Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They said they'll get back to me in 2 weeks. It's been over a month and I still haven't heard anything... does this mean a rejection/what does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theholonym)
    UCAS has it listed as a 1 in 7 (14%) course. Many PPE applicants also apply to it, usually as their second choice. It's just as competitive as Oxford, except you don't have the ability to impress in an interview. That might suit some people and not others.
    How do you find the stats on courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmango)
    My gcses are 7A*'s 3A's, predicted 4A* for A2. My personal statement is pretty average tbh, I felt that I wrote too much about extra curricular and not enough about actual maths, I just want a reply now though hahah! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11 A* and 4 A*s prediction. however my personal statement was just maths and no economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    How do you find the stats on courses?
    http://university.which.co.uk

I'm not sure as to whether the data is up to date or not. I would assume it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniyalfaiz)
    11 A* and 4 A*s prediction. however my personal statement was just maths and no economics
    I applied to maths and econ at LSE and my personal statement is mainly about economics, Iets just hope that they are impressed by our grades and the rest of our personal statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriselle15)
    They said they'll get back to me in 2 weeks. It's been over a month and I still haven't heard anything... does this mean a rejection/what does it mean?
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    I am into my fourth week into my five week email and I am not worried at all, LSE has a lot of applicants this year so I wouldn't be worried even if I was into the 7th week. Only thing I am worrying about is that my personal statement isn't strong enough for the courses I have applied for (econ and maths & econ)
    Is that econometrics and mathematical economics or Mathematics and Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frenchstud74)
    Hello fellow applicants !
    Also applied for PP. Received the 5week email 1 week ago. Do you know how this course is competitive ? No ideas of it but seems like it's a really overtaken one. I'm so worried about my application good luck anyway !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi I think LSE is competitive in itself, so I don't think this course is any different, but I'm sure you have a good chance of getting in if you have a good application! I can see you're French! I'm currently in terminale too, I'm not french, but I live in Strasbourg so I'm going to a french lycee and doing the OIB, cool that we're applying to the same course! ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brookzy)
    The email from UCAS says only that Track has been updated, not the specific information.
    I know..but that doesn't mean you have to check track beforehand. It only needs to be checked the few times you get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    I know..but that doesn't mean you have to check track beforehand. It only needs to be checked the few times you get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It means you should only check track when you get the email. All I do is just check my email every 30mins XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    Is that econometrics and mathematical economics or Mathematics and Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The two courses I applied for are:

1) Economics
    2) Mathematics and Economics.

I hope that clears the confusion

ReputationRep:
    It means you should only check track when you get the email. All I do is just check my email every 30mins XD.
    Same here when I am at school, although when I am at home I just have my email open at all times just waiting for the notification sound, even when I am sleeping XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Same here when I am at school, although when I am at home I just have my email open at all times just waiting for the notification sound, even when I am sleeping XD
    Lol, I probably won't be sane after all this ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IShootLikeAGirl)
    I applied for BA got my 7 week email on friday so 3 days after my 2 week email (hopefully this means they'll be quick in deciding) got AABC at AS although was ill for latin exam hence the C which is in my reference A* 8A 3B at AS and predicted A*AA although my classics teacher now wants to change it to A*A*A (no idea what she's going on about, my school is so weird haha) so not really hopeful, i only really applied as i didn't like St Andrews which was my other choice. Is this your first choice?
    You definitely have a chance, especially if your predictions go up to A* A* A. I applied to St Andrews too, but apparently they take a while to get back. Cambridge is my first

ReputationRep:
    Long live push email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    Same here.
    what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Government last Friday. I already got my spanish bachiller (A levels) with a 10 which is the highest grade awarded. They ask for a 9, so I would already have that. However I have the feeling that my PS is not good enough, so I don't know whether they're gonna accept me or not What are the chances for an applicant with very good marks to get rejected because of his PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alemartin)
    I applied for Government last Friday. I already got my spanish bachiller (A levels) with a 10 which is the highest grade awarded. They ask for a 9, so I would already have that. However I have the feeling that my PS is not good enough, so I don't know whether they're gonna accept me or not What are the chances for an applicant with very good marks to get rejected because of his PS?
    It's the only way to differentiate people who also have the same academic backgrounds as you do so yeah it does have quite a bit of a significance.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I said. I do the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many students will receive this e-mail? I apply for BMS.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.