Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I think Ben Whishaw could fit rather well. He has the look, accent and screen presence to pull it off. He's also a (slightly) less well known actor.

Eddie Redmayne is also a good suggestion.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    I think Ben Whishaw could fit rather well. He has the look, accent and screen presence to pull it off. He's also a (slightly) less well known actor.

Yeah I'd be happy with Ben Whishaw. I hope the beeb don't choose someone completely random just to be different...that's my fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)

If it is Ben Whishaw I will melt every night. He is perfection.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree with lots of people and say that the next doctor should like the show, or have at the very least watched it. I loved Ecclestone as the Doctor but he hated working on the show and that takes some of the magic away from the audience.
    It's a similar thing to Harry Potter - apparently Daniel Radcliffe and rupert grint didn't get on at all and I think that's a real shame. (Went off at a tangent there, sorry...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    I would agree with lots of people and say that the next doctor should like the show, or have at the very least watched it. I loved Ecclestone as the Doctor but he hated working on the show and that takes some of the magic away from the audience.
    It's a similar thing to Harry Potter - apparently Daniel Radcliffe and rupert grint didn't get on at all and I think that's a real shame. (Went off at a tangent there, sorry...)
    Is that true about Harry Potter? D:
    I'm really sad about Eccleston; apparently the 50th was meant to be largely centred around him and the Time War, and the main reason John Hurt has got involved is cause he refused to take part (ALLEGEDLY, read on the interwebs). I wish it could have been Eccleston, he would have got a chance to shout 'Fantastic' a bit more at least

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen Richard Madden's name mentioned yet as a suggestion for who will be the next Doctor...

I loved his performance as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones, and his relationship with Jenna-Louise Coleman has seen him pop up on the DW set a few times. Considering he's in search of a job and Doctor Who's in search of a Doctor, I would giggle with joy if he played the next doctor.

ReputationRep:
    talking of Game of Thrones, what about Sean Bean? :awesome:

would be appropriate cause he is English and at some point he will die/regenerate!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone of this list would be a fantasy come true:

Stephen Fry
    Hugh Laurie
    Richard Ayoade

Miranda Hart
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Marc Warren (I think this one is actually a strong possibility, especially if they bring the whole valeyard doctor into play in the next incarnation - wouldn't Warren just be bloody amazing?)
    Sue Perkins

And if they want to play the "FINALLY! I'M GINGER!" card:

Rupert Grint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Rupert Grint.
    Rupert Grint would be incredible. It's never going to happen though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duchess eleanor)
    I want Harry Lloyd to be the new DW! He was amazing as Will in Robin Hood BBC!
    Yes!! Why didn't I think of this? Excellent suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And if they want to play the "FINALLY! I'M GINGER!" card:

Rupert Grint.
    I want them to get someone ginger purely so he/she gets to say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Rupert Grint would be incredible. It's never going to happen though.
    I can't think of a reason why not? :beard:

I haven't seen Rupert be anyone besides Ron, so it'd interesting to see him become the Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of a reason why not? :beard:

I haven't seen Rupert be anyone besides Ron, so it'd interesting to see him become the Doctor.
    Rupert Grint never seems to act crazy enough to play the Doctor - he just seems too normal. Well, he is an actor, he might adjust well to the role if he were to audition/get it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Rupert Grint is a very good actor, personally... I wouldn't be happy if he got the role for that reason. Although it would be hilarious to have a ginger Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I want Grint to do it, but dye his hair black for the role. Just to annoy everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siggles)
    I haven't seen Richard Madden's name mentioned yet as a suggestion for who will be the next Doctor...

I loved his performance as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones, and his relationship with Jenna-Louise Coleman has seen him pop up on the DW set a few times. Considering he's in search of a job and Doctor Who's in search of a Doctor, I would giggle with joy if he played the next doctor.
    NO NO NO!

God please no.

ReputationRep:
    List of Doctors I would like:
    Ben Whishaw
    Tom Hiddleston
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Richard Madden
    Andrew Lee Potts
    James McAvoy
    Henry Cavill

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  5.3 KB

That is all I have to say.

ReputationRep:

Awwwww :cry2:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Malevolent)

Awwwww :cry2:
    Almost didn't recognise him with his new hair :teehee:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.