The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

kutob
Well I'm not really sure, but it is certainly true for engineering courses, as the officer informed me.

Ahh ok :]

Good luck to all those still waiting then :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1681
Well, since I've pretty much decided on LSE over Imperial, it's better for an Imperial firm-er to run this thread. I think LadyJaneGrey should do good a job so I've made her the OP (or rather, requested a global mod to do it).

It's been fun. Hopefully see some of you in London anyway.
Reply 1682
Swayum
Well, since I've pretty much decided on LSE over Imperial, it's better for an Imperial firm-er to run this thread. I think LadyJaneGrey should do good a job so I've made her the OP (or rather, requested a global mod to do it).

:zomg: TRAITOR! :rant:

Have fun at LSE I guess :colonhash:
Reply 1683
Swayum

OMGGGGGGGG WHA-HAAAAAAAAAAAT?! but but but, you joined the imperial facebook group!! and and and arghhhhhhh YOU CANT DO THIS!! :O
Nooooo sway!
I forgot to add one of the conditions of my offer. The institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes.
Reply 1686
fox_amro
I forgot to add one of the conditions of my offer. The institution regards you as overseas for fees purposes.

:zomg:

Sway, come back now!
Reply 1687
offer for maths
standard offer
Mithra
:zomg:

Sway, come back now!

Yeh i know, seems theyre a bit greedy :dry: Bristol and UCL sent me a fee assessment questionnaire with their offer and after i sent it to them they changed my status to home status :indiff:
Swayum

@Swayum: Noooooooooo! However it's your decision and I wish you the best of luck in LSE. Thanks for all you time and effort for starting and maintaining this thread. It's a shame I missed the opportunity to meet you and some other TSRers in Oxford last year (some sneaky pathogens managed to evade my immune system).

@Everyone: And now for something completely different, I don't suppose it's too premature to join the Imperial Fresher 2009 group?
I joined the facebooks groups already! I searched for them, and found more than one, and wasnt sure which to choose so I joined them all...
quantumphysicist91
Rejected from Imperial! It was expected, they don't accept my qualifications.

Couldn't care less though. Already decided on Cambridge (or Cornell if I don't make the grades, it's basically a lottery in our system).

What did you do?
Reply 1692
fox_amro

hey cant you send a copy of your documentation, proving you qualify for home fee status, so they change their decision?
quantumphysicist91
Rejected from Imperial! It was expected, they don't accept my qualifications.

Couldn't care less though. Already decided on Cambridge (or Cornell if I don't make the grades, it's basically a lottery in our system).

Oh no! Commiserations, but you'll have an amazing time at Cambridge (or Cornell!). Sorry, do you mind telling me what course you applied for? (I've just taken over for Swayum and couldn't find your course on the original post...presumably it's physics, but I just want to check.) It'll be useful for people applying next time round.
fox_amro
GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase:
Name: fox_amro
Course (deferred?):Mechanical Engineering (H301)
GCSEs/equivalent:IGCSEs 5A* 3A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:Maths A Physics A Computing A Chemistry A
Predicted subjects + grades: Maths A Physics A Chemistry A
Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc):n/a
Decision: OFFER ( AAA + A in all math modules )!!! BOLD GREEN ME SWAYUM

Well done!! That's great (and yay for the firm-age) :smile: Sorry it wasn't Swayum going the bolding but hopefully I did an alright job :rolleyes:

Tibbles168
Wohoo! Offer for Biomedical Science! :jive:
btw Swayum I updated my initial post for you!

:woo: (and I appreciate the updating just as much as Swayum would've, I'm sure :smile:) Also, I joined the facebook group aaaages ago (What, overly keen, me? Never :rolleyes:) so it's definitely not too early to join!

number12
offer for maths
standard offer

Well done!
LadyJaneGrey

:woo: (and I appreciate the updating just as much as Swayum would've, I'm sure :smile:) Also, I joined the facebook group aaaages ago (What, overly keen, me? Never :rolleyes:) so it's definitely not too early to join!

btw forgot to say it's going to be my firm, cheers. :p:
Reply 1696
Oooh, if Swayum has left that means I can finally become top poster! :zomg:

Every cloud has a silver lining eh? :wink:
Tibbles168
btw forgot to say it's going to be my firm, cheers. :p:

Cool, thanks :smile:

Mithra
Oooh, if Swayum has left that means I can finally become top poster! :zomg:

Every cloud has a silver lining eh? :wink:

Oh dear :sigh:
Reply 1698
LadyJaneGrey

Oh dear :sigh:

Why is this "oh dear"?! :fuhrer:
Mithra
Why is this "oh dear"?! :fuhrer:

:console: Calm down...haha, I got all excited this morning about going to Imperial (mostly because Rory went to Yale in the episode of Gilmore Girls I just watched). I want it to be October already! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending