Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I'm not sure mate, I just seen PQ say that medicine was in clearing at St. George's
    It must be the one that's in the Caribbean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    fair enough but I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't need it either way
    Cheers mate! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    It must be the one that's in the Caribbean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Caribbean sounds nice haha, albeit not economically viable

ReputationRep:
    Its definitely not the one in the Caribbean - http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

ReputationRep:
    HELP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The fortune teller predicts excellent results for all of you :ahee:

goodluck yr12s and 13s :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    HELP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IT'S GONNA BE OKAY, FRIEND.
    (are you okay?)

ReputationRep:
    Since PQ informed me that medicine applications dropped 15% this year and St. George's is in clearing haha
    Well this is a game changer... Interesting

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Apologies for intruding on your conversation however, I have a question. If I get rejected by newcastle for medicine, is it possible to get into St. George's through clearing? (As they have medicine in clearing) OR are you only allowed to try and enter 1 medical school per annual intake? For example, if I get A*AB (Chem, geography and biology) and Newcastle reject me, is there a possibility St. George's can still accept me? Is it purely the universities choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you end up in clearing then you can enquire for any course. It's likely SGUL will be after people who failed to get any offers for med but still aced their exams but only they know what they're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    18 days
    :hoppy:
    :hifro:
    :horse:
    :bl:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone sent a link of the website where you can have a look at courses and unis in clearing?

(Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Its definitely not the one in the Caribbean - http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing
    Interesting. I tried my luck with phoning up Med Schools on results day a few years ago (I had no offers but got the grades) but I was told very quickly where to go. Hopefully this will help those in a similar position.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I tried my luck with phoning up Med Schools on results day a few years ago (I had no offers but got the grades) but I was told very quickly where to go. Hopefully this will help those in a similar position.
    Out of curiosity, did you end up doing medicine?

(Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Out of curiosity, did you end up doing medicine?
    Yeah, I'm about to start my second year now *

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm about to start my second year now *
    That's great, glad it all worked out for you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Apologies for intruding on your conversation however, I have a question. If I get rejected by newcastle for medicine, is it possible to get into St. George's through clearing? (As they have medicine in clearing) OR are you only allowed to try and enter 1 medical school per annual intake? For example, if I get A*AB (Chem, geography and biology) and Newcastle reject me, is there a possibility St. George's can still accept me? Is it purely the universities choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it is more likely that St georges will be accepting people who met the AAA requirements but who do not have any offers for medicine. I cannot say at this point but that is usually the case when medicine ends up in clearing (happened a few years back - cannot remember the med school mind) because they will have many candidate with no offers and achieved AAA or above, and hence they are more likely to chose those people over AAB or A*AB.

ReputationRep:
    fuk

ReputationRep:
    My firm is Liverpool (ABB)and insurance is Lincoln (BBB) for LLB Law at both.

Though my requirements are quite low I would be so gutted to miss out on Liverpool, even if all my exams went well.

No idea why I even chose Lincoln, visited it and found it quite nice. Should have chosen Warwick but had a bad experience when I visited it and couldn't see my self studying in such a dull environment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    I think it is more likely that St georges will be accepting people who met the AAA requirements but who do not have any offers for medicine. I cannot say at this point but that is usually the case when medicine ends up in clearing (happened a few years back - cannot remember the med school mind) because they will have many candidate with no offers and achieved AAA or above, and hence they are more likely to chose those people over AAB or A*AB.
    Ah cheers Natalie, that makes sense. Hopefully I don't find myself in that predicament

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked before but do edexcel release their excel ums converter document at the same time as releasing the grade boundaries?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.