University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

Krazy_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are the pros and cons of going private?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danny_FTHC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where did you go private?
jb_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hellsbellshelen)
Are you going with Dale Hall?
Yep! Not sure what the whole moving/waiting list situation is about but looking forward to the start of term wherever we may be
Dan-SB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Danny_FTHC)
Where did you go private?
I went with unite - Cambridge court!
A6 paper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dan-SB)
I went with unite - Cambridge court!
Same I booked today !
sla100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dale Hall is closing in December and will then be demolished. Anyone who has been allocated Dale will be moved at some stage during the first term. It appears that anyone who has been allocated a place at Sale originally applied for self catered probably in Crown or Vine, as Dale is so far wide of the mark for most people students allocated here are being given priority for any declines non takers etc for more suitable accommodation, this info came from a supervisor I spoke to today in the accommodation office.
CameronHirst
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year
Any ideas?
I was in Morton house last year and loved it. The funny thing is that those that lived in vine court HATED it because it was so lonely and isolated it is! I too was like you , and hadn't even given carnatic a thought during the application process, but I gave it a chance. Don't look into private accomodation as it's occupied mostly by John Moors students. Don't look at it as something to hate, because trust me it works out cheaper, you'll make more friends, and by the end might even miss it.
Dan-SB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CameronHirst)
I was in Morton house last year and loved it. The funny thing is that those that lived in vine court HATED it because it was so lonely and isolated it is! I too was like you , and hadn't even given carnatic a thought during the application process, but I gave it a chance. Don't look into private accomodation as it's occupied mostly by John Moors students. Don't look at it as something to hate, because trust me it works out cheaper, you'll make more friends, and by the end might even miss it.
I have found private accommodation which is closer and has a better room but I'm really worried that I won't meet people as easily as i will in Carnatic! Just don't know what to do 😔
Rebeelouise
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was in private halls for 1st year. Made no difference. Join a sports team and societies if you're worried about the friend thing. You'll never be lonely at uni!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloeleigh1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone chosen myrtle court on crown street??? Literally feel like the only one??
Miss M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chloeleigh1)
Has anyone chosen myrtle court on crown street??? Literally feel like the only one??
I'm about to book it now
Chloeleigh1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miss M)
I'm about to book it now
Ahhhh really what are you studying? I'm on the third floor in room E!
Krazy_b
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can we actually go visit crown place beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dan-SB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by A6 paper)
Same I booked today !
Which room are you in?
Radiohead_1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CameronHirst)
That's exactly what I was thinking if I get given Carnatic/ greenbank as an alternative ( the accomodation I got given is way too expensive so I'm on a waiting list atm )

Posted from TSR Mobile
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Krazy_b)
Can we actually go visit crown place beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't think so, its still being built so if we do it would only be the exterior part of it. its a shame coz I wanted to see the inside.
A6 paper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which room are you in?
Block c flat 73 wbu ?
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Block c flat 73 wbu ?
You already found your room? How did you find it.
Dan-SB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Block c flat 73 wbu ?
Block C, flat 33!
Joewa12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone going greenbank
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads