Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I knew this would happen. I think it should be tried in a friendly, albeit for 30 minutes or when we're winning or something. There's no harm in looking at what players do at their respective clubs and try and replicate that for England. Sometimes it's different - Joe Cole on one wing for club, the other for country etc.

I'd be suprised if he played Joe Cole on one wing and Becks on the other.

Having said that, didn't he have 2 holding midfielders and a defence that were pratically banned from crossing the half way line at Real?

If that's the case and he does 4-2-3-1, it'd be understandable if he puts JOe Cole there and just asks him to shoot forward... hmm...

EDIT: Also, he played Becks as center mid at Real as well... man, i'm so looking forward to this game haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    I'd be suprised if he played Joe Cole on one wing and Becks on the other.

Having said that, didn't he have 2 holding midfielders and a defence that were pratically banned from crossing the half way line at Real?

If that's the case and he does 4-2-3-1, it'd be understandable if he puts JOe Cole there and just asks him to shoot forward... hmm...

EDIT: Also, he played Becks as center mid at Real as well... man, i'm so looking forward to this game haha.
    Me too! I just hope we don't put too much stock by it, its his first shot at putting together an international team.

I personally am confident he will do a fantastic job, but if he does **** this one up we've (the whole nation) got to stick by our man (for once)!

ReputationRep:
    i think capello will do a good job, he seems like hes doing his homework and he gives off this air of confidence and authority, which i never got from mclaren, and that's encouraging

ReputationRep:
    Well Capello will anounce his squad in a matter of hours now and accorsding to SkySports Beckham will be left out.

I for one hopes he gives youth a chance with the like of Agbonlahor set to be called up....however i hope him dropping Beckham and any other big names is purely based on football and not a PR a stunt which McClaren done and then had to eat humble pie by having to call him back.

I also hope he calls up Green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaW)
    Well Capello will anounce his squad in a matter of hours now and accorsding to SkySports Beckham will be left out.

I for one hopes he gives youth a chance with the like of Agbonlahor set to be called up....however i hope him dropping Beckham and any other big names is purely based on football and not a PR a stunt which McClaren done and then had to eat humble pie by having to call him back.

I also hope he calls up Green.
    A PR stunt would have been to include Beckham for the Swiss game. Anyway, Capello's not so cackhanded that he needs to do things like that. Apparently he's not ruling him out entirely, he's just concerned about his current fitness.

I remember reading an article by Graham Taylor, where he looked back on him subbing Linekar off when he could've equalled Charlton's record.

If Capello had left Becks out, then the media would've criticised him. If he had included him, the media would've said Capello has no backbone. However, nothing against Becks, but I for one am glad he's been left out. It's time to push forward with youngsters, not rely on older players with higher stock value.

ReputationRep:
    What a penis :nn: He should call him up into the initial 30 man squad, see the guys fitness for himself and then make a decision when he drops it down to 23

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to hear the squad. Quite frankly the fact he's not in it, means nothing, I'd like to know who is ****ing in it.

Bloody BBC!

ReputationRep:
    Only a few hours to wait I can't think of 30 players better than Beckham though. There will probably be every Englishman you can think of who has kicked a ball in the past month.

ReputationRep:
    He can still do a job for England, should be in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Only a few hours to wait I can't think of 30 players better than Beckham though. There will probably be every Englishman you can think of who has kicked a ball in the past month.
    Neither can Capello. That's why he hasn't ruled him out for the future. He just doesn't think he's quite up to fitness at the moment. Personally, I would have included him anyway. He could play ten minutes at the end and get his hundred. Although that would be a bit of an anti-climax

to be fair he hasnt played since november.
    doesnt he need to start to get the cap?

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't need to name thirty players better than David Beckham. Just two or three other options at right midfield, and four or five more in central midfield.

On the right, we could have David Bentley, Aaron Lennon's played there, Shaun Wright-Phillips there at the moment. Ashley Young, Joe Cole. James Milner?

In the middle, Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Owen Hargreaves. Michael Carrick? Jermaine Jenas (peculiarly a common pick of the last two managers)?

ReputationRep:
    I think only Bentley is playing better than Beckham atm.

I think his fitness is the main issue here though.

ReputationRep:
    bentley is doing the business for blackburn. it will be interesting to see what he does with the center mid. fat frank and stevie g are the most talentrd but it's almost as if they can't play together.

i agree with giving agbonlahor and rob green a chance. i also think ashley young is one for the future

ReputationRep:
    Fair play I say. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaW)
    I think only Bentley is playing better than Beckham atm.
    How can you say that when beckham isnt even playing atm

:stupid:

ReputationRep:
    Beckham should be in, and not just for sentimental value but because he could actually do a good job for England, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    How can you say that when beckham isnt even playing atm

:stupid:
    Well on his last few performances for England etc.

Do you have to nit pick everything?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    You'd have thought Capello will have had the time on his hands to actually go and see Beckham, even if it's just practising. Get an idea of his fitness and made a decision.

If it means Capello has a master plan and is actually going to get us somewhere, i'm going to back him all the way. Sod the media... where have they ever got us?
    I'd rather back Capello's judgement, Becks or no Becks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.