Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kezkel
Its now been a month since I applied. The wait is killing me. :frown:

I applied in October and got my offer in February!! Stick in there :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Got rejected by Durham for economics but being considered for bsc finance at queens campus! Anyone else applied for this course?
Original post by Mld120
I'm waiting on St Andrews as well and have the same dilemma with the fees..... I think if I didn't take that into account, I would choose Durham... but it is such a massive point to consider. I'm going to go visit both unis hopefully in March and then decide! Are you leaning more towards one rather than the other? :smile:

Same as you! Without taking the fees into account, definately Durham. If I get an offer from St Andrews or Edinburgh, I'll have to think about it. I might visit in March as well, but leaning more towards Durham at the moment☺️
Original post by sarahmcallister
I was really tempted to take Classics but I couldn't give up English literature. I hope you hear soon

whereas I couldn't give up the art/history and philosophy so Classics was the best course to keep everything in :''")
Original post by mazzaion
whereas I couldn't give up the art/history and philosophy so Classics was the best course to keep everything in :''":wink:

the art part of classics is amazing. If I can always try to get some part of it my art projects
Starting to think Durham and Edinburgh hate foreign language applicants... :,)
Be hopeful. Me and a close friend of mine are "foreign language applicants" and got offers from Durham. Be patient and hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leehoma
Be hopeful. Me and a close friend of mine are "foreign language applicants" and got offers from Durham. Be patient and hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing my best, but besides yourself, I've yet to see another person with a foreign language studies offer! I'm going for Chinese - mind if I ask what you were offered? :smile:
Sorry that I misread your post (I read your post on a small iPhone 4 screen). I applied for law instead of a foreign language. But, remains hopeful. Not getting rejected up to now is a good sign. I send you my sincere blessing here from Hong Kong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leehoma
Sorry that I misread your post (I read your post on a small iPhone 4 screen). I applied for law instead of a foreign language. But, remains hopeful. Not getting rejected up to now is a good sign. I send you my sincere blessing here from Hong Kong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I wondered if you yourself may have been Chinese, or at least oriental (Leehom is a name I recognise!) and your luck and wishes are greatly appreciated! Nin nian kuai le :smile: Finger's crossed!
I gives you can tell that leehoma literally means "how are you".

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess not gives. Hates auto correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leehoma
I gives you can tell that leehoma literally means "how are you".

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't like to presume! :smile: x
Original post by Crozzer24
Got rejected by Durham for economics but being considered for bsc finance at queens campus! Anyone else applied for this course?

Unlucky. If you don't mind saying when did you apply and what were you predicted?
anyone applied to economics heard anything? sent my application in on 26th november
Reply 1715
Anyone hear for PPE yet? This thread seems to have no PPE applicants! Applied on the 1st of december.
anyone heard for liberal arts? applied 4th october and so far nothing !!!!
Original post by Bigdog7
Unlucky. If you don't mind saying when did you apply and what were you predicted?

Applied 26th November predicted A*AA
Got an offer yesterday for MMath (European Studies)!! A*A (Maths and F. Maths any order) A (Chemistry) B (French). I can't quite work out if A*AA would be acceptable if one of the As was in French. Now I need to see if I can defer for a year cos I've decided to take a gap year (a simple life would be boring, eh?). Does anyone know how likely they are to allow me to do that because I really want to do this course!?
Original post by mhamill864
Got an offer yesterday for MMath (European Studies)!! A*A (Maths and F. Maths any order) A (Chemistry) B (French). I can't quite work out if A*AA would be acceptable if one of the As was in French. Now I need to see if I can defer for a year cos I've decided to take a gap year (a simple life would be boring, eh?). Does anyone know how likely they are to allow me to do that because I really want to do this course!?

Not at all apparently, but good luck with it!

Quick Reply

Latest