Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Getting quite sick of this whole process - constantly checking my email, being worried about the fact I haven't heard back from certain places... No fun at all.
    I am too - so far 7 apps 2 rejections and 1 interview

ReputationRep:
    Getting quite sick of this whole process - constantly checking my email, being worried about the fact I haven't heard back from certain places... No fun at all.
    Ugh me too!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Try and remain positive and don't try and let it get to you.

But if you think this is bad, wait until you get round to secondment decisions, qualification, promotions and the partnership track. All of these will make internship applications seem like a walk in the park.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did a video interview with Nabarro and think I may have accidentally X the browser prematurely...Since I got an email a day or two later asking why I didn't complete the interview by the provider..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Did a video interview with Nabarro and think I may have accidentally X the browser prematurely...Since I got an email a day or two later asking why I didn't complete the interview by the provider..
    I would email the provider to check. did you finish your responses? also what was the interview like? what type of qs were you faced with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    I would email the provider to check. did you finish your responses? also what was the interview like? what type of qs were you faced with?
    Yeah I emailed HR. I finished the responses 100% only concern is that I may have been to quick to exit - Maybe I was required to complete some miscellaneous information/survey after the test.

It's just general competency question/Why Nabarro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Yeah I emailed HR. I finished the responses 100% only concern is that I may have been to quick to exit - Maybe I was required to complete some miscellaneous information/survey after the test.

It's just general competency question/Why Nabarro
    As you finished the responses Im sure it will be fine. thanks for the feedback, was there any commercial qs?

ReputationRep:
    you bet. What firms have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on Linklaters!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    Still waiting on Linklaters!!!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pug08)
    Has anyone done the Boodle hatfield application? They asked the standard questions (why us, why law) and also want a cover letter but I'm a bit lost on what more there is for us to write as they've asked everything I would have written in a cover letter...

I've had the exact same issue! Esp cause the transferable skills question is where I talked about key competencies etc so don't think I have anything else to talk about, so if anyone has any insight I'd be keen to hear it!

ReputationRep:
    Would be interested to know if anyone has got a TC/knows someone who has gotten one without attending any vac schemes? I'm struggling to get one and not sure if this is because I'm not their target audience exactly (not a current student - did law as a postgrad and am currently in full time work) - I don't know whether it's worth my while applying straight for TC rather than worrying about vac schemes? I have a lot of work experience including some legal. Any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the Allen & Overy vac scheme assessment day? I am really struggling to know what to prepare for the case study interview- is it purely commercially focused? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Me too!
    Hey have you guys also got the change on your online submission status from 'under review' to 'interview stage'? If that means you have an interview then I don't know why I haven't got an email yet...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for HSF? ...
    Completed verbal + logic tests on the 14th of January ...
    gnaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horse273)
    Hey have you guys also got the change on your online submission status from 'under review' to 'interview stage'? If that means you have an interview then I don't know why I haven't got an email yet...
    I checked last week and it hadn't changed - doubt it will have as I haven't been invited to take the WG yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmopsk)
    Would be interested to know if anyone has got a TC/knows someone who has gotten one without attending any vac schemes? I'm struggling to get one and not sure if this is because I'm not their target audience exactly (not a current student - did law as a postgrad and am currently in full time work) - I don't know whether it's worth my while applying straight for TC rather than worrying about vac schemes? I have a lot of work experience including some legal. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Have you tried contacting any grad recruitment teams? I always wonder why this board is the first port of call for most...

I don't know of anyone personally, but I know many instances of people who have a TC with firms other than those in which they completed vac schemes. If you believe you have plenty of experience, just go ahead and apply. There are many firms that set spaces aside for direct TC applications and furthermore, you'll see on firm websites that they use vac schemes merely as a chance for experiencing the inner workings of a city law firm. Obviously this is less true for some firms who recruit for their TCs heavily or exclusively from the vac scheme, but not all are like that.

I wouldn't recommend applying to Mischcon directly for a TC for example, and I'm not even sure that's possible anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    Have you tried contacting any grad recruitment teams? I always wonder why this board is the first port of call for most...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chances are that you can get the answer from TSR in <1 hour instead of 2-3 days or possibly more.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmopsk)
    I've recruited plenty. Especially if you have lots of work experience and some in the legal sector, there is nothing wrong with applying directly for a TC.

Have you tried applying to open days/workshops as an alternative? Are you applying to programmes you are definitely eligible for?

The only time I would see it being an issue is if you are not eligible for the programme (ie if it's only for penultimate year students).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horse273)
    Hey, I am the same. Mine changed to interview stage on the 9 Jan and I still haven't got an email about it yet. But I did email Links and they replied by saying that they are still in the process of reviewing other peoples applications and arranging groups for the AC...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.