Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    It's been great Got to go to work though as you sleep!
    Psssh, I envy you :lol:

(Original post by Euan29)
    Got 5 Highers now (RMPS, History, English, Maths and Bus Man) but contemplating changing RMPS for Modern Studies now...
    Then maybe 6th year and apply for University.

Thanks again!
    Ahhh, okay - exciting stuff! Any idea what you'd want to do at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Psssh, I envy you :lol:

Ahhh, okay - exciting stuff! Any idea what you'd want to do at Uni?
    Not exactly sure, but was interested in the finance/economics/business management courses at Strathclyde.

Moreorless just trying to leave my options open for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan29)
    Not exactly sure, but was interested in the finance/economics/business management courses at Strathclyde.

Moreorless just trying to leave my options open for now
    Nice - seems like a good plan :yes:

Enjoy the rest of your day

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who has got their results so far! I just opened mine (S5) and got
    Higher English - A
    Higher French - A
    Higher German - A
    Higher Mathematics - A
    Higher Modern Studies - A
    Higher Physics - A

Totally buzzing
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHD7726)
    I got I my fourth year results

Int 2 Biology A

Int 2 Spanish A

Standard grade chemistry 1

Standard grade physics 2

Standard grade English 2

Standard grade maths 2

Standard grade drama 2

Standard grade business management 2

And five higher so got 5 C's really need someone's help what can I do want to do medicine so devastated , what routes can I take to do medicine, how can I do medicine now please someone help me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!

Congrats on those results, but sorry to hear that you're not as happy with them. You might want to visit our medicine forum where there will be many threads on this sort of thing. You might want to consider an Access course, or perhaps graduate entry medicine. I'd pop over to the medicine forum for more info.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I seriously haven't done well. No where near my conditions for Uni, what are my options? I could actually do something so bad right now.

ReputationRep:
    I feel **** I got all C's in Adv H biology and Chemistry and Higher maths and Business management. This was supposed to be my year.What do I do now.I want to do medicine but is that even possible.I feel like a complete burden to my family especially my parents.The same thing happened last year and they kept supporting me even though I felt like I didnt deserve it.I hate myself that its unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Some amazing results on here (to be expected on TSR). To those doing less well, remember it's not the end of anything. It's just a different starting point.

Most of all, impressive fortitude for staying up so late!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I've been dreaming about working... and writing posts and emails to you all in my sleep! Haha!

Now I'm back in TSR HQ! :woo:

(Original post by Confused!)
    Guys, I seriously haven't done well. No where near my conditions for Uni, what are my options? I could actually do something so bad right now.
    Hello you,

How many points away are you? What was your offer? Track will open at 9 so there isn't much you can do until then.

How are you feeling about your insurance choice? Sorry so many questions - we'll do our best to help you

ReputationRep:
    Hello you,

How many points away are you? What was your offer? Track will open at 9 so there isn't much you can do until then.

How are you feeling about your insurance choice? Sorry so many questions - we'll do our best to help you [/QUOTE]

Hi,

My highest offer was ABBCC and my lowest was BBC. I've landed with BCFF, I don't know how. I had thought I absolutely aced the Adv.Higher Computing due it feeling so easy this year, I am so so gutted right now. Also, Higher Maths? I would thought I AT LEAST got a C in it, I don't even know why, my parents paid £30 for tutoring TWICE a week from October, this is just so so so so bad.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wont be sleeping... I'll be on here most the time except for over lunch time

ReputationRep:
    Hey all i have a question from my friend, he got his results by email this morning and is wanting to go through clearing, im guessing he didnt get what he wanted. He was asking something and i wasnt sure what the answer would be so here i log on this at 7 in the morning! UGH. Anyways, he was going through clearing, seen something he liked but it said the entry requrements were something like BBBC cant remember really and he had BBCCC and i guess he was wondering if he would still get it or its worth phoning them, i wasnt too sure about that either so i dont know what to tell him the wrong thing. AHH

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a link to the medicine thread Ecosse is talking about thanks much appreciated
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolcat)
    I feel **** I got all C's in Adv H biology and Chemistry and Higher maths and Business management. This was supposed to be my year.What do I do now.I want to do medicine but is that even possible.I feel like a complete burden to my family especially my parents.The same thing happened last year and they kept supporting me even though I felt like I didnt deserve it.I hate myself that its unbelievable.
    Hey, that definitely isn't true - you deserve your parents support, and they'll support you through. You did what you could and that's what matters - Just believe in yourself, and remember grades aren't everything.

Im going to quote in She-Ra (an awesome person!) to help you out with your question!

(Original post by She-Ra)
    FAO

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Congrats on those results, but sorry to hear that you're not as happy with them. You might want to visit our medicine forum where there will be many threads on this sort of thing. You might want to consider an Access course, or perhaps graduate entry medicine. I'd pop over to the medicine forum for more info.
    Can you give me a direct link to the thread please cheeers

ReputationRep:
    I need to sleep. Badly. Migraine hurts and the lack of sleep isn't helping matters :lol:

On that note, I think I'm gonna head off...

It's been lovely speaking to you all, and you've all done amazingly, so don't think otherwise.
    A couple of you really do need to learn to stop thinking so negatively :yes:

To those of you who haven't got your results yet - good luck (not that you'll need it), fingers crossed for all of you :crossedf:

I hope my advice hasn't been too awful :giggle:
    I tried my hardest, I promise

Thanks for a lovely evening/morning/day/whatever this has been

Neuth is checking out of the WS Nightshift - enjoy, Mobbs and all of the staff/mods/SLs etc. who are all turning up
    (That was a pretty big sign I needed to get off TSR - it's always bad when you've seen people talk, then sleep, then wake up and you're still around :lol:)

(Original post by She-Ra)
    I'm back in TSR HQ! :woo:
    Gosh, it's 7 already?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsisannoying)
    Hey all i have a question from my friend, he got his results by email this morning and is wanting to go through clearing, im guessing he didnt get what he wanted. He was asking something and i wasnt sure what the answer would be so here i log on this at 7 in the morning! UGH. Anyways, he was going through clearing, seen something he liked but it said the entry requrements were something like BBBC cant remember really and he had BBCCC and i guess he was wondering if he would still get it or its worth phoning them, i wasnt too sure about that either so i dont know what to tell him the wrong thing. AHH
    He will need to speak to the university, and remember most universities don't open clearing until A level results (14th), only a few scottish unis do. Also remember, if he is offered a place, he wont be able to accept and confirm it through UCAS until after 2.30pm today!

Link to clearing guide here!

Hope this helps!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHD7726)
    Can you give me a direct link to the thread please cheeers
    Here you are buddy

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got results for higher rmps? :0
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I need to sleep. Badly. Migraine hurts and the lack of sleep isn't helping matters :lol:

On that note, I think I'm gonna head off...

It's been lovely speaking to you all, and you've all done amazingly, so don't think otherwise.
    A couple of you really do need to learn to stop thinking so negatively :yes:

To those of you who haven't got your results yet - good luck (not that you'll need it), fingers crossed for all of you :crossedf:

I hope my advice hasn't been too awful :giggle:
    I tried my hardest, I promise

Thanks for a lovely evening/morning/day/whatever this has been

Neuth is checking out of the WS Nightshift - enjoy, Mobbs and all of the staff/mods/SLs etc. who are all turning up
    (That was a pretty big sign I needed to get off TSR - it's always bad when you've seen people talk, then sleep, then wake up and you're still around :lol:)

Gosh, it's 7 already?
    Haha, I never left - nah I know what you mean, have a good rest - thanks for all your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.