Post Scriptum: Just realised the retarded repetition of "for economics"
Mind your language...
greenbeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Caecilius)
Gap year applicant. 10A* GCSEs, 5A* A-levels - Maths, Further Maths, Economics, German, General Studies - and As in History and EPQ.

100% in Econ, 96% in Maths, 91% in Further Maths, 92% in German. Something along those lines.

Post Scriptum: Just realised the retarded repetition of "for economics"

looks like you wont have any problem getting in:P
honestly, amazing grades! you definitely deserve a place
Caecilius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by greenbeast)
looks like you wont have any problem getting in:P
honestly, amazing grades! you definitely deserve a place
Well, that's what people told me about Oxford, sooo... (I didn't get in last year)

Grades sadly are not that important.
oggdeferrer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Current Johnian here - wooo! Well done on picking a cracking college guys. Loads of luck for the interviews (I'm renting out my room hopefully, so enjoy that). Any questions, I'm happy to answer

(Applied first time round for English to another college, got pooled and reinterviewed at another before being rejected. Applied to Johns for Education with English and Drama - accepted!)
Viceroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oggdeferrer)
Current Johnian here - wooo! Well done on picking a cracking college guys. Loads of luck for the interviews (I'm renting out my room hopefully, so enjoy that). Any questions, I'm happy to answer

(Applied first time round for English to another college, got pooled and reinterviewed at another before being rejected. Applied to Johns for Education with English and Drama - accepted!)
Cyber high-five, fellow Johnian!
Kaylee Frye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My interview is next week (the 11th, but I'll be staying over on the 10th) and the nerves are already killing me!

Quick question for current students: what is the general interview like? I'm applying for ASnC, but the general interview is with a professor in physics, so I'm a little confused as to what we'll be talking about?

Oh man, I wish St John's was less perfect, than I'd want to get in less desperately and I could be a bit more relaxed about this interview
thgrbe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Hiya! Well done for getting in! I applied for the same degree this year, I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to tell me what the interview and essay test was like? I just want to have an idea so I can prepare! Thanks ever so much!
bill96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Why St John's is so popular this year?
sophieijlstra
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaylee Frye)
My interview is next week (the 11th, but I'll be staying over on the 10th) and the nerves are already killing me!

Quick question for current students: what is the general interview like? I'm applying for ASnC, but the general interview is with a professor in physics, so I'm a little confused as to what we'll be talking about?

Oh man, I wish St John's was less perfect, than I'd want to get in less desperately and I could be a bit more relaxed about this interview
I have interviews for maths on the 11th! good luck
oggdeferrer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thgrbe)
Hiya! Well done for getting in! I applied for the same degree this year, I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to tell me what the interview and essay test was like? I just want to have an idea so I can prepare! Thanks ever so much!
For Education with English and Drama? Or straight English?

For EDE it's changed this year, and you will be asked to discuss an educational topic which you find interesting - and then will just generally talk about things which interest you for both English/Drama and Education. They might give you a poem to analyse - this changes year on year. I was given a poem to look at before my interview, which I then discussed once I was in.

For straight English, I applied to Girton first time round, and every college is different. I had to do a practical criticism (basically an essay analysing the poem(s)) and then talk about an extract they gave me mid-interview.

If you want to know more about EDE/English (I have loads of friends doing English both at Johns and generally) - pm me

(Original post by bill96)
Why St John's is so popular this year?
Absolutely no idea! Was speaking to my DoS and she was saying how the applicant numbers have gone up exponentially. For example - my subject (Education) had 3 direct applicants, and 1 open applicant. I got in, and the other 3 were rejected, Johns then took 2 more through the pool (although one missed her offer unfortunately). So there were 4 applicants and 3 offers - but only 1 direct applicant was accepted. This year, however, there are 19 direct applicants for my subject!

(My year was a standard year, not an exceptionally low one at all!).
medic2233
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
On the St John's portal, it says we will be notified in mid Jan, but on the cambridge website on the 3rd...
Is it true that all colleges have to post on the 3rd,or can the notification differ from college to college?
Sparticus515
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by medic2233)
On the St John's portal, it says we will be notified in mid Jan, but on the cambridge website on the 3rd...
Is it true that all colleges have to post on the 3rd,or can the notification differ from college to college?
I think it says by mid Jan because some people who are pooled don't find out straight away. I think (and hope) all colleges send out letters on the 3rd
medic2233
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sparticus515)
I think it says by mid Jan because some people who are pooled don't find out straight away. I think (and hope) all colleges send out letters on the 3rd
Oh right! Yeah it's only fair if they tell everyone at the same time! Waiting for the interviews was awful itself! Anyway fingers crossed.
bill96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone know if St John's send email to international applicants?
The mail from UK is too slow to arrive Asia.
thanks a lot.
Caecilius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pooled for econ.
bill96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best wish to you.
Do you get the pooled outcome by mail?
Reddish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pooled for engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
greenbeast
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Caecilius)
Pooled for econ.
Congrats, that's good considering the competition this year!
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
<*(((><
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pooled for ChemEng NatSci
WK_Of_Angmar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer for Computer Science.
Anyone else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No (15)
62.5%

Watched Threads