Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    Yes and no, if you get the right teachers you might well end up having a chat rather than working and if you get the right form tutor they might not care if you spend those lessons in the common room.
    Ooh interesting I've heard of a few schools like that but in my frees I can basically do whatever I want

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    The other lessons not filled with actual lessons (if that makes sense?) have to be filled with either supervised study (with a teacher in their free lesson or in the back of one of their classes) or teacher support (helping a teacher with the lower years).
    Woah your schools extra! We have 7 frees and in them you can't really study because in the 'study base' no one really studies they all talk, laugh and chill! And I can't concentrate in that kind of environment lol. So I'm glad that we're getting 7 hours of chill out time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x

so you're interested in studying chemistry? :rolleyes: i was like 'another med applicant here' when i checked out your profile. lol

ReputationRep:
    Went back today.

I have 10 frees a week, which is annoying because we aren't allowed to leave school and my school got rid of the common room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautyviews)
    Went back today.

I have 10 frees a week, which is annoying because we aren't allowed to leave school and my school got rid of the common room.
    why did they get rid of the common room? that's the best bit about sixth form :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    First day and I walked into the common room to sit down and year 12s were chilling on our chairs. Casually made them aware of the ground rules. :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    why did they get rid of the common room? that's the best bit about sixth form :rolleyes:
    I know! They suddenly started closing it except for break and lunch then they said that we need to be supervised at all times incase something happens to us. So they have changed it into another classroom which I think is ridiculous because every year students weren't being supervised in there so why now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautyviews)
    I know! They suddenly started closing it except for break and lunch then they said that we need to be supervised at all times incase something happens to us. So they have changed it into another classroom which I think is ridiculous because every year students weren't being supervised in there so why now?
    That's bizarre :confused: Where do they expect you to go now?

Sounds to me like the school was short on space and I guess the common room's easiest way to add classroom space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    That's bizarre :confused: Where do they expect you to go now?

Sounds to me like the school was short on space and I guess the common room's easiest way to add classroom space
    The dining room in our frees. At break and lunch everyone just stands around outside or sits in the workroom. Haha my school actually built another massive building for the sixthform but then decided to turn it into classrooms so I don't think that was the case.

We all think it's ridiculous.. I have never heard of a sixthform without a common room!

ReputationRep:
    My college doesn't even have a common room, and we can leave whenever we don't have class (I know that's probably cause it's a college not a sixth form but round here only like 10 percent of schools have sixth forms so almost everyone goes to college)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    arghhhhhhh school tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    arghhhhhhh school tomorrow
    yaaaay what subjects are you taking?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by AhmedDavid)
    First day and I walked into the common room to sit down and year 12s were chilling on our chairs. Casually made them aware of the ground rules. :banana2:
    I was lucky enough to be in (along with two other Y13s) before any Y12s got in this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    I was lucky enough to be in (along with two other Y13s) before any Y12s got in this morning.
    My bus gets in before an hour before class starts so I always get first pick of seats
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nangnang)
    My bus gets in before an hour before class starts so I always get first pick of seats
    The good thing about having a mother who teaches at school is you get there earlier than everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    The good thing about having a mother who teaches at school is you get there earlier than everyone else.
    I still make it to college before most of the teachers though XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    *sends many hugs* If you need help, you can PM me!
    (Original post by 8472)
    :hugs:
    I'm here if you want/need anything.
    Thank you both, it means a lot :-)
    I'm just really stressed already, it doesn't help that I've had so many rehearsals for a concert lately and the MD is being a bit of a d***.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_slatch)
    I have 4 this year! Damn you seven lessons of further maths you
    You must have quite a different structured timetable, 18 frees, 18 Further Maths, 9 Physics for me (this is over 2 weeks though, probably why!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_slatch)
    yaaaay what subjects are you taking?
    Maths, FM, Economics and History :P wbu?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    First day of Y10 was great :ahee:
    :popout:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.