Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyperthy)
    I wouldn't mind being pooled to the toilet in costa atm

Tbh I think it's quite cruel how letters are sent out on the Friday ... Some will recieve early Saturday and start posting on here ... Then others mid day but a lot will be left waiting(stressing) over the weekend, as most colleges don't email till Monday/Tuesday. Could be a better universal system in place.

What course and college did you apply for ??
    Lol just saw the toilet in Costa bit haha, well you definitely deserve an offer for dedication!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Haha I did some similar stuff - I couldn't answer the most basic questions while I feel I did better on the supposedly harder ones (although I wasn't actually asked any super hard question that I couldn't answer, the only ones I didn't get as far as I know we're the basic ones)

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine if that's your only mess-up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest I feel quite similarly. My questions were never excessively difficult ones, I feel like probably the best part was my waffling, because I got to discuss something about which I'm particularly passionate.

Haha, I hope so! Best of luck for saturday, I'm gonna be praying for us both.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind being pooled to the toilet in costa atm

Tbh I think it's quite cruel how letters are sent out on the Friday ... Some will recieve early Saturday and start posting on here ... Then others mid day but a lot will be left waiting(stressing) over the weekend, as most colleges don't email till Monday/Tuesday. Could be a better universal system in place.

What course and college did you apply for ??
    Personally, I feel it to be a travesty that they don't make the porters deliver them by hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    To be honest I feel quite similarly. My questions were never excessively difficult ones, I feel like probably the best part was my waffling, because I got to discuss something about which I'm particularly passionate.

Thanks, good luck to you too! (although I find out on Monday the earliest )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    I'm feeling Worried About Ray by The Hoosiers atm
    The Hoosiers are great!
    Cops and Robbers is my jam though
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    What? No...

:run::run::run:
    :reel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune
    You'll never walk alone but the lyrics changed to you'll never be at John's tbf I'll probably listen to it anyway but just interpret it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are any colleges emailing on friday?

ReputationRep:
    Just read this thing from a parent on the Oxford thread where they said their child was rejected partially because she seemed so nervous in one of the interviews. That doesn't make me feel very good, it sounds a lot like the circumstances of my interviews.

Anybody else thinking about joining IS if they're rejected? I'd need a travel buddy if anyone's interested, I've never read the Quran though...
    Hahahahaha ... But in all honesty most people claiming to know the reason for their rejection are guessing and probably wrong to an extent ...

(unless ofcourse they applied for maths and didn't do a maths a level(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    You'll never walk alone but the lyrics changed to you'll never be at John's tbf I'll probably listen to it anyway but just interpret it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a classic! Hope you aren't a Liverpool fan though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek!)
    From what I have seen, a few people who have been pool re interviewed have had high UMS (saw a 97% and 98%).

Surely if you make it to Saturday with that sort of ums you should stand a pretty good chance as if you were going to be rejected it would likely be from say a really poor interview (But in this case it's likely you would be invited for re-interview as that would seem out of place for someone with a high ums).

Also I think the fact that people with this sort of ums are being re interviewed doesn't mean that lots of unsuccessful applicants have high ums as the reason they are being re interviewed might be that their ums is making other colleges give them another chance to have a good interview.

So if you have high UMS and don't get called to re interview it may mean that: Interview was so bad that wouldn't give another chance (unlikely), Ums was enough to get you the offer (whether you did good or average at interview).

(Probably not true)

Can anyone tell I can't stop thinking about Saturday?
    look at my post on page 69 .. May help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IesIicules)
    I would also like an answer to this question and am very distressed that it had not been asked before
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IesIicules)
    I would also like an answer to this question and am very distressed that it had not been asked before
    No

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel it to be a travesty that they don't make the porters deliver them by hand.
    OMG ... Yesssss!!! I am willing to wait another month if this happens

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaha ... But in all honesty most people claiming to know the reason for their rejection are guessing and probably wrong to an extent ...

(unless ofcourse they applied for maths and didn't do a maths a level(
    No, they did know! They got their feedback, that's what it said apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Yeah that does true, not using email does seem a bit archaic but guess that's the romance about Oxbridge! I applied for Economics at Jesus wbu?
    Natsci at trinity ... Tbh all the nervous comments on this thread are starting to rub off on me

ReputationRep:

I had the exact same experience, went to the wrong staircase, got there 20 mins early, but I was waiting in entrance hall of accomodation staircase. I was huffing and panting and struggled to answer most basic questions!!! But it was a bit better at the end. I found the questions were also not too difficult

ReputationRep:
    Natsci at trinity ... Tbh all the nervous comments on this thread are starting to rub off on me
    Fair! Guessing your UMS is Sikh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No
    K thanks!

ReputationRep:
    No, they did know! They got their feedback, that's what it said apparently.
    My mistake ... Sorry

But the thing with feedback is that Oxbridge has to be very politically correct and cannot actually say much or real substances .. So take it with a pinch of salt.

A lot of schools used to (and probably still do) lobby complaints and attempt to sue the universities at any chance they get

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.