Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't number 24) 100 not -100 unless you just meant it as a dash rather than a negative sign

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses on the grade boundaries for this paper? thanks. I know no one will know for sure but an estimate would be great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
    Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100
    49-53/100. Happy.Could do more if I haven't run out of time though. Annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejameskilleen)
    Hi, could i get some help on Question 18, what did that involve again? Thanks
    Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    Aw! Yeah I wished I didn't do decimals that way I would have got it right but oh well hopefully we'll get one mark!
    Do you get a mark for putting
    3.5 x 10^?
    --------------
    5 x 10^?
    I put = X 10^8
    I knew the x 10 bit but didn't know what was the first number. I tried working it out on the side of the page..
    ----
    Then tried putting extra one in for all to see if it add up to 3.5 and it went on for ages...😐 Gave up after 10 minutes, luckily I had extra time so I finished others, couldn't do the last 3 questions and some questions so I left some working outs to hopefully earn at least 1 or 2 marks.
    All together I think I got 49 to 53 marks. Hopefully I'll doreally good on on the calculator paper and boost to maybe a A or a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    I'll create a foundation one here too.
    Wher is the foundation one

ReputationRep:
    Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?
    That doesn't sound right. Y = -2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arifmumin)
    Wher is the foundation one
    If someone can link me the paper, I can knock together a quick one for you guys if you want.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=34908seikj;65215449]Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3[/QUO

Cheers for that mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsypol)
    does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?
    harder than non calc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanu1999)
    either C or B
    Must be 'B'!!!

ReputationRep:
    Could you do a foundation one pleaseeee

ReputationRep:
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    That doesn't sound right. Y = -2
    I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?
    Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    68/100 is most probably an A, but a low one. To get an A*, you would need about 95+ on the second paper unless the grade boundaries are extremely low. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .
    Is the calc meant to be harder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.
    well that's what the unofficial mark scheme from the teacher has is at. I can't remember what I put down for it now. You might be right though

The coordinates of P are 5,7 and M is 1,2.5

So Qx = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2
    x=-3

Qy = 7+y/2 = 2.5
    7+y = 5
    y = -2

Therefore the coordinates of Q are -3, -2

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.