes, luckily I had extra time so I finished others, couldn't do the last 3 questions and some questions so I left some working outs to hopefully earn at least 1 or 2 marks.
    All together I think I got 49 to 53 marks. Hopefully I'll doreally good on on the calculator paper and boost to maybe a A or a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'll create a foundation one here too.
    Wher is the foundation one

ReputationRep:
    Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?
    That doesn't sound right. Y = -2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arifmumin)
    Wher is the foundation one
    If someone can link me the paper, I can knock together a quick one for you guys if you want.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=34908seikj;65215449]Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3[/QUO

Cheers for that mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsypol)
    does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?
    harder than non calc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanu1999)
    either C or B
    Must be 'B'!!!

ReputationRep:
    Could you do a foundation one pleaseeee

ReputationRep:
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    That doesn't sound right. Y = -2
    I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?
    Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    68/100 is most probably an A, but a low one. To get an A*, you would need about 95+ on the second paper unless the grade boundaries are extremely low. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .
    Is the calc meant to be harder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.
    well that's what the unofficial mark scheme from the teacher has is at. I can't remember what I put down for it now. You might be right though

The coordinates of P are 5,7 and M is 1,2.5

So Qx = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2
    x=-3

Qy = 7+y/2 = 2.5
    7+y = 5
    y = -2

Therefore the coordinates of Q are -3, -2

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.