GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    34-36 ish, I'm going with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What would be an A?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where you can find past papers and mark schemes for B7? - it doesn't seem to be on the ocr website.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions on the B7 six markers? I'd love:

Components of the blood
    Explaining why ecosystems are a type of closed loop system
    Anything on genetic modification/gene technology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Does anyone have any predictions on the B7 six markers?
    Did someone call me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHylian)
    Did someone call me?
    Haha, yes! If I was to plan some of these (after learning B7 right now) I'm thinking:

Differences between Diabetes type 1 and type 2 and how they can be controlled
    Explain the components of the blood
    Explain the function of the heart and the valves in respect to blood
    Explain the components of a joint
    Explain different types of injuries and how they're dealt with (RICE)
    Explain what is meant by a perfect closed loop system and why ecosystems are not one of them
    Explain what is meant by a stable ecosystem and why their properties are beneficial (speak about vegetation)
    Explain the process of temperature inside the body
    Differences between vasodilation and vasoconstriction in the body and why they're important

That's all I've covered in B7 for now - and I'm sure you'll have about a million of them!

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit off topic but:

On the first P5 question (graph) I did a curve, rubbed it out (stupidly, yet telling myself it was just f(x) = x2) and drew a straight line. It was out of three marks and I was wondering how many marks you think that I'd get for:

Straight line
    Not going through origin (since current started at 0.5A)
    'Current in Amps' on y axis, 'Power in Volts' on x axis

These were the major things I think that you would've had to of included, so I'm thinking 2 due to the straight line that should've been curved.
    Seeing as it was a graph of current against power, I took it as given that 0 amps would produce 0 watts and so drew it through the origin. You can justify it either way, but I suppose they were just looking for the general trend. I reckon you should get 2 marks, maybe 1 if the examiner is mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danbomb123)
    What would be an A?
    27 to 30, perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And maybe any six markers for c7 and p7 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHylian)
    Did someone call me?
    Yes please!!!

ReputationRep:
    A bit off topic but does anyone have a business communications systems exam on Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yes! If I was to plan some of these (after learning B7 right now) I'm thinking:

Differences between Diabetes type 1 and type 2 and how they can be controlled
    Explain the components of the blood
    Explain the function of the heart and the valves in respect to blood
    Explain the components of a joint
    Explain different types of injuries and how they're dealt with (RICE)
    Explain what is meant by a perfect closed loop system and why ecosystems are not one of them
    Explain what is meant by a stable ecosystem and why their properties are beneficial (speak about vegetation)
    Explain the process of temperature inside the body
    Differences between vasodilation and vasoconstriction in the body and why they're important

That's all I've covered in B7 for now - and I'm sure you'll have about a million of them!
    what is there to say for 6 marks about why ecosystems are not a perfect closed loop system? All as i can think of is because of human activity e.g. Taking out unrecycled waste, overfishing and timber harvesting
    is there any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    what is there to say for 6 marks about why ecosystems are not a perfect closed loop system? All as i can think of is because of human activity e.g. Taking out unrecycled waste, overfishing and timber harvesting
    is there any more?
    Stating what a perfect closed loop ecosystem
    Why ecosystems aren't (migration of organisms, nutrients are carried by water/air)?

ReputationRep:
    Stating what a perfect closed loop ecosystem
    Why ecosystems aren't (migration of organisms, nutrients are carried by water/air)?
    Ohh i remember that now! Would you still put about the human activity?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh i remember that now! Would you still put about the human activity?
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    Have to say B7 is quite a nice unit

ReputationRep:
    I know this question is rather far fetched but i can imagine that in B7 they will ask us aboit topics that arent on the specification, does anyone have any idea on what these could be? For example things youve been taught by your teacher which arent necessarily covered by the spec!
    i understand they could ask literally anything but its worth the shot asking i suppose

ReputationRep:
    I know this question is rather far fetched but i can imagine that in B7 they will ask us aboit topics that arent on the specification, does anyone have any idea on what these could be? For example things youve been taught by your teacher which arent necessarily covered by the spec!
    i understand they could ask literally anything but its worth the shot asking i suppose
    Our teacher taught us about DNA ligase and DNA endonuclease in terms of genetic modification. We were also taught about tertiary groups and all of that ecosystem nonsense that I hate too. And we don't even need to know it!

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher taught us about DNA ligase and DNA endonuclease in terms of genetic modification. We were also taught about tertiary groups and all of that ecosystem nonsense that I hate too. And we don't even need to know it!
    I hate when teachers do that! They seem to get carried away after teaching their A-level classes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyT17)
    Yeah I think it should be enough but c7 is quite hard so I would go in for any revision session your school holds because they have lots of calculations and equation but tbh My school didn't teach c7 good anyway :/ B7 is nice and p7 is just ok but then there's c7 lol. Good luck for your exams! Also I'm doing the same thing as u, I'm only revising in order.
    I'll probably still end up learning all of C7 the night before anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    There's been mixed feelings about the Physics exams. 123 could easily be 30 for an a* judging by how everyone seems to have done. 456 was marginally better, according to most people, but it seemed to me to be stuff that you could do if you knew the syllabus well, whereas P123 was just random crap for the most part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually preferred the P123 to the 456

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.