Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivosk)
    my application is still being processed apparently
    Same what was your ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_dewji)
    please could anybody who has had their interviews on what the essay/questionnaire is about and what happens for those of us pre-interview people? thank you!
    Weve signed a form saying we won't disclose any information about the essay or ethical scenario, so we can't tell you what it's about, as they use the same one for everyone so telling would give you guys an unfair advantage.

But what actually happens is you go and sit in the waiting room, sign the form etc and half an hour before your interview you're given the essay and ethical scenario, and each takes fifteen minutes. After half an hour you're called in for your interview

ReputationRep:
    Fuaarrk come on kings!

Had an interview on the 11th Dec. still no news (Graduate for A100).

Still haven't provided the photocopies of my certificate - might be causing the delay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry, but what's this about an essay? Please forgive my ignorance but:

What KIND of question is it (not what IS the question)?
    How long is it meant to be?
    Is it taken into consideration when offers are made?

Please help. If it's like the BMAT essay then I need to prepare a bit although I can write a good essay when called upon.

Thank you so much. Yas

ReputationRep:
    Same! I had my interview on the 11th aswell.

What time did you have your interview?

The wait is becoming torturous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmine Cherfi)
    I'm really sorry, but what's this about an essay? Please forgive my ignorance but:

What KIND of question is it (not what IS the question)?
    How long is it meant to be?
    Is it taken into consideration when offers are made?

Please help. If it's like the BMAT essay then I need to prepare a bit although I can write a good essay when called upon.

Thank you so much. Yas
    By the sounds of it, post-christmas interviews get a questionnaire rather than an essay. I had an essay before my interview and had 15 mins for it, dont worry its nothing like BMAT, tbh its nothing that you need to revise for so I really wouldnt worry! They use it to differentiate between candidates who are similar, this is what they said on the interview invite:
    "You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myflyisopen)
    Same! I had my interview on the 11th aswell.

What time did you have your interview?

The wait is becoming torturous...

I was there at around 11.00, interview was at 11.45

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    I was there at around 11.00, interview was at 11.45

Yourself?
    So did I, still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic1)
    So did I, still waiting
    Have you sent your certificates?

I brought them into my interview assuming the lady would ask for them but she only wanted my passport.

ReputationRep:

I brought them into my interview assuming the lady would ask for them but she only wanted my passport.
    I scanned my gcse certificates in and sent them via my kings portal. They haven't said there's a problem so I'm assuming it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    I scanned my gcse certificates in and sent them via my kings portal. They haven't said there's a problem so I'm assuming it's ok.
    How did you find your interview?

ReputationRep:
    So did I, still waiting
    Mine was at 11 on the 11th as well... Still waiting. bleurgghhhhhhh Oh well, at least we're all waiting!!

ReputationRep:

I did the same, I think she took mine though (I was so nervous, I can hardly remember anything from that hour haha)...I have them to upload now, do you think I should just in case??? When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumpenna)
    I did the same, I think she took mine though (I was so nervous, I can hardly remember anything from that hour haha)...I have them to upload now, do you think I should just in case??? When was your interview?
    Hah, I guess the memory becomes blurry for such events.

I would still upload them, just in case - I'll do that myself after a day or two.

Interview was at 11.45

ReputationRep:
    Hah, I guess the memory becomes blurry for such events.

I would still upload them, just in case - I'll do that myself after a day or two.

Interview was at 11.45
    Mine was at 11 so we probably crossed each other, looking very shaken or relieved! Ok then, I'll try and get my scanner to work. It is just an attachment onto an internal email thing, right?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find your interview?
    Not as well as i had hopes. I left the room thinking they didn't know me enough and one of the interviewers kept pulling weird faces and putting me off, so I was very nervous. But who knows.. How about yours?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from the 9th heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Not as well as i had hopes. I left the room thinking they didn't know me enough and one of the interviewers kept pulling weird faces and putting me off, so I was very nervous. But who knows.. How about yours?
    It sounds like you've just taken my thoughts and written them down... I had exactly the same thing - I felt like they didn't know any more about me when I left! And I got the funny faces...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumpenna)
    It sounds like you've just taken my thoughts and written them down... I had exactly the same thing - I felt like they didn't know any more about me when I left! And I got the funny faces...
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRedPineapple)
    Ditto.
    SAME!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.